I'd like to ask a favor. *bit of a downer*

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

DraconicWench

I'd like to ask a favor. *bit of a downer*

Post by DraconicWench »

As some of you might have seen on my facebook yesterday, I lost a dearly beloved pet yesterday. My lovebird, Romeo, passed away suddenly yesterday with no hint as to a reason why. He was fine one moment, and the next he was laying on the bottom of his cage. All I could do was hold him and tell him how much I love him as he passed away in my hands. It was that quick. I am still reeling and every time I pass his empty cage, I expect to hear him cheerfully call out for me and it hurts a little bit more each time. I feel hollow.

I was hoping someone that has a photo to cross stitch program might be able to take a picture of my beautiful boy and allow me to have that last part of him. I, of course, hold whatever copyright would be on the picture as it is a personal photo from happier times. I would also be willing to compensate for your time. If no one is comfortable doing this or doesn't have the time, I understand.

I'd like to think he knew how much I loved him in our almost 6 years together and I'm hoping stitching him as a permanent, tangible memory will help me cope.

Thank you so much if you got this far through my wall o' text. I promise to keep my moping here and not spread the drear, as it were.
Lynn
She who waits, also serves.

WIPs
Jungle Safari BA for baby J

2012 HDs
Anatomically correct heart
Angel

Re: I'd like to ask a favor. *bit of a downer*

Post by Angel »

I'm sorry, I don't have a program to help you. I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hope the pain fades soon. I'm sure your beautiful boy knew exactly how much you love him, and that he loved you too. :hug:
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

:hug: i also don't have a program that would help but wanted to say sorry for your loss :hug:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

Thank you both. :hug:
Lynn

WIPs

2012 HDs
RosemaryH

Post by RosemaryH »

Very sorry to hear of your loss and sorry also that I cannot help you but I know that there are several people who visit this forum who have the ability to do this for you so I am sure that you will soon be stitching your much loved friend.

Rosemary
I’m part of the Transworld Book Group!’
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:hug: I'm so sorry to hear you've lost a great pet so suddenly. If no one with more experience is willing to help you, I could try my PC Stitch software.. the last photo I tried to convert didn't come out too well. I'm not confident I'd be the best candidate to the help.
Faith
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

I need to invest in some software. Thank you to all of you. I just wish I knew what happened. :( I feel bad for my little brother. He doesn't get it yet, but he knows something's wrong.

Faith, if you'd be willing to try, that would be great. I know there can be quite a few shade differences, but that doesn't really worry me. I could give you a couple of links with pictures so you can get the colors of him?
Lynn

WIPs

2012 HDs
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That's a great idea to stitch something in memory of Romeo. It helped me a lot when I lost my dog to create something tangible in his memory. I hope this helps you deal with your loss and one of the talented folks on this forum can help you with a pattern. I'm sorry I don't have any software or I would try. :hug:
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:hug: Sending a few hugs your way Lynn! So very sorry to hear of your loss. I too am a bird lover--lost my older cockatiel Casey this past February and it still tugs at my heart--but he was over 18 yrs old, so it was expected. I still have another cockatiel Gizmo--who is 17 now and a Bourke parakeet who is now 14 yrs old.
I think it's lovely that you want to remember Romeo in such a beautiful way and I hope that Faith or someone else is able to help with this.

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough when you know it's coming, to lose them unexpectedly and suddenly must be even harder.

I have Jane Greenoffs software ordered and it should be here in a few days. I've not used it before so have no idea how good it is but I'd be willing to have a go at making you a chart from a photo. I think it would be a lovely way to remember Romeo.
meerkat

Post by meerkat »

So sorry to read about your loss of Romeo, Lynne. I hope that when you do have a cross stitch pattern of him it will comfort you as you stitch :hug:
:ratherbe:
:tea: :cake:
DraconicWench

Post by DraconicWench »

Birds just have a way about them. Romeo was hand raised so he spent most of his time out of the cage, usually on my shoulder snuggled in my hair or trying to steal my shiny needle.

I hope no one minds if I post some pictures of him here.

This is a picture of Romeo and his sister from the breeder.

As you can plainly tell, he was not in the least bit spoiled. He's in that mess somewhere.

His favorite thing in the world was either to perch on you or the thing taking your attention away from him.

With my uncle:

He loved playing Bat-bird.

He was probably around 2 years old here, when his adult coloring darkened up.

I'm done pic-spamming you poor people. I apologize for the size of some of the pictures. I appreciate the support from you all more than you can even know.
Lynn

WIPs

2012 HDs
~threadbear~

Post by ~threadbear~ »

I was really sorry to read this Lynne. It's so sad when you lose them. I recently lost one of my budgies, only 8 months old and a real little character, for no reason at all.
It's hard. :(
So I do really feel for you.

I can't help with the chart, but I think it's a wonderful way to remember him and that's the reason I started my dogs one, it will be really personal.

Hope you get a good chart and look forward to seeing you start it.
:choc: There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE! :dance:
:choc: Forget love! I'd rather fall in CHOCOLATE! :wub:

Current :wip:
With Faith :dance:
Dogs
Snow Leopard (Haed)
Big Cats

Blog
carolynbb

Post by carolynbb »

I have some software that I could try to make a chart from.

Shoot me your favorite pic and when I'm back home tonight I'll see what the software gives me. You can use it if you like it and no biggie if you don't. :D

{{{{hug}}}} on your loss. My heart goes out to you.
WIPs:
Cats! (last updated 3/29/12)
Random projects for baby (last updated 6/9/12)
Engagement photo (last updated 6/9/12)
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

Oh Lynn - I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Romeo... He was a darling bird. Hugs from all of us. :grouphug:
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:hug: What fantastic pictures. He was definitely well spoiled and loved--and I'm sure he loved being a part of your life. Looks like he was definitely one that craved attention too--what a cutie pie.
:hug:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

Oh I am so sorry hon its awful to lose a pet suddenly. We had to say goodbye to our oldest cat this week - She had to be put to sleep and I've been trying to figure out how to remember her best. Its odd not having her around and welcoming you when you come home etc so I know what you mean about reeling and it hurting a bit more each time.

I think a cross stitch is a great idea and you have some fabulous pics to choose from. If no-one has software they can use have you considered something like DMC's stitch a photo? I don't know how good they or how much but thought I would throw the suggestion out there
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
milkmaid

Post by milkmaid »

i'm every so sorry , :(
pamelam

Post by pamelam »

So sorry about your loss. Such a pretty and sweet looking little bird. :hug:
Pam
agi

Post by agi »

:hug: Hope someone can help you with the pattern.
Agi

"The world, as a colourful knot of threads, has turned into a memory, and now you cannot be sure whether it was real."
(Géza Ottlik, Hungarian writer)

My blog