Who are your favourite designers?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wtnlvr

Re: Who are your favourite designers?

Post by wtnlvr »

I have done a few Teresa Wentzler. My current dragon project (pic in another thread) is one of hers. I must say the ones I have done are very involved and require a very long time to complete. They are beautiful when finished though.
gparr

Post by gparr »

Thanks, Amanda. That gives me confidence to buy a kit. Unfortunately, I have to complete a few other projects first.
Gary
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

I have such a varied taste that I can't name favorite designers. I go on a pattern by pattern basis.
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I like the monochrome designs by Ink Circles although I don't have much time to stitch any nowadays :-(. I'd like to do one on very fine silk gauze one day.
Also Little House Needlework designs and others in that style.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
nachosmiley

Post by nachosmiley »

Ooo so many replies and some of them I haven't heard of before :dance: Thanks everyone, I will have to bookmark this thread so I can do some 'research' into new designers :wink:
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
ayna

Post by ayna »

Like some others I tend to be a bit of a magpie, choosing designs according to what appeals at the time rather than by the designer: however, if made to think about designers (as I have been as a result of this thread) I would say that among my favourites are Mary Hickmott (New Stitches magazine), Jane Greenoff (The Cross Stitch Guild), Eva Rosenstand (Denmark) and the late Thelma Murrish whose designs of the Cornish sea and landscape are still marketed by a shop in Penzance. I'm also becoming interested in reproduction antique samplers so am spending time browsing (when I should be stitching) the websites of The Scarlet Letter and The Historical Sampler Co.

Ooh, mustn't forget our Mabel although I've not made a lot of progress with the stitch along having begun well but then getting frustrated by the fact that I kept getting the counting wrong; I think that conquering Hardanger may be put off until the winter, provided, that is, that I don't get too carried away stitching Christmassy things!
mag327

Post by mag327 »

Recently, I have really been liking the Lizzie Kate patterns. I have a stash of so many different ones, but for some reason, when going through recently, those are catching my eye.
Current WIP:
Mario Through the Ages
Lizzie Kate ABC's of Christmas

Most Recent Finishes:
Princes Sleeps
Home is ...