Won't be around much Update 3/31

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Busy_B

Won't be around much Update 3/31

Post by Busy_B »

Hey everyone! I've been a little quiet lately due to life getting in the way. I've still been stitching, but lost a lot of computer time due to other obligations. Now my stitching and computer time will decrease even more. I have been hired for a full-time bank teller position. I haven't worked a full-time in about 10 years so it will definitely be a change for our family. I'm hoping the kids will adjust well.

Soccer season is also getting ready to start in the next couple of weeks, and DH and I are on the board and coaches. So, we'll easily be spending 6 out of 7 days at the fields. I'll pop in when I can and try to update when I have progress. I'll try to put updates on my Wizard, Feed My Sheep, and Canyon Flight tonight after the party and kids are in bed.
Last edited by Busy_B on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
rcperryls

Re: Won't be around much :(

Post by rcperryls »

Congratulations on your new job and yes your stitching and computer time will be definitely less with all the busy things that a "Busy-B" will have going on. I hope you will pop in occasionally to let us know how you are doing. I know when my grandchildren are busy with sports and school that it just takes all the extra time that you have, especially if you are coaching them.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
SusanF

Post by SusanF »

Good luck with the new job - it sounds like you are certainly going to be busy now. I do hope you can find time to drop in occasionally and let us know how you are getting on :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:
Susan

My Stitchy blog: SF Stitch
(updated 16th April 2010)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Great news about the job and I bet you will be surprised how quickly the kids adjust.

Hope the soccer season goes well.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Solitaire

Post by Solitaire »

Congratulations on the new job, hope you get a little "me time"
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:dance: Congratulations on the new job and I am sure that you and everyone else will settle down to the new routines in short order. Sad abut less time for stitching and computers but you will get it back one day.

Hope your soccer season goes well too. Soccer (and other winter sports) are just starting downunder - soccer, rugby, Aussie Rules footy etc are all winter games as is outdoor netball.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

Congratulations on the new job :applesauce: :applesauce: I know what you mean about less me time, really feel this now am back at work myself, but hopefully things will settle down quickly and you'll be able to work out a little me time in the midst of everything else.
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
Cecilia

Post by Cecilia »

Congratulations on your new job :applesauce: . I hope you can pop in to see us from time to time. :)
Completed 2017: Anniversary Sampler by The Sweetheart Tree

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain. Shakespeare
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Congratulations on the new job!! :applesauce: :applesauce: We will miss you, of course, but I hope you won't forget to check in to the Stash & Grab and tell us all your news when you have a moment. Good luck!! :shamrock:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Congratulations on the new job!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Congratulations on the job and good for you and DH being coaches! My parents were always involved in my sports and it meant a lot. We'll be here when you have time to get back on!
Busy_B

Re: Won't be around much Update 3/31

Post by Busy_B »

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't stopped in to chat before this. I do stop in every once in a while to see what's going on, but I don't log on at work.

The new job is going okay. I've finished the training and the week and a half at the training branch. I've been at my home branch for 2 days. Not quite as welcoming as the training branch, but they're all nice. In the 2 days I've been there, I've had 3 customers that I knew (one I went to elementary school with, my son's former teacher, and one of the refs for our soccer club). Unfortunately I haven't had any time in the last 3 weeks to stitch. :cry: Once I get home from work and have dinner, we either have to head to the soccer fields or I'm on the computer until after 10 working on soccer or PTO stuff. :ratherbe: I was originally hoping that once soccer season started I'd have time to stitch, but we'll be at the fields at least 6 days a week. I need to find time to stitch, but my mom and I have also gotten 3 orders for wedding cakes coming up.

I hope to be showing progress on projects soon.
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

a hectic schedule by the sounds of it but glad that the job is working out well.

Sally
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

Shame about the downturn in stitchy time :ratherbe: but glad that the new job is going ok. :wub:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Sounds like you are the Busy Bee right now. I'm glad to hear that the new job is working out well. Kid's activities seem to take over when "the season" starts. Hope you'll get some stitching time in, if only so that you have a little bit of "me" time too. We know you are there even if you don't get many chances to check in. Let us know now and then, though, how you are doing.

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mabel Figworthy

Glad the new job is working out! But what a shame about your busy busy schedule :-(

Dare I suggest that the children will not develop life-long complexes if they are not on the soccer field six days a week? Or -- if the problem is that you are organising everything -- that perhaps other parents could share the load and take on a bit of the organising? Don't let them grow complacent and count on it that you'll do the lot -- after all, if you burn out with all this, you won't be able to do anything for them!

Good luck on the cakes too
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Dare I suggest that the children will not develop life-long complexes if they are not on the soccer field six days a week? Or -- if the problem is that you are organising everything -- that perhaps other parents could share the load and take on a bit of the organising? Don't let them grow complacent and count on it that you'll do the lot -- after all, if you burn out with all this, you won't be able to do anything for them!
If only we could get more parents to step up. DH coaches both kids' teams (I'm the assistant, but mainly do the paperwork/e-mails to keep everyone updated). So, that takes up most of the schedule--practices Monday for both kids, Wednesday for DS. Games for DD on Thursdays and saturday mornings. DS plays some Fridays, most Saturdays, and one Sunday. Most Tuesdays I'm working the concession stand (I am the coordinator for that) so the kids don't have to be there Tuesday nights. We were scrambling for coaches as badly as seasons past so that helped, but we do have record enrollment so there is a lot to coordinate with volunteers since every family has to either volunteer to help with the fields or in the concession stand. If they don't or can't volunteer, then they have to pay a buy-out fee.

Usually all of this isn't that big of a deal. I'm just realizing how much I really did get done during the day even when I felt like I wasn't getting anything done.
Lessa54

Post by Lessa54 »

Great that the new job is going well, but shame about the lack of stitchy time. My hubby volunteers to organise things in our local community so I feel for you with the difficulty in getting more volunteers.

Still, not that I'm enabling or anything.... :lol: , new job and enforced lack of stitchy time during soccer could = stash treat for end of soccer season? :D
WIP
Rose Window
SQ Sunday afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte - pgs 1-3 complete
HAED Curl up with a Good Book
Around the World in 80 Stitches - pts 1-12 complete
Mabel's SOTW - Jan-June complete
HAED BB Sal
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

:shock: That is some schedule.. I think a treat after the season is over is a great idea!
Faith
Mabel Figworthy

I second the treat-after-the-season!!!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page