Serinde lives up to her name update 14 May 2024

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Re: Serinde lives up to her name update 30 Apr 2024

Post by Serinde »

And I was trying to find combinations of colours that might represent clouds. Colours are tricksy things: all you can hope for is to capture that one brief moment.
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

The middle one makes me think of a beach scene late evening, with the wooden piles of a breakwater in the foreground, the sea lapping at the beach in the middle, and then the dark sky with perhaps the silver gleam of moonlight in it, or the reflection of the last of the light from the sand.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

It could be all these things!

I'm now embarking on a Summer of Tapestry online course (runs until July, although the platform is available "forever"), and as it happens the theme this year is an exploration of colour. Serendipity, I call it.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

And because I am doing this online course, in preparation, I decided to divide all my tapestry wools into one of 24 colour categories and store them that way. Easier to find different colour palettes. (I purchased this useful thing years ago: https://www.handweavers.co.uk/ultimate- ... wolfrom.ir.) Well, the results surprised me, let's just say. No, not because I have SO MUCH tapestry wool from one company, although that's true. It's the preponderance of violets, blue-violets -- which includes shades down to midnight sky which appears nearly black -- and aqua-blue and turquoise blue/cyan with an equally boggling number of yellows, yellow-green, chartreuse, yellow-orange and orange-yellows (which include tints right down to oatmeal and stone). Broadly, these groups happen to be complementaries or (more usually) split complementaries of each other across the colour wheel. I thought I had more reds and red-violets, but I don't. Not to forget the greyscales (white, black, grey). I didn't "plan" any of this. Guess I know what my favourite colours are, eh. :lol:
Mabel Figworthy

Re: Serinde lives up to her name update 14 May 2024

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

That seems to be very clear!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page