Stitching New Years Resolutions

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Rose

Stitching New Years Resolutions

Post by Rose »

Do you make one?

Have you kept to it?

What made you fail?

In another post " Cure for S.E.X. I posted what I plan for this years stitching and it made me think of resolutions so I thought I would give you all the chance to make a stitching resolution. I can also put this as a sticky so we can look back at it and see how close we come to sticking to it.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have brought my list over from the other post so if we decide to sticky our resolutions mine is here also.

I will finish at least 3 before this summer. They are going in my SAL as soon as the holidays are over. One is for a teacher both my kids had in elementry school. She is retiring and I want her to have it. One is the Blackwork dragon for my son. I want it as a Easter present for him. One is for my husband but since it is so big it may not get done this year. I consider mom's quilt a UFO but at the moment I am a hostage of my sister. Until I get that last square I am stuck. I have a Christmas Banner I started just to see what it would look like a couple years ago then, the person it was for annoyed me and I didn't finish it. I am going to finish it and give it away this next Christmas. The last one is not really mine but I want to finish it anyway. I was trying to get my daughter into crafts a few years ago and I set her up with a Tweety pattern. She lasted about a week and then stopped. I am going to ask her if she wants me to finish it for her. I hate it just sitting. So that will take care of the UFO's but I also would like to get at least one more angel finished for my daughter's quilt and a second one started and part way done before Chrsitmas stitching starts again.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
mags

Post by mags »

My stitching resolutions are:

I'm going to do the owl to go with my pussycat. Will be sending off for this after the New Year holiday.

I have printed off the poem and am thinking about stitching it - if it can be done in a similar size to the pictures. I'm not too worried about doing this though.

I hope also to do a few smalls. I want to do stitchers tools to my own design to go with my scissor case.

If I get the owl done then I am thinking about doing a gameboard and also a map of Leicestershire - these two are Rachael's fault - I seem to like everything she does :roll:

However, I do have rather a lot of kits in my stash that I would also like to do, so one or two of these may get started first.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

My resolution would be to finish at least one that is in my active UFO. I've got Christmas Elegance about half way done (not counting the beading), a hardanger piece, a three piece needlepoint Nessie that should probably only take a week to finish if I would just do it and a keeshond that I started this past year when Nika passed away. I've got the perpetural projects that of the roses and the Christmas tree skirt. As for lace, no problem finishing the one that is on the pillow. That just needs a lacing weekend or two to finish.

So I guess my resolution is to stitch a bit every other night. I know saying every night would be a definite failure from the start.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

The ONLY resolution I made is to finish what I started before begining something else (exchanges are the only exception). I am determined to do this. :roll: :wink: :twisted:
Linda
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

I resolve to
1. Complete Sacred Connection.
2. Do Gift Of The Eagle Feather next.
3. Work on the Heritage Maps at the same time, I like to have two projects on the go at the same time, I find I am more motivated.
4. Stick to this plan, as I would like to be working on Mary Hickmott's Winter Woods, next Christmas.
5. Collect a complete set of DMC threads, I already have all the Anchor threads.
6. Do some more Hardanger.
Genevieve

Post by Genevieve »

My resolutions are:

1. To finish my bell-pull - one-third completed.
2. To stitch a sampler of embroidery stitches. I've got the makings and a beautiful pattern from issue 50 of 'Classic Inspirations' mag.
3. To stitch more hardanger and extend my skills - such as they are. :roll:

I think that will be enough to be going on with. :D
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

i usually pick the projects as I go..but I can say..i didn't stitch and sell enough this year..or stitch enough for that matter..

so my resolution..

finish my Summer Colors (in wip folder of webshots album)
stitch another bib for friend when i find out the sex of baby
start stitching mother's and father's day cards for selling
stitch a few easter tote bags for girls for sale
start my 9 coffee designs..made for huck towels but will be framed
stitch more christmas cards for sale
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
ConnieO

Post by ConnieO »

Oh gosh, let's see......

1. To finish the Sandringham tapestry, not even half finished yet, been on the frame since August 2006

2. To see if I can finish Woodland Enchantress this year without taking a break to start something new. I usually get sidetracked when I'm working on a large project and it takes years to finish them!

3. If I finish both of the above, I'll get the fabric and threads to start my ASN Angels. I have 3 charts (Native American angel, Japanese angel and Celtic Angel) that were given to me for Christmas by a friend, must be 5 years ago now.

All my other resolutions will go into my diary for next year like always! :D
A stitch in time is my idea of a perfect day!
Connie :-)