Show Your Stitchy Spot

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Corey.G

Show Your Stitchy Spot

Post by Corey.G »

Hey everyone. I would like to see everyone's set up of their favourite place to stitch.

Here's mine. Got a loveseat, but both seats recline right back, it's really comfy, right in front of the tv in our living room. Our tiny living room, in our tiny apartment, lol. And behind it I have my lamp, and I usually have my hoop in hand, and all my supplies are right on the floor beside me, and my scissors stay on the arm rest.

Forgot my pic:
Last edited by Corey.G on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rcperryls

Re: Show you're Stitchy Spot

Post by rcperryls »

Sounds like a cozy place. Everyone gets a peek at the mess that is mine most everytime I post a picture with my feline assistant. Its at the dining room table and as I started to describe all the different things around me that hold stash and charts and color keys it confused even me. :oops: One day I might take a picture of what else is there but I'll probably need a :wine: or two to be willing to show it. Suffice it to say, its turned into a cozy little messy little stitching nook of sorts right next to the kitchen with tv/dvd player and iPod close at hand.

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

I just described mine today on another thread, but I actually stitch sitting on the floor, back against the sofa, with my chart (and needle case, scissors and highlighter) to my right on top of the coffee table, a pillow on my lap to support my work (I work in hand, never had a stand), boxes of bobbin to my left on the floor, and my small table with my organizers and all of my stash further to left, at an arm's length.

My kitties are usually sleeping behind my head on the sofa. :wink:
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Corey you have seen my stitchy spot on the top balcony behind the palm trees. If anyone else wants to see its on about page 3 of the SAL. Just heading out there to cool off with a cold drink of water.

Sally

I thought I had better post a pic of my stitchy spot on the upstairs verandah where I get a lovely cool breeze - we are 5 min from the Tasman Sea/Pacific Ocean

Sally.
Last edited by Squirrel on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
pattiebelle

Post by pattiebelle »

i just got my new stitchy spot this weekend...

still setting it up, but it's gonna work just fine :D
pattiebelle

"Gratitude is memory of the heart" (Jean-Baptiste Massieu)
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That looks so comfortable pattiebelle - although I think I would fall asleep in it rather than stitching. Love that clock too.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I have a recliner chair which I spend much of the day in, I have my lowery frame to one side which holds my scissors and other things, my chart is on a magnetic holder and the rest of my stuff sits down the gap between chair and wall, and I have a small table and shelves by the wall. It's in the living room and in front of the tv, I always stitch with the tv on or audio books on. At this time of day when I do the rounds of the interweb, I usually have a labradoodle on my lap!

I have a cat or a lurcher!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

I want your stitchy spot pattiebelle! :D Mine is basically the arm of our sofa and that's only because I can't be bothered to pack all the threads away for my SQ each night. With a 1 year old around the house though, I can't really have too much of a stitchy spot - at least not if I don't want any *assistance* in organising my projects :lol:
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

This was in my Starry Night thread
Faith
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

cozy. Faith, you have a great expression in that photo.

Carole
:roll:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fullnovembermoon

Post by fullnovembermoon »

Uh I'll take a pic as soon as it's fit to be seen. I stitch at my desk, where I have a lazyboy chair. My computer desk is my catch all for any and everything I swear. It has good lighting both natural and artificial which is good but I'm a terrible pack rat. I have stacks of things everywhere. I finally moved an old dresser into the living room to keep all my stitchy stuff in it and sadly it doesn't all fit. One of these days I'll go through it all and destash a huge bit since my tastes have changed. I love seeing all the pics of others stitchy spots. Inspires me to clean up the mess of mine!..lol
Rose

Post by Rose »

I had to take 2 pictures to show the full affect. My chair and to my right is my floor standing daylight lamp. It has a tray for floss and also an attachment for my magnifier. Then to the left I have my chart holder, this was a hoop stand but I could never get comfortable using it. I did not want it to just sit around so hubby cut me a piece of metal that I clipped in and now my charts are at eye level. Just in front of the stand is my folding wooden table that I have a basket on to hold my floss boxes (I usually have 2-4 projects on the go all at the same time so I need muliple areas for my floss) any charts and my projects when I am not stitching them. It is also long enough to hold my DVD player that I use to play my books on CD. Just under the table is the other small basket that I use for my garbage.

Image Image
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
destructiveernie

Post by destructiveernie »

My stitchy spot is just on end of the sofa with everything spread out on the seat next to me.

It all gets packed away at the end of every stitchy session so my daughter can't get to it.
Emma

WIP:
HAED Faery Tales
Tilton Crafts - MCM Olde Worlde Map
HAED QS Lady Bug
Ink Circles The Bramble and the Rose
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED Butterfly Wood
HAED SAL Teddy Bear Tree
Lucy - Charted by Skitzzzz
Arianwen

Post by Arianwen »

my stitchy spot changes. Usually its the end of my bed though. I put pillows behind me to recline on and spread my things out around me. I have a box that I store my current projects in and I use that to rest my charts on. I usually rest the top edge of my hoop or qsnap on the edge too so that I can stitch two handed if I want to.

My stitching gets packed away at the end of each session so that my mum doesn't come in and see what I'm doing (my current project is for her and she wants it to be a surprise) and so that my cats don't play with my threads.

I love seeing everyone elses spots!
Current WIP's

HAED What Lies beneath Dakota Daetwiler
Disney Dreams The little mermaid / Fantasia by MCG textiles/Thomas kinkade

Spinning/wool craft
Ramie in toureg/sunrise
Heather Mulberry Silk in 'Gladys
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

destructiveernie wrote:My stitchy spot is just on end of the sofa with everything spread out on the seat next to me.

It all gets packed away at the end of every stitchy session so my daughter can't get to it.
:lol: I have a tendency to take over the whole couch as well! Drives hubby mad
Faith
debupnorth

Post by debupnorth »

Here's my stitching spot in a corner by the side door out to the deck (which we don't use very often).
On the right side of the chair is the Ott light, small table to hold floss-in-use, markers, thread ends, calculator, rulers & other misc odds & ends. My scissors are "chained" to the arm of the chair. Under the table are boxes with some current WIPs, notebooks, charts I'm thinking about doing & plastic bag with 12 Days of Christmas charts. Footstool in front usually holds tray of floss for the current project (in this case there are 3 of them stacked up) - the pillow is so I can put my feet up without disturbing the stuff stacked there. On the left is the treadmill that I should really use more often than I do! If I really want to watch TV while stitching, I'll move to the couch where I have a small portable Ott light - this isn't very often.
Image [/url] Image

The closet & bookshelf are side by side, about 5 feet from my chair. Among miscellaneous office supplies, the closet holds the drawers for my floss, hooks for hand dyeds & is a convenient place to pile fabrics I've stitched some ornaments on but want to do more before cutting a row off. On the floor (which doesn't show in the photo) is also a seperate box of alphabet/ABC charts I want to stitch as ornaments. The top 3 shelves of the bookcase hold my cross stitching charts, books & magazines. The bottom shelves hold some of my alphabet book collection. Fabrics are stored in a large box in my sewing room.
Last edited by debupnorth on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deb

Currently stitching:
Twelve Days of Christmas, Vanessa-Ann Collection 1991
The Prairie Schooler annual Santa's 1984-2012
BookNerd

Post by BookNerd »

debupnorth wrote: Image[/url]Image

The closet & bookshelf are side by side, about 5 feet from my chair. Among miscellaneous office supplies, the closet holds the drawers for my floss, hooks for hand dyeds & is a convenient place to pile fabrics I've stitched some ornaments on but want to do more before cutting a row off. On the floor (which doesn't show in the photo) is also a seperate box of alphabet/ABC charts I want to stitch as ornaments. The top 3 shelves of the bookcase hold my cross stitching charts, books & magazines. The bottom shelves hold some of my alphabet book collection. Fabrics are stored in a large box in my sewing room.
Oh my goodness. Look at all those magazines & charts!! :drool:

I love seeing everyone's stitchy spots!! I don't have any pics at the moment, but I'll try to take some later.

I have 2 stitchy spots. One is the couch, which has recliners on both sides... the other is a lounge type chair. I prefer the couch because it gives me more room, at least until the animals decide to invade. :P
WIP:
~ HAED Amethyst Fairy
~ AAN Skull Banner
~ HAED Mini Sunflower Cottage
~ Bramble and The Rose
~ Woodland Vines
~ Rosetta

Finished:
~ custom design
debupnorth

Post by debupnorth »

Thanks booknerd :) , I didn't know how to seperate the side-by-side photos, but I see now. I sure learn a lot in this forum!
Deb

Currently stitching:
Twelve Days of Christmas, Vanessa-Ann Collection 1991
The Prairie Schooler annual Santa's 1984-2012
natural_isis

Post by natural_isis »

First up is my reading, knitting, crocheting, sewing chair. Next is my cross stitch corner. It's not normally such a tight squeeze, but I just set up a quilting project next to it. The quilting project above my hoop is just blocking the pattern. I pin several pages of my current project to a piece of foam core and set it on the easel so that I can work across several pages at once.
I refuse to show the closet where my stash is kept as I fear questions about my sanity and the delusions that I obviously have about life expectancy.

Love seeing everyone's spaces!
Wips: Sadness of an Angel-Haed, Flower Girl- Haed, Bookworm Fairy- Haed, Ghost of A Rose- Haed, Babysitting- Haed, Red Tulips- Mystic Stitch, Pompiean Lady- Haed
BookNerd

Post by BookNerd »

BookNerd wrote:
I have 2 stitchy spots. One is the couch, which has recliners on both sides... the other is a lounge type chair. I prefer the couch because it gives me more room, at least until the animals decide to invade. :P
As promised, here is one of my stitchy spots. I might have spoke too soon when I said the couch is my favorite. I do love my chair, complete with Packers plush blanket. :P On the right is an organizer I bought a few months ago for my stash.

WIP:
~ HAED Amethyst Fairy
~ AAN Skull Banner
~ HAED Mini Sunflower Cottage
~ Bramble and The Rose
~ Woodland Vines
~ Rosetta

Finished:
~ custom design