Poll Dec 26th, 2007

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

What do you do on New Years Eve?

Go out to a big party?
No votes
Have your own party at home?
No votes
Stay home with just family?
64%
Other?
36%

Total votes: 11

Rose

Poll Dec 26th, 2007

Post by Rose »

We did it for Christmas now we need to know about New Years Eve. :lol:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Rose

Post by Rose »

For the last several years we have just stayed at home and watched some of the New Years Celebrations on TV. Too many idiots on the roads to want to go out and have something happen.

Usually toast the New Year at Midnight and head to bed. When you get old it is just another day. No big deal.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Stitchindude

Post by Stitchindude »

I usually stay at home, like Rose said too many idiots behind the wheel! I I watch a few good movies and then the Peach Drop at Underground Atlanta on the tube at midnight! Then it is off to bedy-bye!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A Day Without Crossstitching, Is Like A Day Without Sunshine!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I ticked 'other'.
Hogmanay is a big thing in Scotland. We will see the bells in at home, and then hop across the road to first foot our neighbours, have a drink and a chat, then home in case people come to see us. In some places, this goes on all night (with designated drivers, of course) and if you are at someone's house at the right time, you get a bowl of soup! In fact, we usually are in bed between 2-3AM, but I don't expect to see my boys until New Years Day sometime... 8)
http://www.visitscotland.com/library/hogmanaytraditions
Last edited by Serinde on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

Stay at home and watch Jools Holland Hootenanny, love the diverse bands he has on, will no doubt be watching with a single malt in hand :D
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I'm spending the evening (stay overnite too) with my BF and her hubby. We do it every year. We have the same thing every year--sea food. yummmm. Usually shrimp, lobster, crab, and or scallops. We sit around watch TV eat and pick on ;her hubby (which he deserves and he knows it :lol: :lol: ) but it is all in fun :twisted: . It's not worth the bother anymore, the prices are just obscene for a glass of champers and a frozen meal. My brother went to Times Square one year and vowed never again. Too cold and too crowded.
Linda
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I'm with the Dude...ummmm, I mean...my evening is much like the Dude's. Movies and watching the ball drop then off to bed. Not worth the risk of going out and then there's that whole trying to stay awake thing! :roll:
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

We don't do anything special either. When I was a child living in Scotland it was, as Serinde said, a big thing. Now we usually watch a film and try to stay awake long enough to see the New Year in and then bed. (If we can sleep because of all the fireworks going off!) However, we usually have a nice dinner on New Years Day.
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

it's safer here at home....usually an early dinner at my mom's house (my dad is going to bbq a turkey!) and then home to watch movies and play games..put the kids to bed..my hubby and i drink a toast to the new year as we watch the ball drop on tv...then we go to bed.
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend