Women of the mayflower pattern

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

psdumas

Post by psdumas »

hey all from the jersey shore...

I have been fruitlessly looking for Women of the Mayflower pattern by Sarah ullman..

I have found that it was only available in Fine lines magazne back in Spring 2004.... very hard to find..next to impossible.

If anyone can help.. i would be most appreciative..

i don't have a big cross stitch library yet.. but, i have tons of knittng items to exchange...just ask..

thanks to one and all..

pat
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Hi Pat, One of the other places that you might look into is Plimoth Plantation. (I think I spelled it right, not Plymoth as in Rock though it is where the where the Pilgrams set up camp. It's a living museum, really great place to visit. I know they sponsor lace exhibits and demos so they may have access to that pattern.
Alyson
psdumas

Post by psdumas »

thanks, alyson..

I have checked there as well....i went to Boston university, and got a chance to visit the plantaion years ago.. amazing.... in the old days, they let ya check everything out unattended... same with louisa may allcotts house-- orchard house, in Concord..as a young college student, i was given carte blanc to go and wander in the house by a nice older lady-- before it was on the historic register..being in Jo's room (louisa's) was a heart flutterer..

thanks again for helpin out.... much appreciated.

pat
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

The only other thing I could think of then was the magazine itself. They may have back issues you can buy.
psdumas

Post by psdumas »

thanks again, Alyson..

I have tried that.. the magazine went defunct some time ago...
In fact, the owner of the Historic Needlework Guild just dropped the ball on it suddenly one year without telling any of its members...I've seen some angry posts online..

So..there is absolutely no one to contact abouot back issues.. it all just disappeared,.,.'

I have tried everything.. but... hey... there are other problems in the worrld bigger than my little obsession..

Many thanks for helpin..Pat
lacemaker2004

Post by lacemaker2004 »

Okay, now you've challenged me.

Is this the one that you are talking about? Maybe she would share or give you ideas about the designer.

http://carolsxsblog.blogspot.com/2006/1 ... s-for.html
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Welcome, psdumas, and I hope you are able to contact the stitcher lacemaker has found. The sample is lovely.

Small world department: my father was born in Jersey Shore. :shock: