2019 Stash & Grab

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Jilly

Re: 2019 Stash & Grab

Post by Jilly »

Hi Carole :wave:
Great to meet you too! :)
I am hoping that I can encourage my stitchy mojo to get up and boogie again :dance: It will have to share me with knitting and crochet as well though :)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Perhaps you could stitch wildlife :-) ?
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

The wildlife tends to squiggle about when you stick needles in it :wink:

My goal is to finish 'Billy' A large Dimensions design. Real title - Gift Of The Eagle Feather. Been neglected for many many years.
Mabel Figworthy

Beschuit met muisjes (rusk with sugar-coated aniseeds) all round - this morning DH and I became the grandparents of Teddy Jonah :-)

WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, boy! Lots to celebrate!

JILLY!!! :snoopy: has returned!

And if that's not enough, :stork: Teddy Jonah has arrived. :stork: :balloons:

Do you know, I'm thinking that we might just need to have a party. :thinks: :dance:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Serinde wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:27 pm Oh, boy! Lots to celebrate!

JILLY!!! :snoopy: has returned!

And if that's not enough, :stork: Teddy Jonah has arrived. :stork: :balloons:

Do you know, I'm thinking that we might just need to have a party. :thinks: :dance:
:whoop: :whoop: :toast: :toast: :cake: :wine: :choc: :icecream: :balloons: :partyhat: :partyhat: :whoop: :whoop:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Welcome to Teddy Jonah! :stork: :whoop:

Hi Serinde! :wavesback: :whoop: :balloons: :toast:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Welcome back Jilly and welcome to the world Teddy Jonah :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

HannahM

Post by HannahM »

I''ll join in the party although I am a little bit late. Celebrations are always good.

I came in here to ask if anyone would like to join me for a drink or 3. I still seem to be doing everything wrong craft wise but am determined I AM going to do them PROPERLY in future!!

Even messed up knitting I was doing for charity. as well as the x stitch ones I messed up this year. I have been asked if I will knit things for Salvation Army charity although I am not a Salvationist. (Sorry if that is wrong word,don't wan tot offend anyone) The more they get the more people they can help. I can knit what I like but they particularly like a few baby clothes as many young women with babies needing help. They have one lady who has been knitting for them for a few years but would like more items as hand knitted baby clothes go out fast. At this time of year also children & adult's winter hats & scarves are needed. Anyway enough of that, bottom line is I messed up yet again. So, thought I would co me in here have a few bevvies & then get back to my normal stitchy & knitting self.

Decided to do Margaret Sherry small things to get my concentration back. I do not want to mess up any big things. Also MS charts make me smile :D :D so I will be happy working those.

Hoping a spell in the Stash & Grab will mean that Normal Service will be resumed.

BTW Have bought 2 more kits!! Tiger & leopard. will put those on Stash & Acquisitions later. And, I have just seen Mabel's most gorgeous butterfly
that will be top of my list of Things I Would Like To Do. That will give me something to aim for. That is stunning to say the least.
Hannah :)
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Will be happy to join you for a drink!!! And it sounds like you have a good plan for working on different crafts. Looking forward to seeing them.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It's Friday night, after a long, but successful, day. One potato bed harvested (not too bad, thanks for asking) and DH has replaced the wooden surrounds so it should be fit for use for the next 5 or 6 years. One chapter (work) finished and sent off. AND :horn: :horn: news that I ought to be getting paid for that previous book! :dance: (There's a story there, but I'll perhaps tell you once the money's in the bank.) Defo time for a little beverage! :toast:

Oh, and congrats to every single person out on the streets for the climate strike today. A whole 24 hours of it all around the world. Fab.
Mabel Figworthy

Proost Serinde - what a productive day you've had!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

I'm a bit late, but Friday sounds like a thoroughly productive day in more ways than one :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

There is a wee dram or three behind the counter for you, or :wine: if you'd prefer.

Well done too on not giving up/in with the payment for the book :dance:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I will join you in that drink (or two). Just got almost finished with a major bathroom renovation. Had a way too wide and too deep tub/shower replaced with a walk in shower. It is beautiful. I didn't do the work (I am lucky if I can unscrew something or get a nail in the wall without damaging my thumb or the wall). The men who did the work were fantastic but Rosey was not happy at all with so many strangers around, making loud noises and having to stay in her room with the door closed. I spent most of the time with her in the room and she only wanted me to sit on the couch so she could stay smashed against me. Wasn't even okay with my moving two feet to sit at the desk and type on the computer (which is why I haven't been on the forum much since I much rather use the computer than my iPad if I'm doing lots of typing. Like this). Still have some work to do as we are waiting for the flooring to arrive.
Going to much safer and cleaner than what I had. And to be honest when the workers left and I could let Rosey out of the room (same room she wouldn't leave for 6 weeks, but the door was open then) I didn't want to go back and sit in here either.

Lots to catch up on (read lots but didn't reply much) but I think hanging around here for a while sounds delightful.

Great news about you getting your money finally Serinde!!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hope that bathroom is done by now, Carole?

I'm here for a :tea: . Been editing all afternoon and my brain hurts!
Mabel Figworthy

Let's have a Walk-In Shower Party! (Can you have a Shower Shower?)
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Mabel, you should know by now, surely, that at the Stash & Grab, we can do anything we like! :lol:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Yes!!!!!!! My bathroom is renovated. Took longer (of course) than expected because the stupid tub which the previous owners had put in had some crazy plumbing that had to be repiped which meant everything else got delayed and I got to spend 4 instead of 2 days in a locked room with a mad black panther. The room she wouldn't leave for 6 weeks, became the room she wanted out of. Would go nuts if I moved from the couch to the computer. Anyway, it's beautiful. Got really finished yesterday when the painter finished up. I love it and it is so much safer. I have to post the pic to postimage and then I'll post it here. Today hopefully.

Any and all are welcome to come see it and if you make the trip over the pond I'll let you even take a shower in it.

Carole
:lol:

Here it is:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Mabel Figworthy

Beautiful!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs