I am A Newbie!!

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

MaxismyCat2018

I am A Newbie!!

Post by MaxismyCat2018 »

:) Hello My name is heather and I live in Melbourne. Victoria. austeralia. I am 67yrs of age and some days I feel It !! He!! He!! I have a great love of Egyptian Cross Stitch. I also love Native American and Houses especially Early Victorian ones. n Also I love Candle wicking and am doing two bed covers as well!! I am the proud owner a 6 month Kitten called Max who has brought a lot of laughter to our home!! I am married to Ray now for nearly 39yrs. I have one son Michael who lives withhis partner not far away from us. He is a melbourne Tram Driver and enjoys it very much!! looking forward to getting in touch with fellow Cross Stitchers!! regards Heathr J
rcperryls

Re: I am A Newbie!!

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I am looking forward to seeing your projects. Many of our members are involved in more than one craft and one of our sections is devoted to them. I would encourage you to check it out.

I imagine that Max is a tremendous help when you are stitching. I remember when mine was 6 mts old, even though that was 19 years ago. She still finds it important to provide feline supervision. Speaking of which, she just showed up to proofread my post. And to let me know her supper is late. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hi Heather :wave: and Welcome from stuffy Brisbane, I think our lovely cool change you kindly sent up to us is over and its back to the usual 30+++ again - drat it.
So glad you and Hubby Ray along with Max are still enjoying some of the coolness - or so my DIL says just a while ago. They are out in Mooroolbark.

What part of Melbourne are you living in? I have invited myself down there for a week at the end of March as I need to get some supplies which are almost either non existent or a heck of a drive to get to up here.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work. :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Hello and welcome :wave: I am looking forward to seeing some of your work :)
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome to the forum from the rather grey and too-warm-for-February West of Scotland! :wave: Glad you found us, and I hope you have a look around to see what's on the site. Like our own virtual pub -- the Stash & Grab -- where you can order anything your heart desires at any time of day or night and there are no calories or unfortunate side effects. Perfect! I suspect there's (still) a party going on there! :D
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome Heather, enjoy your time here!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Hello :wave: from an unseasonably warm north Wales.

Welcome to our happy corner of the internet.

We love :camera: , and we'd love to see photos of your work.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

MaxismyCat2018

Post by MaxismyCat2018 »

Hello Everyone. Many Thanks for a very warm welcome. Thank you Carole, Squirrel, Vanessa, Serinde, Mabel, Garnet, karen4Bells. Once I figyre out how to insert Pictures I shall post some pics of my lovely Kitten Max. My Egyptian work so far consists of 14 Egtyptian Gods. it is 5ft 11ins long(Awaiting Framing). Tutankhamun and Nefertiti which I intend to frame myself.At present I am going to do anothr Egyptian one on 18cnt Aida which will be about 18ins by 20ins?? Aso I have another one called "The Woman In Gold" which I was inspired to doafter seeing the wonderful film starring Helen Mirren. Are we allowed tio swap patterns with each other as I have heaps thast I can send etc? :D I live in Mill Park a Northern Suburb on Melbourne. We have been living down here in Melbourne since December 2017 after living in Brisbane for nearly 9 years. We moved back tomelbourne to be closer to our Michale our Son and his partnere Dan. They both ive in Mernda, another Norther Suburb.. Once again Many Thanks for a warm wlcome!!Heather J
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:wave: Welcome from me too in SW France!

You can swap patterns as LONG AS THEY ARE THE ORIGINAL AND NOT A COPY.

I'm sure that Serinde and Carole can give you all the info need about copyright and exchange of charts. :D

Meanwhile you can look at this very useful info

https://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewto ... f=2&t=1060" target="_blank
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

MaxismyCat2018 wrote: My Egyptian work so far consists of 14 Egtyptian Gods. it is 5ft 11ins long(Awaiting Framing).
That wouldn't be "The Gods of Egypt" by Mary Hickmott by any chance? I stitched her design, and it was great fun and very effective.
wendywombat wrote:
You can swap patterns as LONG AS THEY ARE THE ORIGINAL AND NOT A COPY.

I'm sure that Serinde and Carole can give you all the info need about copyright and exchange of charts. :D

Meanwhile you can look at this very useful info

https://www.crossstitchforum.com/viewto ... f=2&t=1060" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
WendyWombat is exactly right. Swap away, but remember you cannot keep a copy of the original OR send a photocopy to others. We've had a couple of discussions about copyright on the forum over the years, and it's a very difficult subject (made more so by different rules in different places and the fact that none of us are copyright lawyers). This forum is situated in the UK, of course, but we always err on the side of caution. If you are at all worried, pm me or any of the other Mods for guidance. We're here to help! :D (And drink :tea: in the Stash & Grab...)
Coffee-n-Cupcakes

Post by Coffee-n-Cupcakes »

Hello and welcome!! I have a doggie named Maxx!!
I also dabble in multiple crafts and am always wanting to learn new ones..next on my list is quilling!
:coffee: :cake:
Sarah38

Post by Sarah38 »

Hi, everyone. I am new here and willing to friend of everyone. Thank you for your warm welcome. I hope to get your support for further. :) :)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome Sarah :wave: - what do you enjoy stitching?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page