Cure for S.E.X.

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lacemaker2004

Cure for S.E.X.

Post by lacemaker2004 »

that's stash enhancing x-perience....get your minds out of the gutter!! :P

Anyway, as I tend to do on these elongated holidays, I was bouncing back and forth between stitching and surfing, and while aided by some of you evil sisters and a sale notice from Silver Needle, I was lusting after all sorts of patterns! (Meanwhile, my husband was hollering up from the basement/Guys' room "why don't you work on some lace?") Anyway back to the story, I was bouncing around looking at Serinde's Highland landscapes and then back to a new three pack of Chatalaine Mini Mandala Gardens, telling myself that just because I could get the pattern for 25% off, the $100 plus for the materials didn't make sense....but just in case I wondered over the Martina's page to have a closer look at the mini's....which then brought me right back to my Alhambra Garden that I bought last year.......and I decided I needed to check to make sure I had all the materials for the Alhambra before Glorianna did something silly like the rest of them and change dyelots or go out of business.....(yeah, this is getting somewhere.....) ssoooooo I went and pulled down my file box of kitted projects............ :oops: Oh my.....that's the cure.......just looking at all those pretty patterns all waiting for me to get myself under control and quit my job and stitch full time....... There's more than I could ever do in a lifetime......and of course 90% of them are large and those don't include the ones that I've bought but haven't kitted yet............reality sucks! :evil:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

And your point is??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, all right then. Pick out a pretty stash pattern and start it. Then, next week perhaps, but before the Christmas bills have come in, get some replacement stash. Companies do change dyelots all the time. :twisted: You can never tell whether or not specialty embellishments will stay in stock. :twisted: Anyway, you know for sure that you have to have Highland Living. :twisted: Yup, S.E.X. for me any day... :mrgreen:
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I'm thinking that maybe we need to have a stash competition. Put some ground rules or subcategories around it and then post pictures of ourselves with our stashes. Whoever wins could be crowned Queen of us all! :D

My LNS did a UFO competition. My husband thought I would come in first by a long shot with my 13 projects (some of which are 20 plus years old!) but I came in dead last!! Phewy on him! The lady that won had over 30!! Though many were ornaments with just a few stitiches on them.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

In truth, my stash is modest. And the UFO count is also low. In fact, I have finished the nordic needlecraft table runner and the coasters for the housewarming (although how these are going to to be delivered is uncertain: they were to be hand-delivered by DH, but BAA baggage-handlers' strike might put paid to that!). And I'm within days, or, well, close (!) to finishing two other projects, so I have every reason to relish a rake about the stash basket :D
Rose

Post by Rose »

I am like Serinde my stash is rather modest only a few extra aidas and of course my floss but not bad. I have a few kits but mostly ornament stuff and things the kids will get as Christmas presents one day. Now if we are counting Patterns as stash then I have a bunch. Both from shopping and from things given to me. Books, mags, and so on.

My UFO's I try to finish what I start but I must admit to having 5 on the go and it is making me crazy. I will finish at least 3 before this summer. They are going in my SAL as soon as the holidays are over. One is for a teacher both my kids had in elementry school. She is retiring and I want her to have it. One is the Blackwork dragon for my son. I want it as a Easter present for him. One is for my husband but since it is so big it may not get done this year. I consider mom's quilt a UFO but at the moment I am a hostage of my sister. Until I get that last square I am stuck. I have a Christmas Banner I started just to see what it would look like a couple years ago then, the person it was for annoyed me and I didn't finish it. I am going to finish it and give it away this next Christmas. The last one is not really mine but I want to finish it anyway. I was trying to get my daughter into crafts a few years ago and I set her up with a Tweety pattern. She lasted about a week and then stopped. I am going to ask her if she wants me to finish it for her. I hate it just sitting. So that will take care of the UFO's but I also would like to get at least one more angel finished for my daughter's quilt and a second one started and part way done before Chrsitmas stitching starts again.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I don't have that many UFO's that won't get done...it's just a matter of when they get done. My problem is all my projects are large so it takes time to finish them. I do very few that are on the small size. Mostly Mirabilias and that size and being that I don't get a lot of time outside the weekends it takes awhile.
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I am the same, not that many projects in my stash drawer, but the size of them means they will keep me going for a long time :D
I do have a couple of UFO's, but I think they will stay that way for all time as I hate the charts so much,I get irritated by them and give up :evil:
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

I only have one large project on the go, (my Quilt Shop) the rest is just exchanges and an RR. Last time I had too may UFO's I got so depressed I stopped stitching, well never again. I WILL NOT START ANY MORE LARGE PROJECTS UNTILL THE CURRENT ONE IS DONE. As for stash......I have more patterns than I can stitch in this lifetime. I have two kits to do (won both in online bingo games with a group) I think I have a lot of stash but after listening to you lot I know I have the least :wink: :lol: :lol: The only thing I have tons of is floss. And even then, no matter how much you have you always run out of the one you don't have 17 duplicates of. :evil: I have been deleting all the sale emails that keep tempting me and I am afraid to visit 123Stitch. I order something everytime. Well I am off to finish an RR. Happy New Year :mrgreen:
Linda