Hurricane Florence

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

daisychain

Re: Hurricane Florence

Post by daisychain »

Adding my prayers for all those in the hurricane's path. Hoe everyone survives OK that that their loss is minimal. As mentioned by others some items are so precious & part of your lives so am hoping all things that are dear to you do get become debris in the storm.

Keep safe everyone.
Blossom :D

we reap what we sow & smiling is infectious so pass it on
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Glad to know you are both far away from home and in a safe place with your dear companions.

I know exactly how you are having to keep your furry friends in the bedroom. One of my sons is staying with us whilst he house hunts back here in Brisbane and has has both his 'ladies' with him. He lets them out so 1 more daring than the rest has been out and about and HM Tuppence is NOT AMUSED at all. They met im the hallway just now, boy it was noisy. However no fight as I managed to grab HM and brought him to my bedroom and talked to him a while until he settled somewhat.

Good luck both of you with keeping your fury family happy.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

So glad to hear this has been downgraded - last read cat 2, but apparently it is the slow moving nature tha will cause so much rain, storm surge and flooding, I do hope everyone in it's path stays safe, dry and warm, and all treasured belongings are safe as well as furry or feathered friends of course.

Do please keep us posted when you can.

:grouphug:
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

Poor fur babies were sick today. Darth has a roundworm infection and was in a lot of pain. He and Radar went to the vet and because they were "refugees" we got a slight discount. Nothings ever easy. :ratherbe:
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
daisychain

Post by daisychain »

Hope you furries soon get better. Keep safe yourselves. Looks so awful on TV & now another one in the Philippines, they get 20 a year but this latest one going to them is the largest so far this year. Seems all the storms are much more ferocious this time round.
Blossom :D

we reap what we sow & smiling is infectious so pass it on
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Still hoping and praying you are all safe and that no damage happens to your homes and precious things.

Poor Darth having to put up with a visit to the vet. Hope he gets better soon. Tuppy sends and 'ear scratch to help him feel better'

WIPS
dwitt

Post by dwitt »

So to all my friends who have evacuated because of the hurricane I hope you will be as outraged as me and my Hubby. His friend from his gaming forum evacuated to our city and talked with him today and mentioned.
And you are not going to believe this .... we need to be back by next Wednesday because we only left enough food for the cats for that long. Can you believe that?! They left their cats to fend for themselves in a hurricane!!!!!!!some people :x :tizzy: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :-| :tantrum:
Desiree Witt
It’s not not IF you will recover but WHEN you will.
You can NEVER have too many cross stitch patterns! :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Well!

(I mean, what else can you say about people like that?)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

!!!!!!!!!!!
Some people need to be ripped limb from limb. If it's not safe enough for you, it cannot be safe enough for any of the rest of the family, whether four legged or two. It is an absolute outrage.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

:tantrum: Arrghh :tantrum:

There are no words that I could put here to describe these people!

Some people do not deserve to have furry companions.

I hope the :kitty: :kitty: are safe, and I hope they take their revenge as a dish best served cold - like in the middle of the night when their human's toes are exposed.

Some people!!!!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

That’s disgraceful. And it should be illegal. Unfortunately many people who are without vehicles and have to evacuate are not allowed to bring animals. Something should be done about that too. But to those that do have their own transport, there is no excuse. :tantrum:
Linda
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Oh what a horrible thing to have happened. I hope the poor kitties have survived ok.

WIPS
Kuschelschaf

Post by Kuschelschaf »

mauveme wrote:That’s disgraceful. And it should be illegal. Unfortunately many people who are without vehicles and have to evacuate are not allowed to bring animals. Something should be done about that too. But to those that do have their own transport, there is no excuse. :tantrum:
Agreed. My husband and I got into an argument because he didn't want to deal with 2 cats that probably would go to the bathroom in the carrier for a 9 hour ride. I made sure he knew Darth Kitty and Radar were members of my family and I would be devastated if something happened to them or if they ran out of food or water. They're my cats and I wasn't going to leave without them. Especially since we had no idea when we would return.

We are heading back home on Thursday, so hopefully the road we take will be open again.
Visit my new blog HERE

2019 finishes:
Mr. Sparkle
The North Wind
Nessie

On permanent hiatus:
Ferret in Sepia
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Travelling mercies for Thursday to you and hubby plus cats of course.

It really is a terrible event and I hope that all our friends who evacuated find everything intact when they get home again. :whoop:

WIPS
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Hope you find all is well at your home. Safe trip.
Linda
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Kuschelschaf, I do hope all is well when you return.

Depending on the cat's personality, having them loose in the vehicle can be either no problem or a nightmare. We had one cat, a tabby called Jack, who broke out of a cat carrier when in our van and went completely loopy, running round and round the van while we were driving. For a while it felt as if he was doing a 'Wall of Death' stunt round the windows, then he tried to hide under the brake, clutch & throttle pedals. We had to come to a halt and put him back in the carrier. Climbing over the front seats into the back of the van after the cat was not my idea of fun - given the panicked state he was in, I couldn't risk opening a door to go from front to back of the van to get him.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Oh my I just typed a long post and it disappeared. So y'all are lucky to be spared all my ramblings. Most important is:

1. Kuschelschaf I hope that you find your home undamaged. I know I was lucky because we missed a monster and I'm not very far from you. I am so glad that you, your DH and your kitties are safe. Can't say what I think about people leaving pets.

2. Got home safely Monday morning. Actually had what I have heard being called a hurrication since we spent time with my son and family and since we don't see them often it was good, once the anxiety over home was reduced.

3. My AWOL MIA stitchy bug was waiting for me at the front door and after giving him a big hug and then a real scolding, we started stitching again and OMG it felt wonderful. This was the longest dry spell I can remember going through but hopefully will be the last.

4. Now on to important things like Stashmas!!!!

5. Thank you all for all your kind thoughts and prayers. And lets keep those people in North Carolina in our hearts and prayers also. They are in for a long recovery I think.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Carole, good to hear you are safe and have your stitchy bug back!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Great news that you are home safe and sound and no damage either.

Best of all is the news that your stitchy bug was waiting for you to get home . HURRAY. :balloons: :balloons:

WIPS
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Squirrel wrote: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop: Great news that you are home safe and sound and no damage either.

Best of all is the news that your stitchy bug was waiting for you to get home . HURRAY. :balloons: :balloons:
I totally agree!! Welcome home and so very glad your stitchy bug was there to welcome you too!! :dance: :dance: :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs