Update Lady Of The Woods

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

NinjaBetty

Update Lady Of The Woods

Post by NinjaBetty »

Okay so I started my HAED last night and I was wondering if most of you do them two over one or one over one. I am doing it on 25 ct evenweave which is the smallest that I have ever done. I may go blind doing it lol. It says do it with two strands so that's what I'm doing. I did about 300 stitches and it's like I haven't even done anything yet. This truly will take a while to do but I am patient. This is the one that I am doing. I will post a pic after a week of progress :D. http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index. ... ts_id=2880" target="_blank" target="_blank
Any advice you can give me would be appreciated, thanks so much.
Last edited by NinjaBetty on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIP HAEDs
Couch Dragon
Fall Fairy
Hush Little Horsie
Fauna
Gandalf at Bag End
QS Fairy with butterfly mask
QS Mystic Garden
Mini Water Dragon
Mini Midnight Secrets
SK Trick or Treat

My HAED BB name is Lynnster
rcperryls

Re: Need advice, opinions, or straight jacket

Post by rcperryls »

I'm new to HAEDs also, though I jumped in like a crazy woman and have 5 WIPs. One is 25 ct evenweave 2 over 1, two are 18 ct evenweave afghan cloth, one is a mini on 25 ct but I'm doing half cross/tent stitching (I think) which goes quicker but I'm still not sold on the coverage, and just started my SAL on 22ct Hardanger , now 1 over 1 full cross (restarted it because the 2 over 1 I did yesterday was too bulky). Each one is different, but each one requires patience. But when all of a sudden a figure or design emerges from what seems like a chaotic combination of stitches it is worth it. Your design is so lovely and has so much in it you are going to be delighted when it starts to really take shape.
I know that there are many more experienced HAED stitchers here who will be able to give you more advice and encouragement (or know where the best straight jacket store is), but I love stitching each one of mine and that is making it worth it. I might try some smaller ones in between to break it up, but right now I am having fun and that is what counts.
Can't wait to see your updates!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
The Manbroider

Post by The Manbroider »

What a Fantastic Chart you have chosen for your first HAED! What I have found is that it all has to do with personal preference and once you find what works for you, you wont look back..........I stitch all my HAED's on 18cnt 2 over 1....I like the coverage, its also not to fidley. Although doing a larger design on a higher count also makes your fabric really large, which is fine in winter but not so much in summer. So my suggestion is to try a block on several different counts doing either 1 over 1, 2 over 1, tent or full stitches to find what suits you best, also that way you aren;t ripping out all your work to restart it. Good Luck and I cant wait to see your updates! :D
Current -

HAED - Lust , Envy

Butterfly Fairies (scraped)

Finished 2011
Titania Mirabilia
Fairy Grandmother L & L
Water Goddess

http://diaryofamanbroider.blogspot.com/
crafterglen

Post by crafterglen »

All is not lost, take a deep breath, Now Haed charts are going to take a while to stitch so pick a chart you love and a fabric count you are happy with, if you have a variety of different counts try a bit till you find what you prefer, if you do not have them go over to Donna at Cross-Stitch-Heaven (sorry don't know how to link) on her site she has a mixed bag especially for Haed's that is free for you to try. Get a magnifier and don't strain your eyes ever please. I stitch all mine on 18 count with two strands and love the coverage, the detail in a Haed chart is so good that no matter what fabric you pick you get an amazing picture at the end. If you have a question, just ask, we all do from time to time, and with Haed's you want to get it right, no point putting all that hard work into something you don't like and will not finish, so take your time and get the basics right. Oh and I don't know how that slipped through my radar but I love that chart you have and it will have to go on my wish list so thanks for that as I am trying not to but stash this year that I do not need!
Happy Stitching
Glen x
megan_bright

Post by megan_bright »

Good luck! I prefer 18 ct 2 over 1, but I got some 25 ct that I want to try eventually...my main HAED is by the same artist! I love his designs :) just do what you are comfortable with.
WIP:
Dragon Riders HAED
QS Wind Moon HAED
The Ranger HAED
HAED BB SAL Literate Dragon

http://meganbright7.blogspot.com/" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

It is hard when you start out with HAEDs to think that if you are not doing the recommended 25ct 2 over 1 that you are a failure and doing something wrong! TBH there seem to be more stitchers that don't do this than there are those that do! You will find what works best for you - and may alter the count and how many strands you use for different projects. I've completed 2 small HAEDs, a QS and SK, 1 was stitched on 28ct 2 over 1 tent stitch and 1 was 18ct 2 over 1 full crosses. I personally find it too bulky to stitch 2 over 1 full crosses on 25ct so I know that is not an option for me. You just have to have faith in yourself and know that what you have chosen is best for YOU!

Most of all have fun and post regular updates - that helps to keep up the momentum with lovely encouraging comments from all of us!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
NinjaBetty

Post by NinjaBetty »

Thanks for all the wonderful words of wisdom. I appreciate it very much. I tried 2 over 1 and then 1 over 1 and found that I just didn't like the coverage with the 1 over 1. I am going to continue on with 2 over 1. I will post a progress pic on the 8th since that will be one week of stitching since I started this monster. I know the next one that I do will definitely be done on 18 count. These teeny tiny stitches are killing me lol. Anyway, thanks for everything and happy stitching.
WIP HAEDs
Couch Dragon
Fall Fairy
Hush Little Horsie
Fauna
Gandalf at Bag End
QS Mystic Garden
Mini Water Dragon
Mini Midnight Secrets
SK Trick or Treat

NinjaBetty

Re: Update Lady Of The Woods

Post by NinjaBetty »

Okay so this is my first update after two weeks of stitching my very first HAED. I am probably the world's slowest stitcher but that's okay. Here is what it will look like when it's done hopefully.

Here is what I have done after two weeks.

Hopefully I posted these correctly.
WIP HAEDs
Couch Dragon
Fall Fairy
Hush Little Horsie
Fauna
Gandalf at Bag End
QS Mystic Garden
Mini Water Dragon
Mini Midnight Secrets
SK Trick or Treat

coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: You posted them perfectly. Great start too. This is going to be so much fun to watch as you progress and the animals and the figures start to appear. :applesauce:

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Rose

Post by Rose »

Oh isn't she pretty!!!!! :applesauce:
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

This project is beautiful!!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Raine

Post by Raine »

What a wonderful start! :applesauce:
My blog: http://ravelldsleave.blogspot.com/

Finished in 2014 ~
By The Bay Needleart 2012 Mystery SAL
We Love Dogs
Warm Winter Woolens
BizzieLizzie

Post by BizzieLizzie »

Great start!! :applesauce: :applesauce: There's already an amazing amount of detail in there - can't wait to see this one develop! :D
Sew many patterns, sew little time!

WIP
HAED Drawing Room
HAED Stitchers Retreat
Lion Profile
Coniferous Forest

suleigh

Post by suleigh »

:applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce: looking good :D
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

woah! that design is amazing!!! Great start! :applesauce:
Faith
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

What a wonderful project :applesauce: :applesauce: Don't worry about how fast you are going, the main thing is that you are enjoying it :)
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
NinjaBetty

Post by NinjaBetty »

Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. Hubby said the same thing when I said I was going so slow. He asked if I was enjoying it and I said oh of course and he said then that's all that matters :) I just hate frogging so I am trying to be really careful about putting the right colour in the right place but I still end up making a boo boo sometimes. Plus the confetti may just kill me on this one lol. I can't wait for some big blocks of the same colour but I don't see that happening with this one. Anyway, I love it and I'm glad I found this forum where everyone is so helpful and motivating :D
WIP HAEDs
Couch Dragon
Fall Fairy
Hush Little Horsie
Fauna
Gandalf at Bag End
QS Mystic Garden
Mini Water Dragon
Mini Midnight Secrets
SK Trick or Treat

Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Confetti does try the patience of us all! :( But this is a wonderful start. :applesauce:
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

Great start, it looks wonderful!
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons