Douglas Fir tree 5/7

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

crosstitcher1

Douglas Fir tree 5/7

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Hey Guys and Gals,
GBU all2. Happy "belated" 2019 to all.
Our youngest daughter got married Oct. 13, 2017. Yep. Fri. 13th. :roll: :doh: :roll: :doh:
Anyway, I will be starting my afghans for the family, 8 total, in 2020, and theirs are butterflies, for her, with "hopefully" a Douglas Fir tree, 5x7, in the center, for him, as he is from Oregon and its their "state tree". I have the butterflies, but am looking for the Douglas Fir, which I think would fit "perfectly" in the "center square". :wink:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeanie
Squirrel

Re: Douglas Fir tree 5/7

Post by Squirrel »

That sounds like a great design Jeanie, sadly I don't have a chart of any sort of fir tree but I am sure that someone will come up where you can look for one. Have you tried "googling Douglas fir tree cross stitch" as it is a state emblem there could well be some charts around. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

I don’t have a fir tree, but The Victoria Sampler has hearts for each state. I’ve done the Oregon one and it’s cute. Maybe you could use that in the center square.

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
crosstitcher1

Post by crosstitcher1 »

Sure will try that one. Thank you. I have been, over the last 3 hours, pouring over the internet and my going thru my "stash for "any" cross stitching designs for Oregon and even "saved" on my computer Oregon's homepage, so I was "hoping" to find "anything" of their state symbols, state bird, meadowlark, animal, beaver, insect, flower, Oregon grape, and haven't found anything.
Who is this pamphlet? with? Maybe I'll be able to find it at my Hobby Lobby.
Wished my cross stitching store owners hadn't retired in 2017. They had 10 filing cabinets "full of" individual stuff. Oldest and youngest grand daughters found their "stuff" for their afghans in those filing cabinets. Oldest will have "wild life" birds, no meadowlarks in it, :roll: :cry: and youngest found her cats. Thanks again.
GBU all.

Jeanie
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hobby Lobby won’t have it. I bought mine from 123stitch, but some LNS’s might have the individual kit.

https://www.123stitch.com/item/Victoria ... tern/VS170" target="_blank" target="_blank
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends