St Cross Stitcher's Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Re: St Cross Stitcher's Ward

Post by Serinde »

Auntie Serinde bustles about plumps more pillows, makes sure the stitchers have good lighting, and that suppers are served (or lunch or breakfast depending on the time zones) and they are exactly what each of you has a little taste for. Nurse Jilly has done a fantastic job today, hasn't she!

Mauveme's crumpets are fresh and warm, with exactly enough butter. Perhaps meerkat would like some jelly for that ulcerated throat?

A quick check to see that TT's feet are elevated, and supported under the knees... oedema is very uncomfortable. A cool bath might be in order?

Thursday Next is suffering from a stubborn case of paradigmitis also known as ufomania. There are two possible solutions. The first involves choosing the most stubborn project, and making obvious progress. The second involves choosing the most time-critical project, and finishing it. There is a third way (naturally): find several small projects which only require minimal attention and finish them all.

Mel786 is in a cool, darkened room, very quiet. There is a everlasting cool cloth for her forehead, and whatever medications she currently requires. :sleep: :sleep:
Thursday Next

Post by Thursday Next »

Auntie Serinde, you're a wonderful nurse...I'm praying that some time on the ward in your good care will help heal me quickly! :)
:wip:
Mill Hill Buttons & Beads Fall Blooms

Grateful for my life - especially when I’m stitching!
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

:hot: phew! thank you Serinde!
Who would like some :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream: :icecream:
I pop back later with some mugs of Drinking Chocolate, Ovaltine, Horlicks and other bedtime drinks a little later..
Just relax ladies and don't worry about a thing :hug:
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

I missed afternoon tea,must've dropped off :cry: but I would love some jelly please :D

:lol:
Jilly wrote: swaps Meercat and Wendy round so that Meercat is near the window and Wendy near the loo*
Thank you Nurse Jilly, it is lovely by the window,and thankyou Auntie Serinde for a very well made and comfy bed.
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

For my nightime libation I would love some Bailey's Irish Creme.Fantastic ward staff here. They seem to know what we want before we can even ask.
Well done sisters. :applesauce: :toast: :grouphug:
Linda
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Ok Ladies...Hot Chocolate, Bailey's for Linda :wink: , Horlicks, Ovaltine, :coffee: :tea: ..... of course the logistics of sorting who needs breakfast, dinner or supper are beyond my poor brain's capabilities, so just help yourself when peckish :cake: ...just talk quietly if you happen to be next to a sleeping bod :lol:
of course bacon butties are eatable at any time..as is chocolate :choc:
Lizzieh

Post by Lizzieh »

Oh no. There's nothing wrong with me but it sounds so nice and restful here. Can I stay and be the visitor who shares out all the :cake: :choc: :coffee: and :tea: .

Liz
Liz

WIPIn rotation
Quick Stitch Tulips
Egyptian heart
Pretty pastels
Peek a boo

UFO
HAED storykeep

2014 finishes
Parent's garden
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

((((ssshhhhh, nothing wrong with me either :wink: , I just like the company, and the service is great))))
Linda
*barb*

Post by *barb* »

well, another day of rest and recouperation for me and more medicine <vomits>

The care is wonderful, it is keeping my spirits up ( without resorting to Baileys :lol: ) and i do enjoy the crumpets.

I have a touch of Ufomania as well but am doing wonderfully well at starting new things and not finishing them before I move on to the next.

:thinks:
Current WIP's

* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Thank you Sister Serinde and Sister Jilly!

I'm much better now, moving me nearer the loo was a good idea Jilly!! :lol: (or is that too much information??? :roll: :doh: )

I can be on duty now to give some :coffee: :tea: :cake: & :icecream: for those still lingering. I can do pillow fluffing and hospital corners too!!

Home made lemonade anyone? Nice and cooling in all this heat! Oh yes and I'll get one of the men to put up some mosquito blinds too, just in case! :wink:
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

lizthebob wrote:Oh no. There's nothing wrong with me but it sounds so nice and restful here. Can I stay and be the visitor who shares out all the :cake: :choc: :coffee: and :tea: .

Liz
Don't come near me Liz, I'm in the corner,silent, by the window.. mines at the "got worse" stage "before getting better" I can only manage luke warm liquid at the mo. :( so you and Mauveme can have my :cake: and :choc: between you. Lucky you don't need your voice to stitch :silenced:
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

I just went through the admitting section...as I have severe colds and a sore throat now...my voice is really croaky...and my throat hurts... :cry: ...I am not feeling really good......needs your TLC sisters serinde and jilly! :wub:
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
grub72

Post by grub72 »

this is what mine looks like ( hope it works)
nope not going to work so imagine this
kanji writing for butterflies up top, then on both sides pink and blue butterflies going down the page, alternately, then in the middle two little one with pastle colours of pink, blue and purple,
next one is a big one of blue mauve pink ( again with pastle)
and then 5 little ones with the same colours but mixed up.
Sorry about no pic, stupid lap top wont do it.
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

charmagne_capalad wrote:I just went through the admitting section...as I have severe colds and a sore throat now...my voice is really croaky...and my throat hurts... :cry: ...I am not feeling really good......needs your TLC sisters serinde and jilly! :wub:
We need some honey for the poorly throats :thinks:
meanwhile we will put the quiet ladies together so you can relax more :hug: :hug:

Is anyone well enough for a bacon buttie today? feel good food at it's best :lol:
We have plenty more crumpets too :dance:

:tea: :tea: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :rose: :rose: :choc: :choc: :icecream: :icecream:
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

*sneaks back in*

i was feeling great y'day but wok up with a stuffed nose :cry:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I'm much better so do I qualify for a bacon buttie?? Oh and a crumpet too would go down a treat.

Then I'll pop on my pinny and do a couple of bed baths!!! @rotfl:
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

As workers... 'tis our duty to test all food is up to the highest standards Wendy...tuck in (both food and bed corners :wink: )
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

*wipes the bacon crumbs off fingers and slurps up last of butter from chin*

OK, who needs a quick freshen up then??? :D :D I'm a devil with the flannel you know!! :wink: :wink:
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Are there any bacon butties left? I'm so hungry...all this TLC has worked wonders, I think I'm on the mend.I can talk again in short bursts :lol: I will vacate my bed by the window today..I can recommend the view to any incoming patients. No bed bath needed this time thanks Wendy :) Thank you to Auntie Serinde and Nurse Jilly for a very comfortable stay here :rose: :choc: :rose: :choc: Are there any crumpets left,pleeease. I have to make up for lost eating time :D
*barb*

Post by *barb* »

I had some day leave from the ward today and went out for coffee with a friend. Oh, it has exhausted me. I am now going to crawl into my bed with it's lovely hospital corners and sleep. Just need my cup of tea first please...oh and medicine :neutral:
Current WIP's

* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"