2021 Stashmas Card Exchange List posted

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2021 Stashmas Card Exchange List posted

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Doesn't it look lovely and wintry!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Roland

Post by Roland »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:47 am Doesn't it look lovely and wintry!
It looks like a snowflake.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

A beautiful card indeed! A Mabel design + a Serinde stitched card = An absolutely perfect Christmas/Stashmas card :wub:

For all who participated this year, IMHO this was the best Stashmas ever, and the easiest to "organize". All cards sent and all cards received!!!!! No one disappeared off the list! I actually loved it more than the gift giving. I am already willing to vote that this becomes our annual Stashmas event, but will put that decision off till next year when we can really flood the international and national postal services.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:23 pm A beautiful card indeed! A Mabel design + a Serinde stitched card = An absolutely perfect Christmas/Stashmas card :wub:

For all who participated this year, IMHO this was the best Stashmas ever, and the easiest to "organize". All cards sent and all cards received!!!!! No one disappeared off the list! I actually loved it more than the gift giving. I am already willing to vote that this becomes our annual Stashmas event, but will put that decision off till next year when we can really flood the international and national postal services.

Carole
:wub:
Great Idea Carole. :whoop: :applesauce: :applesauce:

I missed out this year because of moving house, but I would love to join in Next Year!! 8)
fccs

Post by fccs »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:16 pm This lovely Christmas lamb from Debbie arrived this morning, and I love it to bits - it's a beautiful message wrapped in a beautiful piece of stitching (and I've learnt about some new hand-dyed threads at the same time...). Thank you so much Debbie, it is gracing the top of our pianola (our "display space" in the living room) as I type!

I'm so glad you like it. I have to admit I was somewhat intimidated to be stitching something for you, but I was pleased with the result.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

Serinde wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:28 pm Oh, Richard! I am so honoured that you went to such trouble to create this beautiful piece of my namesake, Serindë. It is a perfect Stashmas card! My 2022 resolution shall be to live up to her (albeit fictional) example. Thank you so, so much. The photo doesn't do it justice, particularly with the subtle backstitching. I will get a good photo for you. (And I love pens, too.)
Wow, that's truly a work of art.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

Everyone's cards are beautiful, and how fun it was to see the different styles.

And Carole, thank you so much for organizing the card exchange. I've always loved Stashmas, but there was something even more fun and exciting about the card exchange. I would not mind at all making this our annual Stashmas celebration. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I agree, Debby. It's been a great success, and perhaps if we do it again next year, more members will be involved, now that they know how it works. :dance: :snowman:
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

I agree too! Beautiful cards made by everyone and really enjoyed it! I posted a photo of the card I sent to Carole on the Bothy Threads group on Facebook and there were several people asking how they could join in themselves so hopefully we get a couple of new members on the forum and they join in next year! :dance:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'