2020 Stash & Grab (our virtual pub)

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2020 Stash & Grab (our virtual pub)

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Proud moment posing for the tutor with mounted embroidery :-)

Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

This happy and proud moment is well worth all the time and effort which resulted in such a beautiful work! :applesauce:
Lyudmila
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You have every right to be proud — what a wonderful job you’ve made of the finishing. :applesauce: :applesauce:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

That picture says it all! :whoop: :applesauce: :stars:
Just wonderful. :dance:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I was going to quote all of the above posts because each one is so very very true! Instead I'll just say that you have every right to be incredibly proud of your beautiful achievement!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I think, seeing as it's Friday (is TGIF still a thing in the real world?), we should also salute Mabel's achievements in a liquid fashion of your choice. :toast:
Mabel Figworthy

oooh, hot choc and marshmallows please! (Frothed up to look like bubbly :-) )
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Vanilla Latte with plenty of whipped cream. TGIF is always something to be celebrated, even for old retirees like me! And on top of that is celebrating Mabel's wonderful accomplishment !!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Most impressive Mabel.
For some reason I imagined it being about half that size. It's impact is even greater seeing it at true scale.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Mabel Figworthy

Thank you all, it does feel like a milestone!

Richard, this is by far the biggest thing I have ever stitched in my life :-) - only the larger of the two SAL trees comes anywhere close.
Fortunately the next threee modules are all much smaller, A5 for goldwork and canvaswork and about half that for silk shading, so much more my sort of dimensions.
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Whoever stitched and "made tight" that flower picture, she is a true master stitcher! I could never make anything like that. Maybe I could stitch, but the "pull it tight" part is a true pro's thing. I am glad my Local Framing Man knows how to "pull it tight" just the way it is meant to do.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Mabel Figworthy

MysteryStitcher thank you for your kind words - mounting it and getting it nice and flat was definitely one of the most challenging parts!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
mysterystitcher

This week has been…well, I do not say crazy, but I have been through enough of events in 2 days.

Every week I visit in a place I call Sakura. There has been this rule of washing hands for weeks. This week a new rule arrived. You must wear a mask! I thought, ’If one must do it, one must do it.’ I put the mask on. Sakura’s staff must wear masks and so do the customers. So I put the mask on and let the staff check if it is right (I never learn to wear a mask, I know it. My Dad was and is a retired dentist, who still works at times (some 'you can earn this much although you are retired' - rule, do not ask, I can't explain it) but I am a daughter of a dentist, not even a mouth hygienist).
I have worn a mask today and yesterday, and my breathing went just fine!!!!!!! I did not become pale or faint! And Sakura’s staff would have noticed if that had happened. They are that much health pros.
So knitting kept going, and we played Kimble and another game I can’t describe in English, and my breathing was just fine. I even rushed into the kitchen my mask on for a while, and I rushed back my mask on, and nothing bad happened. I stayed on my feet.
Now I am at home. I do not wear a mask here. I wear it only if it is 100 % necessary. In Sakura it is, so I wear it when I am there. No symptoms, though.
What has all this to do with you? Well... I decided to be "selfish" and order 1 big cup of hot chocolate and 1 slice of your famous, eggless buttermilk cake and snuggle on the couch near the window of the terrace, so that I can see where I push my needle when I stitch.

mysterystitcher

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:37 am MysteryStitcher thank you for your kind words - mounting it and getting it nice and flat was definitely one of the most challenging parts!
You succeeded! You have every right to be proud of yourself!

Sahari

Post by Sahari »

To Girl with a Pearl Earring: I'm late to the party, but oh my! The work is pristine. But of course it is. Congratulations. :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:

Now that I think of it, every time I see you, Mabel, there is a :kitty: in the picture!

Sahari
Last edited by Sahari on Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

mysterystitcher wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:45 pm Well... I decided to be "selfish" and order 1 big cup of hot chocolate and 1 slice of your famous, eggless buttermilk cake and snuggle on the couch near the window of the terrace, so that I can see where I push my needle when I stitch.
And you deserve it, totally. How very interesting about the mask! And what a relief for you, too, I should think -- does this give you more confidence to go out and about? I do hope so.
mysterystitcher

Well, maybe it does. I am an asthma patient, so I must be super careful. In case I get a warning from my phone I must know where I have been and who I have met. That is the reason I keep my "public life" pretty much on the level "if one must do it, I do it, but the rest of the time I stay at home".
I just came from an insurance company. They just checked out some insurance things with me. No need to pay anything for either side. That means I do not need to pay anything for them, and they don't need to pay anything for me. But the masks were in the picture again. I am happy that woman could help me with that mask thing. I always put it on wrong and those who know must correct me. :( It is sad the mask never goes right, when I put it on. But I am not a health professional. I am just one asthma patient, who must wear a mask everywhere. Okay, not quite everywhere, but this town sure has tightened the rules! Even the local gas station said one must wear a mask! And I have a feeling local shops will have that rule soon too, unless they have it by now. So I may have to take that mask package away from the festivity bag and put it into my everyday bag where my knitting project is. I think I take another slice of that cake and another cup of hot chocolate.
Last edited by mysterystitcher on Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You just help yourself. Have cake for lunch. Why not?

We have to wear masks here in Scotland everywhere inside, without exception. In a cafe, it's only while sitting down you can take them off. One gets used to it, after a while, but I'm always glad to take it off, of course. A good pal of mine is asthmatic, and when I get fed up with all the rules, I remember I'm doing this for her (and you), and hope (as I'm an old lady) someone is wearing theirs for me. :king: :dance:
mysterystitcher

Scotland? I thought you live in the US! But you live in Europe! *shakes her head* The world is small indeed. And the mask thing... I do not wonder. The numbers keep climbing every day, at least in Finland, although in my country the worst cases are in Southern Finland.
Thanks for the cake! That was tasty indeed! I love that buttermilk cake! It is so delicious! I also like creamy salmon soup. It is one of my absolute favorite foods. Egglessness is one big factor. I also like to eat fish. Almost every fish food is to my liking, except sandwich cake. That is not to my liking. Must be the mayonnaise and egg things.

wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Well after most of today unloading the van and unpacking boxes it's time for a soothing wee dram in the S&G .
We still have more boxes to unload including my stitching stuff. :tizzy: but the end is in sight.
Gosh it's good to be back in Scotland, and here too. Not yet got my computer but all well and we are fine.
So, drinks are on me this evening...what ever takes your fancy from the huge range available. :toast: :coffee: hot chocolate with all the trimmings and freshly squeezed fruit juices.
Indulge yourselves, please.
:whoop: