UK News

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Genevieve

UK News

Post by Genevieve »

Don't know if those of you around the world have heard the story which is gripping the UK at the moment about the man who pretended to be dead and finally gave himself up after five years because he was 'tired of being dead'. Apparently he lived in the house next door and disguised himself by wearing a woolly hat and walking with a limp. He and his wife claimed the life insurance money, but his sons continued to think he was dead. Absolutely surreal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7133961.stm
Rose

Post by Rose »

I did see this yesterday on the news. I can't even begin to think what an idiot you have to be to put family and friends through something like that for money. And to have your mom and dad fake his death. What a creep. I could never do that to my family.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

It is like of the seventies Tv program, the Fall and rise of Reggie Perrin. except real people are getting very hurt by the deception. Money is not everything as I suspect they will now find out.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I feel for the family that really thought he was dead and grieved for him!!
Big Hugs
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The case really shines a spotlight on a number of the problems we have created for ourselves in our 'modern' society. Breathtaking greed; not that we aren't surrounded by unwholesome moneygrubbing, but to willfully (it would seem) play out this charade until he got 'tired' of it, as if it were a weird game. Kinda says it all. Actions? Consequences? It was when the wife wailed that her sons wouldn't want to have anything to do with her anymore that I just shook my head. She thinks of this NOW?