Just Ignore me

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lacemaker2004

Just Ignore me

Post by lacemaker2004 »

I'm trying to figure out how to post a picture in the message.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10113776@N04/2144745958/

Well, it's not embedded a picture but it does at least get the picture in the post somewhat. I giveup. I tried both tips and this is the farthest I got. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I clicked Img and the copied the URL and then did a alt p to close it.
Last edited by lacemaker2004 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mags

Post by mags »

There is a sticky under tips and tricks that tells you how. (I am a numpty and have yet done it)
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

It just doesn't seem to work for me. I'm using flikr and have it open but for some reason it's not coming up
Jilly

Post by Jilly »

It may not be doing what you want it to, but I loved looking at your work and wonderful furry and feathered friends :D
Fantastic :D :D
mags

Post by mags »

I too have had a peek - some lovely work and I especially love the Christmas Ladies.

You have done some lovely lace - I have never tried bobbin lace. Have done a lot of crochet but couldn't hack tatting !

Like the Honiton hankie lace - we have some friends who live very near Honiton and have visited the museum and one or two shops there.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Thanks Mags and Jilly, some of silly little sampler thing is from the class with Sharon Boggan Personal Library of Stitches. I read through but never did the stitching for the last two lessons since Christmas was fast approaching.

I would love to get over to the Honiton museum. I did come over for a lace class about two years ago. Loved every minute. It was a bit of an adventure since I came by myself and got to met so many wonderful ladies, study with a great teacher and see Hedgestone all in one long weekend. I also had a trip planned to London for my mom's 70th this past year but she got sick so we cancelled. We had a stop planned at the V&A to check out their lace collection.
Alyson
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

The Emie Bishop piece is also wonderful. I have her Embellishments No. 96 book but haven't worked up the courage to even start anything yet. Perhaps that should be a resolution for the New Year?
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Believe it or not that was my second piece of hardanger that I attempted. The first is just a little pillow I did for the class that I took to learn. Her pieces are complicated but I've got a couple of books that have helped.

I would say go for it....but of course my lace teacher would tell you I have a tendancy to jump in with both feet to the deep end. :lol: If you run into trouble give me a pm and I can email you some scans from the books that may outline the work better though I found her directions were very good.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I don't want to be a stick in the mud but scanning pages out of your book is a copyright violation, if the book has a copyright which I am sure it does. As a scan is a form of copying. If you would like to send it to her for her to use and then she could send it back that is ok but no copies can be made.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Serinde,
Here's a good tutorial from Nordic Needle.

If you get into it Janice Love's two books are very good references. You can usually find them on ebay for relatively inexpensive.
Alyson