Stashmas 2020

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Sojourner

Stashmas 2020

Post by Sojourner »

Well, the latest news here in UK is Christmas as we know it looks unlikely this year, with only small gatherings allowed - but, it must be time for Stashmas?? Or, have I missed something by not attending to the forum as I should do for the last few months? Still have some issues with Le Cafard.
Anyway, if Stashmas is going ahead, include me in!
S
The Bayeux panel is complete, but can't seem to get the pics onto the forum, via Postimage, but probably my lack of practice. Will try again.
WIP: Van Gogh "Fishing Boats", Another Bayeux scene
Serinde

Re: Stashmas 2020

Post by Serinde »

It does seem that the Grinch is trying mighty hard to steal Christmas this year. Your Mods are talking about Stashmas, so watch this space. :D
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Serinde I fear you may be too late for some of us to get a gift to another part of the world in time. Package/parcel post to the UK closed on 9th September.
As a guide A letter I sent Helene (UK) took 5 weeks to get there and 1 from her to me took 3 weeks.
There are very few aeroplanes flying these days due to closed borders etc hence the backlog. Add to that parcel post has multiplied hugely since the onset of this dratted Virus due to people buying online rather than being able to get to the shops.!!!! The world has changed.

I leave it in your capable hands dear Mods.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Parcels we've sent to the US (from the UK) in the past six months have taken up to 5 weeks (and in one extraordinary case, 5 months) so yes, it may be a challenge getting things to our Stashmas recipients in good time :-( . One option is to send only within continents, as it were, but that is not quite as much fun. Wishing the Mods a lot of wisdom and good sense on this one!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Sorry, I put a post in a wrong place. :ratherbe:
Lyudmila