Bah Humbug

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Bah Humbug

Post by wendywombat »

We've put the car into the garage and intend to spend the day hiding away...probably watching all the Ice Age Movies!! @rotfl:

Happy Festivities Everyone see you when the Tinsel Days are over!

:toast: :toast:
rcperryls

Re: Bah Humbug

Post by rcperryls »

WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

I'm with you Wendy. I had my family visit yesterday from my parents - they are still not doing Lateral flow tests and seem to think face masks are for keeping your neck warm :doh: . My (one jab 5 months ago) Sister and her (only just had his first jab earlier this week) 18 year old son will be visiting our parents tomorrow.... I still have not forgiven Sis for breaking the lockdown rules last year to visit our elderly unvaccinated parents and lets not get on her continuing reluctance to have her second jab... As you can imagine any family discussions are likely involve Covid and will rapidly get heated/cause bad feeling so am playing safe with the covid risk card again and staying home alone :)

So my Xmas day will be feeding my birdies :wub:, a nice roaring log fire, all the time I could want to do my cross stitch and meals with the usual constant stream of phone calls just when you are doing a tricky bit :doh:

Merry Christmas and lets hope for a better new year :toast:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

It'll be just the two of us for Christmas Day, with Youngest here on Boxing Day and hopefully Eldest & DIL & grandson and Youngest here to open presents on Tuesday (Eldest and family are flying back from Sri Lanka today and will have to wait until their PCRs come back negative). But we don't mind a quiet Christmas,with a walk and possibly (if I can convince DH of the necessity) watch White Christmas :-) !

A very blessed Christmas to those who celebrate that particular occasion, and best wishes for the Festive Season to all who celebrate other occasions (or choose not to celebrate at all, of course)
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Quiet here, too. Just myself, DH and Elder and Younger Son, who is the author of tomorrow's feast (I'm chief bottle washer). However, I do have tins full of cookies, so if you fancy a coffee, tea or mulled wine, they are on the bar at the Stash & Grab. Fire's been lit, all the animals are bedded down, so it's a lovely restful place. :D
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Completely contrary to expectations, FIL was not kicked out of hospital yesterday. With MIL in COVID isolation in a recouperation home, we won't have the parents-in-law around for the first time since the kids were born 24 years ago.

We are finding it terribly difficult getting through to either, with it taking 45 minutes+ to get the phone answered. Net result is, we really have virtually no idea when to expect either to become our problem again. Just know we are clear this morning. Probably.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Richard, take this day as the gift it is, savour it and regather your strength. Have a very peaceful Christmas.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Serinde wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:15 am Richard, take this day as the gift it is, savour it and regather your strength. Have a very peaceful Christmas.
Hear hear!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel Figworthy wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:21 pm
Serinde wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:15 am Richard, take this day as the gift it is, savour it and regather your strength. Have a very peaceful Christmas.
Hear hear!
I agree completely! Enjoy today.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker