St Cross Stitcher's Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

mauveme

Re: St Cross Stitcher's Ward

Post by mauveme »

I'm bleeding. I cut my foot on some glass ((always dropping glasses)). "hobbles back over to my bed". Darn!!! Can't find the bandaids.
Linda
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Oh quick! transfusion needed here!! of :tea: I mean! :roll:

Elevate Mauve's poor foot on soft pillow and applies soft absorbent dressing to cut after checking no glass embedded.

There bandaged up now and tea and choccy bikkies for shock!
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Lisa wrote:*sneaks back in*

i was feeling great y'day but wok up with a stuffed nose :cry:
:cry: i had ring work today and she asked if i could go back today and i said yes :doh: told them i still have 2 tamiflus to take and she said thats fine ill see you at half 4. great!!!

so im off to work when paul gets here, hes stuck in v festival traffic :doh:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

OOOhh love chocky bikkies, :cloud9:
Cleaning up the blood off the floor now :doh:
Linda
natural_isis

Post by natural_isis »

Would like to bring in fresh :rose: and :balloons: to cheer up everyone, then if you could find me a padded room for a little primal screaming to relieve stress, I would be back to my normal cheerful self and be more than happy to deliver soup, tea, coffee, cookies/biscuits, and stitching supplies.
Wips: Sadness of an Angel-Haed, Flower Girl- Haed, Bookworm Fairy- Haed, Ghost of A Rose- Haed, Babysitting- Haed, Red Tulips- Mystic Stitch, Pompiean Lady- Haed
tattyted

Post by tattyted »

Well after seeing all the new patients arriving, my feet are starting to look a little better. Work this one out... no heat outside = huge puffy feet. Reaaly hot outside = feet deflating down to a still slightly puffy but less painful size. What is going on in the world?!

Thank you to you all for plumping my pillows and raising my feet. I'm feeling up to a bacon sandwich now. :wub: :wub: Might even take a walk later and get some fresh air!
Thursday Next

Post by Thursday Next »

Feeling up to a bit of stitching this morning, so I'm taking that to be a good sign...really :beg: that I don't sit down and then get up 5 minutes later :x: Perhaps a bit of :tea: to help my nerves settle a bit will help, if it's not too much trouble?
:wip:
Mill Hill Buttons & Beads Fall Blooms

Grateful for my life - especially when I’m stitching!
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Plenty of bacon left ladies.. and crumpets too.... :tea: :tea: :coffee: :coffee: :cake: :cake: :icecream: :icecream: :choc: :choc:
hiceskater

Post by hiceskater »

Can i join you ladies in here please? Hayfever's been really bad the past couple of days and has been making me throw up :( also just been diagnosed with depression so can i have a nice quiet corner until my meds start to kick in?
~Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.~
Thursday Next

Post by Thursday Next »

:hug: hiceskater - I understand how you're feeling and hope your meds start working quickly!!
:wip:
Mill Hill Buttons & Beads Fall Blooms

Grateful for my life - especially when I’m stitching!
grub72

Post by grub72 »

I am still on the mend and doctor dh told me to rest so i am going to stay here just a little longer, Can i have some crumpets, with bacon and a hot chocolate and some biscuits please, while i am stitching my butterflies that i tried to describe before.
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

I'm feeling better today...thanks to evryone here.... :wub: :wub: :wub:

I'll be going back to work tomorrow....back to the office again....paperworks....and lots more of paperworks..... :x
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
minij

Post by minij »

It sounds wonderful here, :D (shhhh I'm not really poorly just feel a bit drained) please can I have a quiet spot where I can do some stitching and be pampered by the wonderful nurses Serinde and Jilly, The food and drink all sounds lovely, I can't decide :thinks: :thinks: :thinks: so please just surprise me
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Nurse Jilly and Auntie Serinde aren't on duty at the mo so I'll put you in the bed over here...a view of the window, gentle breeze wafting in scented with flowers on the hills over there. This bed is specially provided with soothing music and soft pillows. You'll be away from the hub of activity but not so far off that you can't just lie back and watch. There is a daylight lamp in the headboard and a little drawer for your stitching next to the bed. Today's menu includes shortbread and Earl Grey tea.

Will you be OK here? :rose: :cloud9:
minij

Post by minij »

That sounds absolutely wonderful, :D :D I am feeling more relaxed already. Thank you for taking over as I am sure nurses Serinde and Jilly deserve some time off, you have all been working so hard. The shortbread sounds lovely (is there any Rose wine :thinks: )
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Hello everyone :wave: you are all looking very rested thanks to nurse Wendy :wub:
I will be round with some nibbles for those not throwing up :hug: and then some one-to-one chatting for anyone needing a shoulder to lean on :hug: :hug:
:tea: :tea: :coffee: :coffee: :cake: :cake: :rainbow: :rainbow:
*barb*

Post by *barb* »

mauveme wrote:I'm bleeding. I cut my foot on some glass ((always dropping glasses)). "hobbles back over to my bed". Darn!!! Can't find the bandaids.
just stitch it..any colour DMC you like, I would recommend three strands and a stiff alcoholic drink :lol:

I'm still in the ward. Oh I am enjoying cross stitching, getting alot done but my, sitting on my bum all day is getting me down.

I started a new project today. I am currently doing the Blue Wrens, have finished the first in the set of two..a small gift box, wild westies I started today, it is fauilry easy like blue wrens, and then I have set up perfect patios to go when I finish one of the current ones.

I am struggling doing pegasus. It requires alot of concentration and I just haven't got that at the moment. i need something moderately easy, bright and uplifting. So i swap between the projects depending on my mood.

Will be off work for another 3 weeks. Will be nutty by then...and probably all stitched out. :thinks:
Current WIP's

* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
hiceskater

Post by hiceskater »

Depression meds are making me feel rather lousy. Missing people lots too, almost a year since one of my friends died, so sorry to everyone in the ward if im a little quiet. Just need a quiet bed on my own for a bit, and a hot chocolate if any of the nurses can manage it?
~Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.~
tattyted

Post by tattyted »

While I was feeling up to it after my walk this afternoon, I thought I would make us some of these to help perk us all up! But I have suffered in the meantime. Feet now twice the size they were befroe I made these!
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Oh Tatty, just like my mon's. Lovely. :cake: :cake: :cake:
Linda