Instructions?

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Kittie

Instructions?

Post by Kittie »

Recently received Thomas Kinkade 's "A New Day" castle cross stitch as a gift. I have pattern chart, color chart, but the instructions are not there. Does anyone know if there are any special instructions for this? (Backstitching info, special stitches, etc) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Instructions?

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hello Kittie! As people have said in the Welcome thread, as long as you have the chart and the colour code (which symbol is which colour) you're good to go! Most people I think prefer starting in the middle of the design (partly because if you find the middle of the fabric, and the middle of the design, an put he two together it means you won't run out of fabric on any of the edges :-) ) but even that is not a hard and fast rule, and quite a few stitchers who stitch HAED charts (fully covered enormous "painting" in cross stitch) start in the top left corner, or wherever they feel comfortable.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Kittie

Post by Kittie »

Thanks for your response,just making sure I'm not missing any major instruction before I dive into this massive project.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I did a small Kincaid a few years ago and I don’t recall there being any special instructions. If you have the cover picture, that can help you figure out if there is anything special you have to do. I hope you’ll share your progress with us.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends