St Cross Stitcher's Ward

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

wendywombat

Re: St Cross Stitcher's Ward

Post by wendywombat »

hiceskater wrote:Depression meds are making me feel rather lousy. Missing people lots too, almost a year since one of my friends died, so sorry to everyone in the ward if im a little quiet. Just need a quiet bed on my own for a bit, and a hot chocolate if any of the nurses can manage it?

Big Hugs needed here I think! :grouphug: :grouphug:

There's a quiet place here for you but don't hide away for too long, talking things through helps.

Tattyteds cookies look just the thing to lift the spirits, just don't drop crumbs in the bed! :wink:
agi

Post by agi »

Oh, how sad I wasn't near the internet on Friday. I ate fish at Balaton and my stomach got really upset. I had a rough night, then was on a diet for two days - I could have done with some of our wonderful nurses' care. Just imagine, being on holiday, all alone and feeling sick. Wasn't nice. :(

But now I am all right so I came in to help around. Who wants some :tea: ? Or perhaps a bowl of soup?
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Well I don't know whether to admit my laptop or me to the ward!

Laptop has decided to faint on me! :doh:
Not sure if any of you can resurrect the thing, looks terminal to me.
So of course, I am now computerless, as i just don't have the money to get it looked at now for a few months, so this has given me severe withdrawal symptoms from the forum ... :x :cry: :x
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Oh no , hope you can find something to "borrow" to visit us once in a while. Will miss you.
((Little worried about my computer too, doing strange things. :x: :x: ))
Linda
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Glad you are on the mend now Agi :hug:
Ohhh Threadbear.. forum withdrawal is very, very serious :shock: :shock:
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :tea: :tea: :tea: :cake: :cake: :cake: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc: :choc:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Poor Agi! and after your wonderful time in UK too! :rose: :rose:
BUT that soup was lovely! Thanks1

T'bear :choc: for you! Terminal Laptop sounds quite painful! :shock:

:grouphug: for you both!!

I got stung by a nasty pesky mosquito in the night!! Right on my top eyelid :shock: :doh: My right eye is all puffy this morning so I can't put my glasses on. Can anyone help me do the :tea: :coffee: & :cake: round this morning, I'd hate to miss anyone! :doh:
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

Oh poor Wendy! :hug: That sounds nasty. I'd love to help out while I'm here, but I can only stay on for a few minutes this morning. :( *Hates being computerless*
I'll be in charge of choccie supplies shall I? :shifty: :drool: :whistle:
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Ohhh! poor Wendy :(

I will get the bacon butties going... anyone for a fried egg one today?
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Good idea! We can use the Ferrari tea trolley! I've been wanting to get that out again!!

Helmets on, T'bear! Hold on!!!!!!!!!!!

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm!

How are your handbrake turns????
@rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl:
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

@rotfl: @rotfl:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Jilly wrote:I will get the bacon butties going... anyone for a fried egg one today?
*feels slightly green* could I just have some dry toast please? So that I wouldn't have to cook DH treated me to Chinese last night, and although we stuck with plain chow mein and a chicken dish, I think my innards weren't quite up to it yet :-(. Never mind, I'm feeling better than last week and I'm sure the stomach will get better as well :-) -- at least it keeps me away from the chocolate...
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i have a nervous tummy. taking my son to a new babysitters. she comes highly recommended by the woman that was watching him, whom i trust greatly..
but he will be all alone w/o his big sister or me.

I'm worried. I hate leaving my kids with strangers. :(
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

coffee_freak wrote:i have a nervous tummy. taking my son to a new babysitters. she comes highly recommended by the woman that was watching him, whom i trust greatly..
but he will be all alone w/o his big sister or me.

I'm worried. I hate leaving my kids with strangers. :(
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm sure we can all understand how you feel! If this babysitter is highly recommended by the one you used to use, I'm sure everything will be just fine!
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
*barb*

Post by *barb* »

Ooo..tatty ted, that looks like so much better medicine than the stuff I normally take. I am wanting your medicine instead now.

I have to bring my cat in the ward. She is well behaved mostly. She has a bladder infection and has had an injection to help with the pain. So, she shall be sleepy and quiet but I think she would like a :coffee: <- milk when she wakes. She needs to increase her fluids.
Current WIP's

* forever friends - "garden swing"
* Dimensions Gold "Four Seasons kittens"
* Dimensions Matted Accents "Kitten and Butterfly"
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

HUGE HUGS TO U ALL

I really hope u all get on the mend real soon :wub: :wub: :wub: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and i will be here for the long haul so i will join u all on this ward if i may??? Please, I will bring (well, will get Lee to bring lol) loads of cakes, drinks n stash supplies in for us all!!
grub72

Post by grub72 »

I am feeling much better thanks nurse Jilly and nurse ( cant spell ur name ) tootles everyone i am back at home now
Don't worry be happy, you have your life, you are alive, you have family, friends who love you, and best of all you have me as a friend :)
minij

Post by minij »

Well hows everyone feeling this morning, I can help with tea, toast and bacon butties :drool: if you like :thinks:
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

Im terribley exshusted n weak today, my thyroids are really acting up and taking it out of me.

I was totally out of action on Wednesday. Its so annoying for days n day on end i wont sleep and some days get 2 hours a nite and then one day ill be so shattered that i can just about get out of bed and im sleeping like 20 mins n awake for 10-30mins n then out of it again and i can be like that all day and nite (this is what i was like on wednesday) but that aint doing no good as i aint restin, not with all the intrupted sleep.

So today i feel like i have been hit by a train, but it was my mummys bday so i went for a meal with family n Lee, was fun but i was almost falling sleep at the table lol. I could see everyone looking at me in our party all looking worried and i was being asked was i ok every 5 mins bless them, i said im fine and if i thought i needed to go home i would do. But mum had to ask if i wanted to go bingo as we always go on her bday and i felt really bad that i couldnt go but she understood and just thought to as as she was going, glad she didnt go alone though as she met a friend. But its getting to me that i cant do the smallest of things, just to sit up in bed some days feels like im trying to climb mount everest. But im glad i went out even if it did take lee 3hours to get my activated as he calls it lol.

So sorry ive been ranting aint i? Shoulder is hurting now LOL typing nora hehehe. Hope everyone else is feelin brighter today/tommorow. *Lee is on the way around with the cakes, threads and mags* Please place ur orders with him or just wave and he'll be over with u asap :D :wub: :D :lol:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible, Sammy, but if getting up feels like climbing Everest, then don't forget to be very proud of yourself when you do manage to get up, because you will have achieved something great! :hug::
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

:hug: :hug: big hugs Sammy :wub:
I work with two people with thyroid problems, so I understand how hard that is on it's own..without all your other problems :hug:
One of them is off at the moment.. she had radioactive Iodine treatment, so the poor thing is getting lots of corny 'glow in the dark' jokes... she knows we love her really :lol:
Put your feet up in here and let us bring you lots of goodies.. whatever you fancy :wub: