Looking for: Forget me not border

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Caj

Looking for: Forget me not border

Post by Caj »

I’ve found the perfect design for a project, but I can’t access the website which has the free pattern. The design is on Pinterest. It’s called a Victorian Forget Me Not cross stitch border. It’s simple, but elegant. The website is listed as www.Free-Cross-Sitich-Patterns.net

Any suggestions on how to find this pattern? I tried to attach a pic, but I’ll need to work on that😊
Thx!
Caj
rcperryls

Re: Looking for: Forget me not border

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hello Caj and welcome to the forum from South Carolina. That website you've listed doesn't seem to be there anymore. I am not terribly familiar with Pinterest so I can't help you find it there. One of the problems with some of the free patterns on the web, and I am not suggesting that that is why the website or the pattern has been taken down, is that there are quite a few charts on the web that don't adhere to copyright laws. People will post copies of charts and designs to share with others for free which they have received or purchased but have been copyrighted by the designer. It has become a real problem for designers. I don't know that is the case in this instance, and it may just be that you have gotten the website address wrong. Are you just looking for a border? Could it be from a Sampler design? Then I would think you need to look for the whole sampler? Someone on the forum may be able to help you search or may be familiar with the design.

What other types of projects do you like to do?

Carole
:)
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Hi Can, and welcome from the West of Scotland. :wave:

Do you mean the wavy stitch one, which suggests it is a "free pattern"? I can't access that url either: www.free-cross-stitch-patterns.net. I did type it out this way: free.cross.stitch.patterns.net and got a "domain for sale" sort of reply. I suspect you'll not find it now, unfortunately.
Caj

Post by Caj »

Thank you for your replies. I will keep looking - if it's a copyright issue, I'm hoping to find the designer so I can download the pattern.
Caj