Freebies found

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

backafteradozenyrs

Freebies found

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

I'm a NOTORIOUS serial starter....so why not let it bleed over into the forums? I've found a few freebie charts lately (Kreinek for one) and thought it might be a good thread to start.

Here's another (funny, but it's another thread company) site with quite a few freebies:

http://caron-net.com/03specialclass.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

edited to add: the Kreinek one from before (except this is to ALL their freebies, not just cross stitch charts):

http://www.kreinik.com/kshop/home.php?cat=28" target="_blank
Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
nachosmiley

Re: Freebies found

Post by nachosmiley »

I saw another thread of yours called unusual petterns, well I have this set downloaded which is both a freebie AND unusual! I'm planning on making it into an afghan at some point......dunno when :lol:

http://www.inthecompanyoffriends.com/A% ... phabet.htm
W.I.P.
My Altair chart 66.11%
Chatelaine Mystery XV-Deep Blue Sea 6/12
HAED Mini Fairy Book 43.55%
HAED Lady in the Meadow 13.07%
Finishes
Duality
Zelda valentine
Beware of the DM
HAED SK Oak King
Magic Dragon
XandraS

Post by XandraS »

Passione Ricamo has loads of lovely freebies
XandraS...
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

This is an updated site...we used it once to stitch Cows for a quilt that was being pieced together for a special care baby unit.

Some of the 'newbies' may not have seen it. It's in French but there are language symbols at the top of the page. Also Cross stitch is Universal language!!! :lol: :lol: Click on 'Grilles gratuit'

http://lesmarottesdenath.free.fr/index.php?doc=1" target="_blank" target="_blank
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Amazing charts on some of these. That alphabet is really different, Nacho. It would make an amazing afghan, but it might be a little creepy to try to take a nap under it. :roll: I have bookmarked a few of the websites now, as if I needed more charts (even free ones), but I love looking at them even if I don't download any.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

There are a ridiculous amount of freebies around if you know where to look! Just think of a thread manufacturer or designer, check their website and they usually have some freebies about - I've got squillons saved to my hard drive!

A recent find of mine that I'm sure many of you already know is Broderie.net - they have 2 small freebies a week and if you subscribe to their weekly emails they also include another freebie in the email.

Cyberstitchers is another one (thanks to Karen for pointing me in the direction of that one!) and if you like your speciality stitches try The Drawn Thread, Chatelaine, Teresa Wentzler, Victoria Sampler and a recent favourite of mine Olga Maxden's Blog (you may need google translate for this one unless you are fluent in Russian :D !)

Another free digital stitching magazine that I have discovered is Das Stickcafe Magazin which has only been published since the start of this year (3 issues so far). It's in German, but once you've got a pattern infront of you cross stitch is a pretty universal language I think! The current issue is always free, back copies are charged at 2,49 euros. This quarter's issue has a lovely blackwork design my Elizabeth Almond that I plan on doing and last quarter's had a lovely drawn thread piece by Loopy Lou Designs which I also have plans for! All in all well worth getting your head around some German for as far as I was concerned!

I could go on about all the freebies I've found....... @rotfl:
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Wandatoo

Post by Wandatoo »

This site has a few lovely freebies, but they're not in a special section. You just 'happen' upon them. I've stitched two or three.

Here's one

http://www.wiehenburg.de/8.html

and here's another

http://www.wiehenburg.de/3.html
Wandatoo

"Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you."
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

This topic is great to have--I've lost all of my bookmarks for the freebies when I had to replace my pc last month!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much :dance: :dance:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

backafteradozenyrs

Post by backafteradozenyrs »

Karen, so glad I could ena...HELP you! :lol:

I :wub: that French site & laughed so hard at the pirate graphic, that I stole it to post here:

Diana
WIP
Rejoice in Today Rooster=Stoney Creek
White Dorkings=Leisure Arts
White Wedding-Ellen Maurer-Stroh

Finished Masterpieces:
His Name Is Jesus
Never too old for teddy
Turn off the water sign
Debbies bookmark
mags

Post by mags »

Rose started a sticky thread here where we have previously put all our internet links - shopping and freebies that is well worth looking through and adding to. :D
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Diana,that is a great picture.
and mags, thank you. I don't think I ever explored that thread on websites. There are so many new places to spend my money!

Carole
:shock:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker