Nearly caused a riot!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

topbiddy

Nearly caused a riot!

Post by topbiddy »

I came home from shopping a couple of days ago and hub shouted 'I am upstairs' So being a nice wife and thinking he must be doing something really useful for me I made him a cup of tea and sliced him a piece of cake and went upstairs for a cheery hello.
For those of you who of a nervous disposition.... dont read on. My dearest was sat in the spare room surrounded by my treasured, long collected, adored, cherished.....even if rather large.........pile of cross stitch magazines and...... I can hardly bear to say it shredding machine.... our large one... the one that takes three or four pages in one go :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:
I almost dropped his cuppa in his lap....man was I ever livid. He managed to put out my smoke and tried to explain that he had ' taken out all the patterns and charts he thought I might want to keep' and thought the rest of the mag would be better recycled.............its his latest thing..... throwing things away!!!!!
He was really nonplussed at my horror and my verbal onslaught that followed. I mean I have been married to this man for over thirty years... what was he thinking.. it was sacrilege arrhhhhhhhhhhh. THEN, he said he has been doing it for a couple of weeks a few odd minutes at a time and he produced two very thick folders of magazines cross stitch charts... all very nicely filed and in order. That was going to be a surprise for me..........Oh yeah, like that was going to please me :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I wanted my mags back. I have been collecting them for years and I am very very cross....( I have printed the version of my feelings that won't be sensored) THEN he said, 'don't be so daft, they are only magazines :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: Only magazines :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: WHAT planet does he live on. Well, I can tell you it took awhile to calm down. Very frosty in my house that evening it was and when I think about it now I could still give him a swift kick somewhere. MEN :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: please spare me!!!
Any ideas for a sweet revenge?
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Nearly caused a riot!

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Oh my goodness! Read this to DH and his first reaction was "when's the divorce going through"....
I wouldn't take it quite that far, but what a shame that he tried to "surprise" you in this way, and after all those years :-(
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
bookknurd

Post by bookknurd »

Oh my goodness. I can't even imagine what I would have done. I mean, I guess his heart was in the right place?

Yeah, I'd still be mad, too.

You might want to think twice before seeking revenge. If you injure him, I'm not sure if they let you cross stitch in jail. :P
**Signature Under Construction**
(will update soon with current WIPs and other info :dance: )
Evedeve

Post by Evedeve »

Sounds like his tools (or insert whatever collection) need a good boot sale clear out....two birds one stone....revenge and stash money ;)
Heather
Blog: http://savouryintoxication.blogspot.com/

WIP:
Cigar box image
Table cloth
Old Dimensions Oriental stitch
God of War II
Smalls
mags

Post by mags »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
Fizzbw

Post by Fizzbw »

OMG!!! Even my dad understands the sacrilege!!!! OMG. OMG.

And I expect he thought you'd be pleased and touched by the file of charts??

Much like the time my sister stopped the recording of the most amazing Betfair Chase to change to some low grade handicap hurdle at Chepstow.....mad, I was MAD!!!

At least my folks know my mags are sacrosanct.

I hope you recover soon.

Niki xxx
Needle minders and grime guards etc https://www.facebook.com/CirrusCreations" target="_blank" target="_blank

WIP: Last Look HAED
Kauto Star by Skitzzzz
Coming Home SQ
Time and season sampler
cHristamas village
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Carole
:shock:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

rcperryls wrote: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Carole
That pretty much sums up my thoughts too!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

karen4bells wrote:

Carole
Me three :evil: :shock: :tantrum:
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
Stitchinkitty

Post by Stitchinkitty »

The term "justifiable homicide" comes to mind.
I told my DH and he said he would not be game to even think about it,that was after a few unprintable words about the idiot husband.
Marilyn in SE Queensland

"People who hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mmoorhouse" target="_blank" target="_blank"
fccs

Post by fccs »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Oh my goodness! Read this to DH and his first reaction was "when's the divorce going through"....
Fizzbw wrote:OMG!!! Even my dad understands the sacrilege!!!! OMG. OMG.
jocellogirl wrote:
karen4bells wrote:

Carole
Me three :evil: :shock: :tantrum:
My thoughts exactly.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
cairee

Post by cairee »

:faint:

I am absoultely astounded!
make him replace every single one he shredded, and buy you chocolates and flowers and stash. when thats done perhaps you wont feel like putting him through the shredder.
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

cairee wrote: :faint:

make him replace every single one he shredded, and buy you chocolates and flowers and stash. when thats done perhaps you wont feel like putting him through the shredder.
@rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl:
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

karen4bells wrote:
cairee wrote: :faint:

@rotfl: @rotfl: @rotfl:
@rotfl: @rotfl:

Carole
:lol:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Parksfarm

Post by Parksfarm »

Oh my - what planet does he live on??? I can't imagine my hubby even contemplating doing that... I think I would take a garbage can out to his shop and start tossing if he ever did, lol. :doh:
Dana

WIPs

HAEDS
Lovers, Christmas Fairy, Goblins Fae Guide, Autumn Pears, Ride the Wind, Chimera Black Rose, Surfers Dream, Witching Hour, QS Nostlagy, Lg Treasure Hunt Bookshelf, Owen

Chatelaine
Konstantinople Hamam, Serengeti, Alpine Seasons
Rose

Post by Rose »

Wow you are all pretty harsh with this man. Send him over to my house and he can go through my mags. I started to do this same thing a couple months back. I did save the patterns I will never do so if some one asks for one I will have it available. They ar all in manila folders in subject groups.

The ones I want are in plastic sleeves in binders in subject groups and the rest of the mags are in the bin.

I think it is a great surprise and commend him for his thoughtfulness. I wish my hubby would do that.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Mystonique

Post by Mystonique »

Just goes to prove one man's trash is definitely another woman's treasure.

But it's equally bad when everyone in the house is a hoarder - no room for anything and can't part with anything and need new stuff.
Myst..
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

Funny just tonight DH was getting a fire going and couldnt find paper he turned and picked up my jcs ornament issue that is tabbed mind you and said can i use this...then giggled and said am joking...i think he saw my face and claimed the joke. I think your DHs heart was in the rightbplace...but still
cairee

Post by cairee »

Rose wrote:Wow you are all pretty harsh with this man. Send him over to my house and he can go through my mags. I started to do this same thing a couple months back. I did save the patterns I will never do so if some one asks for one I will have it available. They ar all in manila folders in subject groups.

The ones I want are in plastic sleeves in binders in subject groups and the rest of the mags are in the bin.

I think it is a great surprise and commend him for his thoughtfulness. I wish my hubby would do that.
I think it would be different if she had asked him to do it
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
stitchingmae

Post by stitchingmae »

cairee wrote:
Rose wrote:Wow you are all pretty harsh with this man. Send him over to my house and he can go through my mags. I started to do this same thing a couple months back. I did save the patterns I will never do so if some one asks for one I will have it available. They ar all in manila folders in subject groups.

I think it would be different if she had asked him to do it
Then it wouldnt be a surprise...just work...lol
I really do think his heart was in right place...as for his they are just magazines...I can see my hubby replying with this if I were screaming aboit how bad his error was when he had been so excited about the surprise. If he had ill intent I dont think he would have worked so hard to save and file them he would have just *gasp* gotten rid of them all if all he shredded were the old adds...