Returning to the fold

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sojourner

Returning to the fold

Post by Sojourner »

Hello everyone, a few years since I last posted, though I've been stitching away madly ever since. Just haven't had a PC/been on line, but now back on the net. Gosh, what changes. Sewandso, my favourite suppliers taken over with much reduced catalogue, thank goodness this forum is still active.
So, I'm still increasing my stash - finish one project and 3 more added to the list! Currently about halfway through a Sajou Bayeux tapestry pattern, more work than I originally thought, as loads of backstitch outlining. Also started Cross stitch Collectibles "Guernika", which I saw on last visit to Madrid Reina Sofia museum gallery - 171,000 stitches, mostly quite drab colours, so will have to be a bit at a time. I did manage to post some photos before, but I see Photobucket is no longer FOC, or have I got that wrong? Up to date info on posting pics, please.
Do you still have the Xmas stashmas exchange? Edit. Yes, I see you do.
Well, looking forward to engaging with all you experts, now back to a bit more on the Bayeux.
ATB Soj.
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
Serinde

Re: Returning to the fold

Post by Serinde »

Hey there Sojourner! Great to see you back, and as stashaholic-y as ever. Whew! It's not just me then. :lol:
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Welcome Back and so good to hear from you. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

As for photo posting, you are correct Photobucket now charge so most of us have gone over to pstimage.org. It is very easy to use and much quicker than PB I have discovered. :) Looking forward to seeing your progress on your current WIP's.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome back :wave:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Good to see you! I'm going to try and be here more often too. Glad we're all stashing beyond life expectancy. :)
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Well, with the huge cross stitch stash, plus surface embroidery, plus modelmaking: about 40 Micromodels miniature paper models, 3 "O" gauge loco kits,3 mega ship building kits, the Bayeux original stitch kit,2 ukuleles to finish, and a shetland lace scarf to start, I do have about 50 years work ahead, which means I've either got to speed up a bit, or need to live till about 120!!!!!
Plus, hints to DW about possible Xmas kits.....Can empathise with Imelda Marcos' shoe stash now. :whoop:
But, keeps the grey cells active.
I cry to see the youth of today glued to their cell phones, Facebook etc - how many people, of any age, actually create something in their spare time today?
Rant over :D
Soj
Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Squirrel wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:12 am Welcome Back and so good to hear from you. :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:

As for photo posting, you are correct Photobucket now charge so most of us have gone over to pstimage.org. It is very easy to use and much quicker than PB I have discovered. :) Looking forward to seeing your progress on your current WIP's.
Many thanks for the info, will persevere with the pics :roll:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Welcome back!! It is really good to see you again and to hear that you have been busy stitching (and other crafting as well) and have continued increasing your stash. I have pretty well calculated that I will have to live about another 50 or so years (which means reach at least 121 y.o.) with my fingers and head in reasonably good shape to get current projects completed (assuming I stop adding to my SABLE).

I hope that you saw Linda's reply to your question about using PostImage. I really like using it and find it pretty easy. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker