Ursula Michael SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

wendywombat

Re: Ursula Michael SAL

Post by wendywombat »

Rose wrote:I have been added to the SAL. I can not start tonight I hope maybe by Thursday but not to sure. I have to decide between 2 different fabrics and then collect up the threads. But I really hope to have some kind of start this week. :tizzy:

These were destined to be stitched by you Rose!! :dance:

I must say ...theses are really nice!!! :snowman: :snowman: :snowman:

:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

What a fun project!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
fccs

Post by fccs »

Squirrel wrote:Awwww I want to hug him back, he is yummy gorgeous. :tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy:

I will not join in I will not join in - - - - - -
Sally, I repeated those exact words...for maybe thirty seconds before I caved. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh wow you are zooming along with these guys. I have not got far with the boarder since I was sick all week end and still about half there. At least yesterday afternoon I could sit and stitch just a bit. I am giving up on the boarder tonight and going to start on the first snowman. I hope. All depends on the stomach.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Squirrel wrote:Awwww I want to hug him back, he is yummy gorgeous. :tizzy: :tizzy: :tizzy:

I will not join in I will not join in - - - - - -
I agree with Sally in both normal and small type comments.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

I wish I could do this, my mom LOVES snowmen and these look right up her alley!! What a perfect Christmas gift it would be ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Rose

Post by Rose »

So after much work just to be able to stitch, I have a start. This is actually about 5 days worth of work but if I had been healthy I could have done this in 2. It is a joy to stitch this one and I am having a great time with it.

I am stitching it on 14 count Ice Blue Aida. The boarder is done in 3 different Kreinik Blending filaments the top is a royal blue #33 the middle is a steel blue #25 and the sides are confetti #41. I think I am going to make a few changes in the colors of the scarves and hats to better suit me. For the most part they will be minor changes. I will tell you as I continue.

Thank you to Karen for showing me this one I love it........of course!!!!!!!!!! :whoop: :snowman: :whoop: :snowman: :whoop:

The picture is very poor for color. There is very little natural light this morning and the light above the table really makes the true colors look terrible. Better picture next time.
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

I am soooooooooo glad you are enjoying this Rose---it is really a great one and I definitely love your changes--very creative and effective!! Glad you are feeling well enough to stitch again!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Rose

Post by Rose »

Sorry about that Karen you were to quick. I had hit submit when I was trying to add the photo.
:oops:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Rose wrote:Sorry about that Karen you were to quick. I had hit submit when I was trying to add the photo.
:oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No worry---it happens---and I always laugh at myself when it does!! :D
Work in Progress
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

On my list of things to do today is to find a piece fabric in my stash for this one so I can play, too. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

fccs wrote:On my list of things to do today is to find a piece fabric in my stash for this one so I can play, too. :-)
:whoop: :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Great start, Rose! I think you are going to have lots of fun with this one!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Unless I raid another kitted up project, or buy yet another piece of fabric, my choices are green or raspberry or yellow or grey. How can I NOT have white or blue in a big enough size? Ugh!!

I've got it narrowed down to pale green Lugana, dove grey Aida (a blueish-grey), or ivory Aida. Thoughts? I'm leaning toward the dove grey.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

fccs wrote:Unless I raid another kitted up project, or buy yet another piece of fabric, my choices are green or raspberry or yellow or grey. How can I NOT have white or blue in a big enough size? Ugh!!

I've got it narrowed down to pale green Lugana, dove grey Aida (a blueish-grey), or ivory Aida. Thoughts? I'm leaning toward the dove grey.
dove grey does sound like a good option, though I'd love to see how it would look on the raspberry or yellow
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:whoop: :whoop: Hurray Rose has made a start on this fabulous one. Great going Rose and I hope you will soon be back to full health.

Debby I would lay out the threads on the dove grey and the pale green and see which looks best. I think either would go well, grey sky behind or green grass :lol:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
fccs

Post by fccs »

karen4bells wrote: dove grey does sound like a good option, though I'd love to see how it would look on the raspberry or yellow
Interesting that you said that because actually raspberry and yellow were my initial favorites. They are both beautiful pieces of fabric...I pulled up the yellow one on the PTP site and it isn't even close to the actual piece. It's a soft yellow 28 count Lugana with some pinky shades running through it. The raspberry is 28 count Jobelan, a more pinky than raspberry color.

Decisions. now I'm rethinking...one of these days maybe I'll learn to go with my gut and save a lot of time.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

fccs wrote:
Decisions. now I'm rethinking...one of these days maybe I'll learn to go with my gut and save a lot of time.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I know exactly how you feel :whoop:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

karen4bells wrote:
calico wrote:Closing my eyes, closing my eyes, I don't want to look...... :lol:
So Cute! love the sparkly skates!

If I didn't just start my 4th new project this year (with a 5th starting hopefully before the end of the month) I would so join in on this! I Love Ursula's snowmen!!! What FB page did you see this on.....just curious 8)

I first joined Lets Stitch Ursula Michael in facebook and got the information to join the SAL :) I really hope you and any other snowmen lovers (Rose) will join!!
I sent a request to join the FB group, but am not confident they will accept me. This looks like something I could do for my mom, so am keeping my fingers crossed.
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Rose

Post by Rose »

Debby I too was thinking that the raspberry might be a very interesting look for this one. would like to see what it would do on that color. :poke: Do a floss toss and see what you think. It would be very distinctly yours.

Brekkana I am sure that they will approve you to join, they are a very welcoming group.