Getting confused when stitching.

Tips, Tricks & Techniques - anything to help fellow cross stitchers.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Congratulations! You are now an official stitcher! :D
Angel

Post by Angel »

Really? *pleased* I've still not finished my first piece, but before I was getting confused and not feeling very motivated to finish it, now Im enjoying it even though it is taking a while.
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Sure you're a stitcher! But you have to do something for that....you have to finish you piece and keep going!

It really is fun and addictive in a non-bad way. The more you go along, the more you experience and expand. See, my goal in life is to get stitchers to test their skills and comfort level. My other goals are opening a thread store, taking my dogs to work with me and having enough time to one smidgen of the projects I've got lined up....on an cook all the glorious recipes I've got and not gain a pound... :roll: not sure of that last one.
Angel

Post by Angel »

...yeah.... good luck!

Angel wants to test her skills, then stitch some bunnies onto her pillowcases (is bored with the plainness) then... And this is special. Angel wants to stitch a welcome thing for a rabbit rescue. See this rabbit rescue gave me my latest bunny and when I got there the owner told me people had trouble finding it. So I want to stitch a welcome to happy hoppers banner with two bunnies and send it to her as a thank you for Destiny and maybe then people can find her easier. Thats my goal.
Rose

Post by Rose »

Angel is an Angel. It is so nice when you do a speciel project for some one who has made your life better. It sounds as if you are hooked on stitching and that is a good thing. The thank you present you are planning is a wonderful thought.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Angel

Post by Angel »

Angel should stop speaking in third person on this site...

ah hem ^_^

I got my first Bunny Charm at a time when I didnt actually want rabbits. But he had been so cruely neglected that he would have died otherwise so I took him. Well once he was better he then needed a friend. Only I work nights and do 12 hour shifts and Charm is 2ft long.

So Happy Hoppers not only found a bunny his size, but took Charm in and did the bonding for me as I was new to rabbits and was pretty hard pushed for having the time to keep an eye on them both. Especially since I only had one hutch. I was so grateful for it.

Plus she seemed like such a great lady and the buns she has are gorgeous! I always tell people to adopt rather than buy but... *sigh* It breaks my heart to see so many buns without forever homes. *bunny fanatic now* I want to show her how much Destiny means to me and I want people to be able to find her easier so she will have less buns. It seemed like a good idea. But I plan on finishing these two kits first and then seeing whether I'm ready to design this.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Wow! Talk about hitting the ground running! Go girl! 8)
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

That's my girl! Jump into the deep end! The water's fine!

On the bunny front, I've been collecting rabbits since I was about 8 (the porcelein, etc. kind. Check out my gallery. I've got some bunny patterns in there. There's one with two bunnies that I originally did for my office that you might be able to modify to include a welcome. There's also a fairly easy piece that I got out of the newspaper so copyright shouldn't be an issue. I also have lots of others that are buried that I've bought that you might be interested in. I don't think I would ever do them. Let me know as I will have do a bit of digging.
Angel

Post by Angel »

hehe you know I did that once. When learning to swim. Decided that the best way to learn was to jump in the deep end... my school promptly nicknamed me dizzy lizzy till my last day there.

Ooooh thank you. I will certainly check out your gallery. Thank you. I would love any bunny designs you have. *hugs*

Ooooh My little project is looking good, its starting to take shape now *can see the bow instead of a sea of red*