Carole's 2013 & 2014 WIPs

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Mrs Milkybar Kid

Re: Carole's 2013 WIPs

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Lovely finishing Carole - we must have the same taste in fabrics as the last few you have used I have in my fabric stash too - LOVE Moda fabrics! Sorry to hear about the tooth - hope you feel better soon!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Rose

Post by Rose »

Love it!!!!!! :wub: :wub:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
TracyG

Post by TracyG »

Beautiful work on the SAL! Can't wait to see the rest! I just can't say enough how much I LOVE your little houses...I'm really going to have to get those patterns for myself.
WIPs:
Hillside Travelers by LHN
The Library by LHN
Past, Present, and Future by Disney
Balloon Glow by Dimensions Gold
Little Sheep Virtues by LHN
HAED 12 Dancing Princesses
Grandma Twinkles by Janlynn
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: I love what you are doing with these houses. I think its beautiful. And you have all my empathy about your dental issues. Absolutely not my favorite to deal with. Hope you are feeling better soon. :hug:

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

I'm loving all the designs you are doing. :applesauce:
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
fccs

Post by fccs »

I love the houses and might have to add them to my stash. I also really like how you finish them. Do you have instructions you can share? I bet it's a relatively simple process, but I would love to know if there are any special tricks or potential problems to be aware of.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Carole

Post by Carole »

Thanks Debby. You might be able to see how I did it on my blog. I've linked to the January Cottage, and within that post is a link to the first project that I framed with fabric where I did quite a few photos with a sort of how-to. I've pretty much figured it out and learnt as I've gone along :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Carole wrote:Thanks Debby. You might be able to see how I did it on my blog. I've linked to the January Cottage, and within that post is a link to the first project that I framed with fabric where I did quite a few photos with a sort of how-to. I've pretty much figured it out and learnt as I've gone along :)

Thanks, Carole. I am going to try this as soon as I can.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Carole

Post by Carole »

I haven't been posting much recently. I've been dealing with those dental problems. I ended up having surgery in the end along with another course of antibiotics. It's all much better now, especially as the stitches are out. Stitches in your gums are 'interesting'.
I've been having computer issues too and have finally given up and have had my birthday present a little bit early. I now have a shiny new toy to play on, umm, I mean a serious piece of equipment on which to do important stuff :lol:

I finished off September's cottage recently but didn't get around to posting the pic on here so I'll do that now that I'm back. (if I can work out how to cut and paste, that is)

(ah, that seems to be easy enough)

I wasn't as keen on September as some of the other months but now I have the fabric around it, I like it much better. I think the brown tones the other colours down a bit.

Thanks for looking :)
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: Looks really good. I like the brown fabric very much. Gives it a more "autumny" feeling.
I'm so glad to hear that your dental issues have been solved. Oral surgery is no fun (I know way too much about that stuff). I can do a lot of stitching with most aches and pains, but when it is dental, I can't do much of anything.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Glad to hear you're on the mend from your surgery! And lovely finish on September. Has a nice autumn feel to it now.
Carole

Post by Carole »

I finally finished the third section of the LHN mystery SAL a couple of days ago. I changed the word Fall to Autumn so had to tweak the one line of text slightly to accommodate it. This section seemed to go on forever but I think it was more down to me not feeling like doing much to it rather than it being a lot to stitch.
I'm quite glad it's finished now though :roll:

This is what the whole thing looks like. I've no idea what I'm going to do with it. I don't really want to frame it and think it'll be best done with fabric but I can't face doing any more of that for a while. I think it'll be going into the 'finished projects' drawer for now until I get around to it.

I'm going to crack on with Song of the Weather now as I'd like to catch up with that before I go on holiday. I've managed to get a bit behind. Sigh.
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

kiwirach

Post by kiwirach »

as i've said on your blog, i think this is just lovely :wub:
my blog

WIP
Little House Neighbourhood - LHN
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: That is lovely! I love the birds singing. The music notes add a special touch to the whole piece. I'm not sure why but as I looked at the whole sample those seem to give it some sense of completion. Can't describe it, but I love this piece and hope you will figure out how you want to eventually display it.

Carole
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: Beautiful!! I love your September cottage and I really love the Mystery SAL--both are very autumnal!! Great stitching and finishes!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Beautiful work on completing it! The colours really work well, and I like your change to 'autumn', my preference too.
Carole

Post by Carole »

October's Cottage with its frame. One of my favourites as I love the colours in it and I love pumpkins :)

I may be slightly absent for a few weeks now as I'm off on my hols. I won't be taking any stitching with me as I'm trying to travel as light as possible. I want to leave as much room in the cases as I can for stash that may be purchased in the land of cheap threads :wink:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: I love your monthly finishes and this one is beautiful! Have a great vacation, take lots of pictures and get loads of stash. Maybe you should bring an empty suticase with you.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Beautiful Carole! Have a fab vacation and I hope you get a huge stash fix!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Mrs Milkybar Kid wrote:Beautiful Carole! Have a fab vacation and I hope you get a huge stash fix!
I absolutely agree!! Enjoy your vacation!! :D
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs