coffee_freak's WIP

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

coffee_freak

coffee_freak's WIP

Post by coffee_freak »

I have made a new thread..all things have been put on hold so that I can do a very special project.
My very good friend has lost her mother.so far it appears she just went in her sleep.She was only 50 and no health problems.
I have chosen to do something for her and this is it.

I will also be away more due to the heavy heart I have..as I now live an hour away from her and am upset I can't be there with her...
I'll pop in from time to time in the next week or so..
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
K1nS

Re: coffee_freak's WIP

Post by K1nS »

Thats very nice of you coffee_freak, I am really sorry to hear about your friends loss :( Im sure she will really appretiate you doing this lovely project for her
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

This is a fantastic project to be doing. It will be very special and appreciated, I'm sure. I'm sorry to hear about her loss. It always make it harder when it is unexpected. Even though you can't physically be there for her, I know you are there for her when she needs to talk and that's the most important thing. Hugs to both of you! :hug: :hug:
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh C-F, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
It really is so upsetting when things like this happen. I lost my friend last year and she was only 43, just no age at all. It's devastating. It must hard for you to nt be with your friend in person, but I'm sure she knows how much you care and will really appreciate your support at this difficult time.
:hug: I really feel for you all over this.
Take care wont you.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Rose

Post by Rose »

That is so nice of you. What a sad happening. Prayers for your friend and also for you to get through this. :love: :hug:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

huge hugs to you and your friend

what a lovely and touching project :wub:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

well now i don't know what to think. she stopped by and I was stitching this..showed her..and all she could say was " i wouldn't hang something like that up..i mean..it's pretty..but..i wouldn't hang anything stitched on my wall..it's something you'd see an an old ladies house" and that was it. I was shocked..I don't know what to think..
cross stitching is me..so if she feels cross stitching is for " old ladies" and i'm only 32 (soon to be 33) but really? this is how she views me and my hobby?? lol

So i just folded it up and put it in my bag..I'm not stitching it for her...

I mean..I was just trying to do something nice..maybe it's just the sadness she's in right now..the sentiment behind it..got lost..idk.
But I won't be stitching this or anything for her..
So off to my Christmas stuff..

could this post be deleted??
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

thats soo sad!! stitching isnt for old ladies at all, *hugs* for you

if you edit the orginal post i think there is a check box to delete but im not sure, I know Rose can delete posts, not sure about threads though :thinks:
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

I'm sorry to hear that she replied that way! Our little hobby is not just for old women! My 30 year old husband (6'6" tall, 220 pounds, works in home repair/remodel) is sitting in his chair right now stitching a tiger for his sister. :hug: I'm sure you'll find a good home for it eventually. Enjoy your christmas stitching!
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

thanks everyone. i've known her for years..and not everyone hangs this type of stuff in their homes..she doesn't have anything hung actually.

i know she didn't mean it to be mean..i still <3 her..lol
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

You've got to remember C-F that you're both really going through it at the moment as well with the shock and everything. Emotions run high don't they.
Our tastes are all different (thats what makes it so interesting to look at each others projects, otherwise it would just be boring) and her taste just obviously doesn't run to this. I'm sure she'd be really upset if she thought she'd hurt you.
:hug: You take care.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

C_F I think that the sentiment behind what you where going to do is wonderful, and I think that she would appreciate it but at the moment as TB said you are both going through so much and she really didn't mean to be mean about it.

I'm sorry for your loss and think maybe you should carry on stitching it if not for her then for yourself as the lady obviously also meant alot to you and it maybe of help to you at this sad time.

:hug:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

yeah i'm sure she didn't mean it in a bad way..i understand.
i just stitched small lizzie kate freebies last night..christmas ones..
therapy of sorts.
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Stitching therapy is always a good idea. I'm sorry to hear both of your friend's loss and of her reaction to your kind thought. I'm just imagining the state I'd be in having just lost my mother without any obvious cause, and I fear I might well say something equally thoughtless and unintentionally unkind -- glad to hear you're sticking with her, that's exactly what she needs right now!
Even so, it's a bit of a shock to get that reaction, and I hope you'll soon feel better about it. (((hugs)))
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
jenele

Post by jenele »

Its sad when people dont appreciate the thought behind our hobby. When my Mom died,my sister came and took almost every one of her crosstitch projects .I was agahst as she never showed much interest before. Now She says that every holiday she takes them out and feels closer to mom. People behave strangely when they are in mourning. Save the piece because she may change her mind in time? Cheer up and keep on stitching!
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh CF it is sad that she lost the appreciation that you were trying to show her. It is ok that you have put it up. I am sure there will be someone to stitch it for later. We appreciate what you were feeling. :hug:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Jess03

Post by Jess03 »

Sorry to hear about your friend's loss.. :( Thats a lovely pattern, despite cross stitch not being one of her tastes, and was still thoughtful of you to want to stitch something for her :hug:
- Wren
Current Games
:Final Fantasy XIII: :The Sims 2:
My Blog!
Jelu's Cove

Updated: 3Mar10