Decorations 2022

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Roland

Re: Decorations 2022

Post by Roland »

What a lovely set.

My niece is coming to the city for Christmas and her mom has rented her a house for the week. When she arrives, she will be surprised with my mother’s nativity set, which I am passing on to her.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Mabel, that is a beautiful nativity set and a family heirloom for sure.

Roland, I am sure your niece is going to appreciate your passing her grandmother's nativity set on to her. I know my niece has a special love for some of the things my sister and I have given her that were my parents. Starting last night, the Hanukkah menorah that they used to light the candles for the first night of the holiday with my great nephew is the same one that we used growing up. It's a very simple one but very special.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

This year we've bought an LED replacement for a dead set of traditional lights. Someone decided in their wisdom to have 8 different modes to it, and now only one mode (the fifth) is restful enough to have on an indoor tree. The rest are flashy enough to induce headaches.

Now we have the tree up, Ozzie just happens to want to sit innocently at the bottom. He's not waiting to hit a bauble when no-one's looking, honest guv.

We discussed our favourite baubles, and it turns out plastic icicles happen to be Orianna's favourite, so I modelled some up to share. It appears I struck a chord, and a number of people have e-mailed me on another forum to say they're their favourite decoration too. Amazing.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Roland

Post by Roland »

My husband’s favourite are silver and clear icicles we have.
fccs

Post by fccs »

I’m at my son and DIL’s in Virginia and this ornament is one of many I’ve made for my son over the years. This one was 35 years ago, and the music “box” inside no longer plays “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” but it still gets hung in a place of honor. (The design was and still is perfect as our favorite baseball team is the Angels.)

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Roland

Post by Roland »

It’s very cute.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Those are the best ornaments to have. They come with special memories.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker