Modern contemporary Chrismas design wanted!

Post your wanted list here

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

StitchingAgain

Modern contemporary Chrismas design wanted!

Post by StitchingAgain »

Ok... as most of you know I've been stitching my Christmas piccies... I know have encountered a problem... one of my moms friends... I have checked all my designs, and none of them suit her!

So... this is my plea... is there anyone that has a modern and contemporary Christmas design that I can borrow? It can not have any children, teddies, etc on it. Cute is out, funky is in! lol! Nothing traditional like flowers, snow scene or the stable scene. A funky Santa would be nice.
Rose

Post by Rose »

I found this site listed on one of the other threads recently since I was browsing just to see what they were talking about last moth and so on. Anyway I went to www.stitcherscloset.com and the have kits by Bent Creek if you scroll down the page a bit there are snow men in globes and winter wishes and I saw a couple santas also maybe some thing there will catch you eye. They seem a bit pricey but not sure how much you want to spend maybe if you found one it would give you an idea for your own pattern. Hope this helps
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Thank you for the link! They got some lovely designs... but alas, nothing that would be useful for my moms friends. The motifs are way to folk-arty (which again is a no-no), and besides they are all kits... and I only need a chart.
fairie56

funky christmas

Post by fairie56 »

let me see what I have in my stash. Will keep in touch!
purple-footprints

Post by purple-footprints »

Hi

Im not sure if its what you are after, but i have come across some nice designs which I am going to stitch myself. Not sure if they would be classed as funky tho.....
They are too complicated to describe, so i will try and get some pics.
What i liked about the designs, was that they use different threads which make them a bit more unusual. also they are all relative simple and smallish, so dont take a long time to stitch. I found all the threads at sewandso.

Im seeing a friend tomorrow with a digital camera, I will try and see if i can get some pics taken.
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

To StitchingAgainI have a pattern of a box of Christmas ornaments and in the last compartment there is a little mouse curled up in a ball sleeping. It is very colourful and funky/cute. I did it for my best friend and her kids loved it. Linda
Linda
fairie56

charts

Post by fairie56 »

I've sent a PM to you, Stitchingagain. If not, please e-mail. I have some charts you may like. :o
catkin

Post by catkin »

Haven't got any myself but have seen a couple of funky kits at sewandso One is Dolly Mamas 'Santa Define Naughty' and a few kits by Micheal Powell are different from the norm.

Joan
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

I'll be getting a really funky one in the mail, thanks to fairie! *hugs*
mauveme

Post by mauveme »

Dont forget to post a pic, I would like to know what a "funky chirstmas design" :?: :wink: looks likeLinda
Linda
purple-footprints

I have now managed to launch my gallery, I have included some christmas card designs i saw in a magazine. I dont know if they will be the sort of thing youre looking for, but have a look and let me know if they are of any use to you.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Thank you Purple, but I actually got them! lol! Seems we buy the same mags. Only problem with them is that they're too small, as I'm making all the stitching into pillows.
purple-footprints

yeah i think they say something along the lines of brilliant minds think alike..... :wink:
blackaraknia

Post by blackaraknia »

Hi Stitching Again. I have a picture of a Christmas snow globe if you would like a copy of that. I can photo copy and send you it in the mail. Get in touch with me if you want it.
StitchingAgain

Post by StitchingAgain »

Thank you for the offer, blackaraknia, but I'm nearly done already (and I love the design!!! Thank you so much, Ana Luisa!).

Hopefully my funky Christmas design will be done tonight (i only got some backstitch and single white stitches for snow left), and I'll post it in my gallery tomorrow!
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Can't wait! :!:
fairie56

Post by fairie56 »

oooo! the suspense...
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

You snuck her into your gallery without fanfare! (Guess the move had put it out of your mind?)

She's darling.
photostitcher

I wish

Post by photostitcher »

I wish I had found this website 2 weeks ago, not only did I sell my charts that I no longer wanted on e-bay, I threw out the others that didn't sell.

I was having a really big clear out.

:x
inuyashagirl

Post by inuyashagirl »

Lets makes this a lesson ladies NEVER throw away any pattern even if you think you will never need it as you never know who may like it!!! I have patterns that are 20 years old and keep thinking you never know it might make somebody a nice present some day.

Debbie