Stashmas 2010 wish list thread

For members who want to join in an exchange of cards, bookmarks,biscournes and other fun stitching and sharing.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Wandatoo

Re: Stashmas 2010 wish list thread

Post by Wandatoo »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

This is my first year participating, so I'm looking forward to it!

I use DMC threads, and usually stitch smaller items on Aida (14 count) and larger ones on evenweave. But I am open to trying some of the more 'exotic' threads and fabrics I've seen here on the forum.

I like to stitch cards, Christmas ornaments, bookmarks, Oriental designs, blackwork. I would like to try a fractal, but most I've seen are TOO BIG! :shock: Not really into 'cutesy' designs.

To get an idea of what I like to stitch, have a look in my Gallery to see several of my finished items.

Thanks in advance -- and Merry Stashmas! :D
Wandatoo

"Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you."
mags

Post by mags »

Dear Stashmas partner

I am again very excited to be in Stashmas and am very much looking forward to choosing something for my recipient. I am sure I will be very happy with whatever you choose for me - I hope the following will help.

I am a small-to-medium-sized-project person and prefer 14# Aida - preferably Zweigart which I find easier to use. My favourite projects include flowers, birds, cats, country scenes or samplers, I am just getting into hardanger and I am itching to try speciality stitches. I would be very pleased to receive stuff for smaller projects, either floss or bits and pieces. I like DMC but would also be happy with Anchor. Any colours would be welcome. Also things like plain wooden bellpull ends, stitchables, aida band, beads, buttons, display items, trinket bowls, etc etc

I am not really into fantasy, cutesy, sparkly, religious or holidays. I am unable to use hoops or frames and cannot see well enough for very high count fabrics.

Many thanks. :D
Last edited by mags on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
maeflowers

Post by maeflowers »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I have been spoiled rotten lately and have received many, many charts (though I don't know if there is such a thing as "too many"). One thing I am lacking is the fabric to stitch these charts on. I do like 18 count aida and have not really experimented with other fabrics before, but I could give them a try! My HAED is on its way to me as I write this and I am not sure what that will have in store for me!

I would appreciate anything you pick out for me, but I am especially interested in fabrics, needles (I have two), any smaller kits or charts for little projects, and I adore anything Christmas-y or cutesy, but not cartoony. I hope that makes sense. I also admire the Lizzy Kate designs though I have yet to try any out. I also am interested in beads and buttons or other embellishments to try out on projects.

I am sure whatever you choose will be just marvelous, and I hope this helps you out.

Thank you, Stashmas sender! :)
WIP's
Happy Heart
Honey Bear
John Deere

ImageImage
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Dear Mother (or Father) Stashmas,

I have shelves of designs and magazines, and quite a bit of fabric. What I would like most of all is interesting threads to go with them. I normally use DMC, and have a good collection, but I love spaced dyed threads, whether 6-stranded cotton or pearls, and would like to be able to experiment more.

PS: any chance of some extra time on the clock?
:ratherbe: :D
starchild202

Post by starchild202 »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I am not new to cross stitch, but I am back from a several years long hiatus. Consequently my stash is rather dismal, so the sky is the limit for you. :) I love mythical creatures and ocean animals. My favorite flower is the sweet pea. I like making up my own samplers for people, so I am always looking for small cross stitch embelishments, alphabets, and borders. I have a hard time finding fabrics, I prefer Aida 16 count, in fun colors. I have never tried working on any other lafbric other than Aida, and I am always up for new challenges. But above all, Stashmas Sender, I would love advice and tips. I taught myself to cross stitch and I don't know many others who do as well, so any tips, advice, or tools would be wonderful. I hope this helps you. Thank you!
WIP:
Bird Cottage
Santa kneeling at The Christ Child
Advent Calendar

To be Framed/Finished
Disney's Ariel
Wedding Sampler
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

Having been at this hobby for some years I have accumulated a good selection of "everyday" fabrics and threads, but I love using my existing stash with some interesting threads -- Caron are my current favourite (Watercolours, Wildflowers, even -- when I can afford it -- Waterlilies), silks are always gorgeous, or some of the DMC/Anchor variegated pearl threads to do Hardanger with.
I'm not a kit person, but do enjoy charts by Lizzie*Kate or Little House Needlework!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rebeccashelly

Post by rebeccashelly »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I use DMC threads, and have recently bought myself some DMC satin threads and would love to have some more (I already have blues, greens and purples). I'm not very experimental when it comes to fabrics so would love to try something new. I prefer 16 and 18ct aida because I like a smaller finish. I love love love somebunny to love, tatty teddy and popcorn charts, but I also love charts of beautiful ladies and anything oriental. It's hard for me to find time to stitch because I'm at university, so small to medium charts are best for me.

Thank you Stashmas Sender! :wub:
dominique66

Post by dominique66 »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I have to say that anything in my mail box which is not a bill will make me extasic!

I only have time for small to medium projects
I love american folk art and biscornus.
I like dmc threads but would be happy to try anything else of good quality
I would like to experiment with different fabrics as I maily use aida

But really I leave it completly open to you Stashmas Sender I am sure I shall be delighted with anything you choose to send :D :

Thank you, Stashmas sender! :wave:
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I'm having some trouble coming up with things I want, but I hope this is a helpful guide.

I prefer evenweave and linen to aida, any count and colour really, I'm ready to experiment with it all.

As for floss, here in the UAE the basics like regular DMC cotton, varigated and metallics have been easy to get, so I'd love to try some Satin and Color Variations or even the anchor versions. I've tried some hand dyed threads and I'm hooked so thaose will always be apprciated, as well as other specialty threads.

As for charts, smaller ones for biscornus or ornaments would be perfect.

And any type of embellishments will be great, buttons, charms, beads anything really.

Have a Very Merry Stashmas Everyone

Line xx
XandraS...
swanbird1975

Post by swanbird1975 »

Dear Stashmas Sender,
I'm going to be happy for any gift. But some details.
I adore mice and any kit with it. I like Calico Crossroad designs as well. Plus it can be anything for cross stitching - aida, threads and etc. But most of all it is surprise for me!!! :applesauce: :dance:
kathryn

Post by kathryn »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I haven't had much time to stitch lately, so something for a small project would be really nice. I can use all cloth, linen, evenweave, and aida, but I like to stock up on 24 count evenweave for haeds. I'm use dmc, never got into anchor.

I love dragons, dragons, and more dragons, mythical creatures, and felines. I am a HAEDcase, but have not had the time to spend working on them.

In conclusion oh stashmas sender, I will be pleasantly surprised, and remember, a dragon is sure to please!
ImageImageImageImage
JennsD

Post by JennsD »

Dear stashmas sender,

After having been away from stitching for 9-10years, my supply is very little. I have only stitched on Aida cloth (white & ivory), but would be open to trying new cloths and colors. I use DMS floss as that is all I can get at the stores near me. I am open to any size projects, patterns, kits. I do not care much for the "stamped" kits, but have occassionly done them. I prefer real life and realistic looking designs more than cartoons, although Sesame Street does have a place in my heart.

I will be happy with whatever you may send my way and look forward to joining in on this wonderful holiday created just for us.
WIP: Wizard of Oz Afghan
FATHER
Celt42

Post by Celt42 »

Dear Stashmus sender,

I have not experimented too much with different fabrics or flosses, but am eager to try something new, be it silk, metalic, evenweave, or what have you.

I adore celtic designs and dragons, but am not limited to just those designs. Country kitchen designs aren't exactly to my taste however.

I hope to one day complete this design on an afghan..http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=3218" target="_blank
and each individual letter is sold seperately. They are a great example of the type of designs I tend to lean towards.

Anything I receive will be greeted with giddy glee, so don't worry over much!
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

Dear Stashmas sender,

I love charts and kits that feature realistic looking animals, especially horses, tigers and wolves. Geishas are always welcome. Also, I love dragons, wizards, and fairies. Halloween patterns as well.

I tend to lean toward using DMC colors and absolutely love hand dyed fabrics. I've only tried Aida in 14, 16, and 18 count, but I'd love to try Evenweave at some point in the distant future.

I've got a HAED design (Lust) that I would love to make a start on, so I would love Kreinick 032 blending filament. I can't seem to find any around here. :?

The only thing that I really dislike are the antique looking cross stitches. I like some, but I'm very particular about which ones.

If nothing I've posted here tickles you, then I'm open to your interpretation of what I might like. I'll be delighted either way.

Lots of dragon love,

DraconicWench

Edited to add some specifics.
Last edited by DraconicWench on Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn
She who waits, also serves.

WIPs
Jungle Safari BA for baby J

2012 HDs
Anatomically correct heart
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I would LOVE some more DMC Impressions aida. I already have blue checked, blue and pink hearts and Arabesque Beige.

I am a DMC girl. I would also like some pink sticky back felt for backing of bookmarks, as I want to stitch a bookmark for 5 little girls.

I dont really like evenweave nor anchor, but apart from that I'm pretty easy :D

thankies,
Lisa xxx
Trylla

Post by Trylla »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I LOVE overdyed fabrics. I like aida (16 or 18 count) and 25 count evenweave. As for floss, I'm a DMC girl, but I also like silks and over-dyed cottons.

As for patterns, I've recently developed a fondness for fractals and geometric patterns (like the stuff from Ink Circles).

Mostly I'm just happy to get a surprise in the mail!!

Many thanks!!

Trylla
Trylla
WIP
Drama Queen - custom chart (skitzzzzz)

My Blog
minij

Post by minij »

Dear Stashmas Sender

Well firstly I must say that I am really looking forward to choosing little surprises for my Stashmas friend. :D not long to wait to see who it is

I am very lucky as I do have all the DMC threads but of course spares are always useful, I am trying to collect Anchor and speciality threads.

I use charts or kits and aida or evenweave all coulours or dyes between 14 count and 28 count, sadly I love the finer materials but can't see it even with a magnifyer :roll:

Not so keen on religous, unicorns, dragons or native american but apart from that I love it all :D

Stitchbows, needles, beads, charms, buttons or anything else you can think of would all be greatfully received.

I know I will be so grateful and pleased with anything you choose for me and I can't wait for th surprise. Hope this helps and thank you so much Satshmas Friend :D
dwitt

Post by dwitt »

Dear Stashmas Sender,

I am a DMC girl at heart but like gentle art sampler threads and would be willing to try any other threads sent to me :)

I work on all types of fabric and prefer 18 count and smaller (i.e. 22,25,28).

I :love: landscapes of all kinds, birds, flowers, and unusual samplers. Not fond of fantasy, unicorns, dragons or the like. Really what ever is sent will be loved :D

I haven't really experimented much with designs, fabric or threads but would like to try my hand at hardanger eventually!

I use the stitchbow system and you can never have enough stitch bows! :lol:

Anything my stashmas sender sends will be loved and appreciated. Thank you in advance :dance: :dance:
Last edited by dwitt on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Desiree Witt
It’s not not IF you will recover but WHEN you will.
You can NEVER have too many cross stitch patterns! :D
Zeb

Post by Zeb »

Dear Stashmas Sender,
thankyou so much for reading this and thinking about what to send to me. :)

I am not into cutesy/homesy designs like All Our Yesterdays or anything with bears, angels, fairies etc. My favourite themes are: Halloween and Mermaids.

I am into jewel like colours predominantly reds, greens, blues, purples, silvers and golds, and prefer smaller designs to bigger ones. DMC gal all the way.

You can see a list of all my stash, to give you an idea of the things I like. Also check out my wishlist page.

I'm quite keen on building my buttons and beads collection as I am getting more into biscornus. Also specialty threads like Gentle Arts Sampler, Crescent Colours and Caron Waterlilies are quite expensive in New Zealand, so would love those.

Hand dyed fabrics rock, although I prefer evenweave (28 or 32 count.) Finished stichables like pill boxes, project bags, cups, trinket bowls, coasters, bookmarks and needle acccessories would be cool. Don't have many of these in my collection.

My favourite designers include: Blackbird Designs, Helen Phillips, Jeanette Douglas Designs, Joan Elliott, Just Nan, Lizzie Kate, Sue Hillis Designs, Teresa Wentzler and Tournicoton.

Hopefully that will give you enough to choose from! :)

Thanks again!
Last edited by Zeb on Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Zeb A.
Keep Calm and Cross Stitch
http://www.ixari.net
kimkat_tkl

Post by kimkat_tkl »

Dear Stashmas sender,

I'm not very fussy when it comes to stitching, I'm willing to try anything once, which makes this really hard to write! :D

Fabric: I currently use anything from 14ct aida to 32 ct evenweave (am yet to try linen) in any colour.
Threads: I have the entire DMC colour range (enough to last 10 HAEDs, a couple of fractals and ....), a bit of Anchor and a range of variations/metallics/specialty threads.
Storage system: Stitchbows in folders
Project size: small to large
Want to try (sometime before I die): hardanger, other types of embroidery, something out of the Fantasie or Christmas collections of Alessandra Adelaide Needleworks, biscournus

Basically I'll be very happy with whatever comes in the post for me!!
Thanks in advance
Tracy