2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Re: 2023 St Cross Stitchers Hospital

Post by Serinde »

What an excellent result. Sounds like your lymph nodes were doing their job, surrounding and isolating that one outlier. I hope that the rest of the treatment goes smoothly with the inevitable side-effects tolerable and transient.

Dr TinyCat said you were a model patient, and thanks you for your comments. He also said that Rosey was right up to speed on the balance between looking after her sick human on the one hand and, on the other, getting you back on your feet in her own service, which can be a difficult thing for most felines. :D
Roland

Post by Roland »

Glad recovery is not extremely painful.

Hopefully side effects of whatever treatments you need are minimal too.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Thanks for the update. I’ve been thinking about you, and will continue to do so. Your attitude (and following step- mom’s wise words), plus your friends and family (blood and cross stitch), will get you through this.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I've been thinking about you, Carole and I hope that any further treatment gets underway ASAP. :hug:

So pleased that Nurse Rosey, the medical team and your friends are taking good care of you. :D
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and concerns. It really helps both in my mental state and I do believe in my physical recovery as well. I agree with Jo's advice that thinking about recovery and imagining cells working to repair themselves is helpful to the healing process. Certainly can't hurt. I also agree with Jo’s advice about treating myself and have been taking that to heart too. I am starting to get back to "healthier" food again, but do admit that treating myself to the richest ice creams rather than the "no sugar added" was a lot of fun.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

If not now, when? :wip:
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Absolutely!
A little of what you like does you good. [Not sure if 'A Lot of what you like does you better', but I suspect it doesn't work that way!]

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
fccs

Post by fccs »

rcperryls wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:57 pm I am starting to get back to "healthier" food again, but do admit that treating myself to the richest ice creams rather than the "no sugar added" was a lot of fun.

Carole
Your attitude will definitely help you get through this, and I’m thinking about and praying for you. And I’m also on Team Carole when it comes to sugar free ice creams. They just aren’t the same. My favorite ice cream is pretty much anything by Blue Bell. Yum! And my favorite time to eat ice cream is when it’s cold outside. I definitely eat more ice cream in the winter than in the summer. Now back to my bowl of oatmeal. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
mags

Post by mags »

Just wanted to say I am thinking of you Carole. :hug:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Again, thank you for all your kind thoughts and good wishes. Right now, I'm kind of in a in between place, with is very restful. Spoke with the Radiation Oncologist Tuesday. Waiting on some other test which will help the Medical Oncologist decide if and what type of chemotherapy I need or don't need. Pretty positive I will have a string of radiation treatments which is preferable to chemo. Saw the Surgeon on Wednesday. Healing good. Still some swelling but go back in 2 weeks. Have a week off from doctors next week (except the eye doctor for annual check). The best news the surgeon. She told me to remember that what we are doing now is to prevent a return of the cancer, that it is out of my body. So I need to slow down on the ice cream. I've gained 5 lbs (don't know what that is in kilos?) since this started.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The surgeon's news must lift your heart Carole, that really is wonderful!

But don't completely lay off the icecream - as Richard (I think) reminded you, a little of what you fancy does you good :icecream:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Steam.Jo

Post by Steam.Jo »

That sounds like everything is going as well as it can so far Carole :)

We all put on weight when we have to sit around not doing much recovering after surgery :roll:

Jo
Every day we can make a difference :)

WIP: TW Peacock Tapestry, TW Woodland Fairy, HEAD Seasons, TG Rome, Sunshine
fccs

Post by fccs »

Stress eating is a real thing, and once your life gets back to normal, so will you’re eating. And i agree with Mabel. Don’t completely give up the ice cream. Most of us, when told not to have something, eventually cave in and make up for lost time. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Wonderful news indeed! :whoop:
richardandtracy

Sorry for being quieter than usual. I've had 'flu since last Wednesday and have managed to infect the rest of the household. Haven't yet put a red cross on the front door, but it's only a matter of time.

Managed to read a few books - the tally is 18 so far - but stitching is entirely beyond me at the moment.

Will return when I can.

Regards,

Richard.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Oh poor you and household! Are you OK for shopping etc? Not really a helpful question as I can't do them for you in the Midlands but...
Perhaps the cats will have to step up and forage for you. Mouse fricassée anyone?
Seriously, I hope you all soon feel better and that it isn't one of those lingering viruses. And enjoy your chance to read while you have it!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

I hope you feel better soon and get well wishes to all in your household. It's bad having the flu and it's really bad when y'all get it. This time of year is filled with all kinds of diseases and having to spend most of our time indoors makes it easier for those nasty bugs to attack new prey.

Get the rest you need, drink lots of fluids and you can check in here and Dr Tiny Cat will take good care of you and will consult with your own felines to keep them updated.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
richardandtracy

Thanks. We're in the middle of a 2 week shopping cycle, so no lack of food. Last time anyone went out, we found the local shops bare of cough & cold remedies - we are far from alone in having it.

Regards,

Richard.
Roland

Post by Roland »

Richard, so sorry to hear you’re down with a flu.

I finally went in to my doctor over pain in my left hip area. He thinks it’s muscle. In which case staying off my feet and taking these prescriptions he gave me should help. However, he gave me a form to get x-rays done in case he’s wrong. And if it’s skeletal he will refer me to a surgeon. I am not enjoying that idea.
fccs

Post by fccs »

Richard, take care of you and the household. Flu germs are nasty little critters.

And Roland, here’s to hoping you have a muscle strain. Yeah, I never thought I’d be wishing that on someone.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends