Stitch diagrams

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Nachstenliebe

Re: Stitch diagrams

Post by Nachstenliebe »

I think Maud said it best.. as long as I can understand it.. that's what really counts... :wink: And I love that you took all the effort to put diagrams in your pieces.. When I did the Douglas I needed those diagrams!
Faith
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

I agree with the comments above.

Also, I think that the hand-drawn diagrams give it more of a "caring craftswoman" feel and make it more personal than a computer-generated one. They show that you are generally artistic (i.e. designing is only a part of your overall creativity) and the extra effort of drawing diagrams shows you are not taking shortcuts.

Like the others said, as long as they're clear I don't see a problem.
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Thanks for all the feedback -- I think the reason I worried was that when last year I approached New Stitches about my designs and advice about stitch diagrams part of the reply was:

"Charting is generally the easier thing to do - the stitch diagrams are another thing altogether which is why even some of the best charts and kits come with the most hideous, hand-scrawled diagrams!"

Which did not make me feel confident about doing hand-drawn diagrams, as you may imagine! But your feedback has made me feel much more comfortable with them, thank you :wub:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

I think by "hand-scrawled" they probably meant "messy and unintelligible", whereas your diagrams are clearly drawn and easily understood.

I'm sure there are plenty of designers out there who are good at making patterns, but can't draw for toffee (needless to say, you're not one of them! :lol: )
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest