HAED Last Look face finished!!!

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

Fizzbw

HAED Last Look face finished!!!

Post by Fizzbw »

Feeling horrible last night so I made myself feel better by buying this HAED, and kitting it up from my stash. Then I realised that the material was too small so ordered some more from So and Sew, then realised that I'd just forgotten that the measurements were actually ok, so I have a spare bit of Oslo coming.....

I'm doing it on 22 count Oslo as 25 is just not fun for me. It's the second HAED I've started, but I jettisoned the first as I hated 25 count tent stitch. Hence the 22 count now. So does anyone know how much more floss I will need? I'm not too worried if I can kit a HAED out of my stash......

Anyhoo, I have no idea why this one drew me, it's one that was in the latest Bingo, which I am most grateful for. It may be that I am reading (audio) the Anita Blake stories (before she gets a manic* you-know-what) and it reminds me. But who am I to complain when something calls...

*eta I actually meant magic, but manic works just as well... :roll:

My start from last night:

Now, I can stitch very neatly on 14/28 16/32 count but when we get to 18 even or 22 count I can't. I'm using 2 over one, full cross, is this just inevitable? I don't care too too much but it does frustrate me at times. It might be inevitable being a cross country stitcher as well.

See:

Did not mean to start a new WIP especially a BAP, but hey, I needed to feel better!!

Niki xxx
Last edited by Fizzbw on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Re: HAED Last Look

Post by rcperryls »

:applesauce: :applesauce: What a gorgeous chart and lady she is. I think you have made a great start. I have done one HAED on 22ct but am pretty sure that was 1 over 1 full crosses. I think the way I stitch 2 over 1 full crosses just became too bulky, but I think it works well for most people. Looks to me like you are getting good coverage. I am a confirmed cross country stitcher (cannot get the hang of parking so don't even try now). I am not surprised that this helped you feel better. Especially when it required a bit of stash enhancement also. I am looking forward to watching your progress!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

I just can't bear show through, especially given the amount of black on this one. I've done a project on 22count that I did 2 over 1 for some parts and 2 over 1 half stitch for the rest. The 2 over 1 bit did get quite thick but the confetti was ridiculous, far worse than anything on the HAED and I coped ok for that.

Fingers crossed. At the end of the day I'm enjoying it now and that's what counts isn't it!

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Fizzbw wrote: Fingers crossed. At the end of the day I'm enjoying it now and that's what counts isn't it!

Niki xxx
Absolutely!!

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Great start! It looks good to me.
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Love the design!!! You've made a wonderful start on it!! :applesauce: :applesauce:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Fizzbw wrote:
Fingers crossed. At the end of the day I'm enjoying it now and that's what counts isn't it!

Niki xxx
Exactly!! And your start looks fine to me. The design is really pretty...haunting and calming at the same time, which is interesting,
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

lovely!
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
LadyS

Post by LadyS »

Great start!! :applesauce:

I hope the 2 x 1 full on 22 ct doesn't become too bulky, for me I think it would as on 18 ct in confetti heavy areas it already does. Did you think about going 3 x 1 tent?
Laura (aka lsschwartz on HAED BB)

WIPs
Krystal (HAED)
Middle Earth Map (HAED)
Snowman&Friends Stocking (Dimensions)
12 Days of Christmas SAL
Little One (Dimensions)
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Beautiful start Niki on a gorgeous chart! Your stitching looks beautiful to me - but I know what you mean about being really happy with how your stitching looks on a certain count of fabric!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

great start Niki! :applesauce: Kitting up and starting a new project is a great therapy isn't it?
Your stitching looks fine to me, but I also understand what you mean.. I am trying to decide how to stitch on a piece of 20 ct hand dyed and I am not quite sure how I will end up yet :doh:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

Thanks guys. Yes it's great therapy!
So far I'm finding 2 over 1 cross stitch ok on this 22 count, maybe it's because it's Oslo rather than hardanger? I'm even finding left empty stitches are ok to stitch. My one issue with it ATM is that I can't start and stop with a pin head stitch! So I'm back to flipping the frame.....

My main issue with coverage is when I come to the black, even using anchor black rather than DMC I would still be worried about show through using 1 over 1 or even 3 tent. I did try itout on a spare corner of the fabric and was happiest with 2 over 1.

My only complaint so far is that the pages are really big!! I think I may be going to the photocopy shop to get them enlarged as I can't figure out how to do that on my home printer!!

I was so fast with kiting this up and starting that I didn't take the time to zig zag the sides! That will be done later today.

Is it just me but even with an easy clip frame I hate putting fabric on the darn things??

Niki xxx

Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

Great start Niki!
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
vanessanjf

Post by vanessanjf »

Gorgeous project :wub: You have made a great start :applesauce: :applesauce: :applesauce:
Vanessa

A little progress every day adds up to big results

WIP
The adoration of the kings- Golden kite completed
Sarah Gixxer

Post by Sarah Gixxer »

This is a beautiful picture and what a perfect way to make yourself feel better! Looking forward to seeing more updates :)
CURRENT WIPs
HAEDs - Bubble Telescope, Floatilla, Rainbow Embrace, Ray of Light, Iron Dragon, Newport Lighthouse
Fractal 239 Aero Chocolate
Carole

Post by Carole »

Ooh, she is a bit Anita Blake -like, isn't she. Lovely project :)

Great start on it too :applesauce:
Current WIPs
Precious Dreams
Crazy cat lady
Previous WIPs
Previous WIPs

Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

Chocolate and new start are the best things to make you feel better. :D
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
fccs

Post by fccs »

Pengwenn wrote:Chocolate and new start are the best things to make you feel better. :D
Agree.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
tiffstitch

Post by tiffstitch »

Lovely start and I don't think it looks crowded or bulky. :applesauce: Glad it's behaving for you.
Mrs Milkybar Kid

Post by Mrs Milkybar Kid »

Fizzbw wrote:
My only complaint so far is that the pages are really big!! I think I may be going to the photocopy shop to get them enlarged as I can't figure out how to do that on my home printer!!
I don't know what devices/OS you have, but if you are viewing the chart in Adobe Reader then you can enlarge your chart and print it to the size you want (regardless of your printer) using the snapshot tool in adobe - that is what I used to do for all my Chats and HAEDs, now I just stitch everything from my iPad!

Glad you are feeling better!
Amanda

Band Sampler (SANQ)
Elle Brodes des Lettres Carmin (Reflets de Soie)
Alice (Aury TM)
Mini Tears of Yesterday (HAED)
Miss Cherry Blossom (Mirabilia)

Instagram @mrsmilkybarkidstitches