June Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

gparr

June Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by gparr »

In this thread post your Challenge reports. Reports must include:
--How much you spent in June
--Your average spending to date (Yes, if your average exceeds $25, you have to report it so other members can beat on you for spending too much.)
--At least one photo (photo quality is irrelevant) of progress you've made in June on stash items. Multiple photos are certainly permitted. Feel good and show off the fact that you're reducing your stash pile.
--If someone doesn't report, all other participants are expected to apply severe peer pressure on that person through posts and PMs to force them to post. Trash talk and cheap shots are permitted.

Also, remember that Maggie is always standing at the Naughty Corner door with cheap chocolate.

Gary
Mabel Figworthy

Re: June Reports: The CF Stitch-From-Stash Challenge

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

gparr wrote:Also, remember that Maggie is always standing at the Naughty Corner door with cheap chocolate.
This is positively inviting people to be naughty :-)!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
jocellogirl

Post by jocellogirl »

I have so far spent £27.70 in June on 3 HAED charts which were being retired. That takes my total spend in April, May and June to £62.60, averaging just under £21 per month. I don't intend to spend any more money on stash in June, even though I have been tempted :wink:
This is where I'm starting in June (i.e. May's progress)
I've also been stitching away at the Lavender Fairy for my youngest. Here's where that is at the moment
Last edited by jocellogirl on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo x

WIP:
Celtic Autumn

On the back burner:
HAEDs Rhyme and Reason
Trio Godspeed Sistine Chapel

Around the World in 80 stitches, Herbularius
cairee

Post by cairee »

my June stitching plans: working on Christmas Bear Wishes, Angel of the Morning, Around the World in 80 Stitches, and Floral Lace. I might do a restart on mini Train of Dreams, Im not loving the fabric I picked and might have something better in my stash. all in all I should be able to get by without spending anything in June.
as I didnt post pics in May, here is where Im starting in June.
Angel of the Morning
Christmas Bear Wishes
80 stitches
detail of the lasy daisies, got an idea to use 2 colors and I love it!
:wip:
Mables 2016 SAL
Holland Springtime Mandalla (chatelaine)
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

I am very close to finish Mr peacock an I am in serious doubts about my next project... I have HAED World travel bookshelf by Aimee Stewart in large print already kitted up and ready to go but I am not sure about the fabric. I ready have the right size of dmc magic guide 25ct in ecru, than I won that gourgous piece is 20ct in yellow which would be perfect but would make it way too big. I really like to try a 28ct so I can use 2 strand and continental stitching but I don't own any of the right size.... decision decision.... :thinks:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

I've been EXTREMELY well behaved through this challenge. I spent $12.51 in April and nothing in May. My stitchy bug has sort of went on vacation this month. I have been very sick with chemo and just feeling blah and sleeping a lot. I went on an overnight trip to Lancaster, PA and found a small shop that was mostly canvas needlepoint but some cross stitch. In that shop, I got needles, Mill Hill beads for my D Day project, an Amish barn raising chart and a kit the shop made up for spring. All of that came to $28.40. My wife bought it all for me but I'm counting it here. I also bought two very inexpensive charts on Etsy the other day.

My grand total for June so far is $36.58. That breaks down to $16.36 per month. I should be good to go for a while now. The only thing I might need is some floss to fill in things I'm missing. My stash is HUGE!
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
Ruthi

Post by Ruthi »

Well, May was a quiet month. I bought a Stitchmaster stand on Ebay, but the buyer packed it so badly part of it broke. Its a jolly expensive part to replace and the vendor was seriously unhelpful so I went to Ebay's resolution centre and they found in my favour, gave me all my money back but I got to keep the broken stand. I didn't spend anything else and just plugged away stitching my Koi, which I calculate will take me another year to 18 months to complete, so I have NO EXCUSES!

In June I spotted a Stitchmaster chart holder which came with the bit that broke on the stand I ended up getting free, and I just won it for £5.50. I also bought some beading needles for £1. So that is £6.50 so far this month.

I also go away to a cottage with not much to do later in the month. I need to decide which project to take with me that will fit in my K's creations lap stand, I have plenty of fabric and charts, but will probably need floss and quite probably a new roller frame too. However I should still be well under my limit. I would go over if I succumb and buy a Vusion light/magnifier.

[I did buy my 7yo granddaughter two kits, a hoop, scissors and a few other bits as her birthday present, but its not stash for me, so I am not counting it!]
cairee

Post by cairee »

so i went on a road trip and spent a whopping $1.98 on floss. thats all I spent so far in June. :dance:
Mables 2016 SAL
NeedleAndFork

Post by NeedleAndFork »

Well, big spender that I am, I spent a whole 6 bucks on needles. Finally got around to odering my pack of 25 bohin needles. Not that I want to encourage spending, but if anyone needs to order bulk needles, I highly recommend Needle In A Haystack in Alameda, California. http://www.needlestack.com/" target="_blank - unlike other places that sell bulk needles, they don't have a minimum purchase price, and if all you're ordering is needles, give them a call, and they'll adjust shipping accordingly for you. Since I'm in California too, I got my order about 24 hours after they shipped. Can't beat that with a stick! :whoop:

So.. I have a question. If I earn income by stitching, can I subtract that from what I spent? :lol: :lol: I'm stitching up an ornament for someone and should get paid for it later this week. If I can subtract, I think that'll put me at a negative total for the year. Gotta love that!
My blog: Obsessed With Thread

My WIPs: Kimono Lantern Mermaid, Rovaris Alphabet Sampler Christmas Ornaments

Participant of: Ornament a Month SAL, Stitch from Stash Challenge
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

NeedleAndFork wrote:....So.. I have a question. If I earn income by stitching, can I subtract that from what I spent? .....
No. Sorry.

WIP
perftangel

Post by perftangel »

Hmmmmm, well, I bought Frosted Pumpkin's Halloween Town & then the speciality threads for that... ($10 + 4*$2.20) and I just won 5 magazines on eBay for $15 total ~ 33.80 Yeah, I'm not good at this.

BUT I did resist purchasing a needleneeds stand combo since they were back in stock yesterday. My husband told me to go for it, and I got all the way to the Paypal checkout, but that $380 (stand + extra bars for the frame + shipping) was hard for me to justify. I should totally get points for that... ;) ;)

Picture of what I"m working on:

Pengwenn

Post by Pengwenn »

I spent $24.37 ($10 of which was a gift card I got for my birthday). I got threads I needed to finish kitting up a couple of new starts (from existing stash) and some bobbins to put them on and some needles too. It could have been much worse if I had gone online and done some shopping for my birthday like I wanted to. But after spending over $1,000 to fix my AC unit I wasn't in the mood to spend any more $, even if it would make me happy. I think for my average I'm only over by $0.50 or so. I spent most of my time finishing page #2 for my custom HAED chart Flower Pot for my dad. I'll scan it later today and post a picture.
current project rotation:
Twilight Balloon Flight
The Accolade
Faces of Faery 89
Dad's Flower Pot
socialsue

Post by socialsue »

No money spend this month because I am still working on one of my Stoney Creek Christmas banner and I have already got the threads for them. I also finished stitching small strips of bug motif initials for my grandsons to put around the recycled pill bottles. I will put treats and coins in for their summer holiday spending money. :D

socialsue
Allyn

Post by Allyn »

I haven't spent any money this month. I'll post a pic of my WiP in a couple of days in my SAL thread when I finish the page I'm working on. I spent $7.96 in April, $15 last month and nothing this month, so my average per month is $7.65.

WIP
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

This year I have spent about £15 ($26 approx.); That was in February, when I bought everything for my 'The Eyes Have It' portrait. I think my next project (ordering the bits in the next day or two) will be up to £20 because it looks like 36ct Evenweave will cost twice as much as 14ct Aida. The threads will cost the same £10-ish.

Regards,

Richard
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
msufly

Post by msufly »

In June, I spent $10.25 total. The 25 cents was one skein of DMC (with 40% off!) and the $10 was spent on a grab bag at my LNS. The store keeper has placed $100 worth of patterns in paper bags that you couldn't open until you paid the $10. Most of the patterns aren't my thing so I'll probably post them in the Exchange section to give them to forum members but I got a few that I'll enjoy.

My avg spent per month so far is $11.27. Not much to show in the way of stitchy progress this month so no pictures.
Kim

WIPs:
A Summer Ball - Sandy Littlejohns
Camelot Sampler - Teresa Wentzler
(And 14 more!)
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

June I have been good, I only won a 100x140cm piece of antiche white lugana on eBay for 7euros, could not pass that!
With this my average spending for month is 23 euros whew!

Now that my leg rehabilitation schedule has picked up I have less time for stitching as I am going twice every day but I did finished Haed Peacock in full bloom
and started Haed World travel bookshelf which I had kidded up since the beginning of the year...
I actually started it twice as the first attempt on 28 count was not working for me so i abandoned it after about 600 stitches and restarted on the original 25 count magic guide I had in my stash.
I have almost finished the first 20 stitches column
While I was putting away the left over threads from the peacock I took advantage to pull out the materials for another HAED I will start probably later on toward the end of the year, Tree frog by Jo Linch, I had all the DMC in my stash so no more spending required :dance: I will have to buy the fabric as one of Nachosmaley hand dyed fabric is just perfect for it!
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
coolpenguin

Post by coolpenguin »

I've been EXTREMELY well behaved through this challenge. I spent $12.51 in April and nothing in May. My stitchy bug has sort of went on vacation this month. I have been very sick with chemo and just feeling blah and sleeping a lot. I went on an overnight trip to Lancaster, PA and found a small shop that was mostly canvas needlepoint but some cross stitch. In that shop, I got needles, Mill Hill beads for my D Day project, an Amish barn raising chart and a kit the shop made up for spring. All of that came to $28.40. My wife bought it all for me but I'm counting it here. I also bought two very inexpensive charts on Etsy the other day.

My grand total for June is $36.58. That breaks down to $16.36 per month. I should be good to go for a while now. The only thing I might need is some floss to fill in things I'm missing. My stash is HUGE!

Do you really want to see what I stitched in June? I've posted everything in my stitch a long and D Day thread but if you want to see them again, i will post them.
WIP's
various mini's
OCEAN ABC

Finished in 2017
See my Stitch a Long
cairee

Post by cairee »

my total spending in June was $1.98 putting my monthly average at $17.61
here is an update on Angel of the morning, my other projects didnt get much attention, so no pics.
Mables 2016 SAL
Rose

Post by Rose »

I have spent 0 the month of June. Quite a surprise that the month wen as fast as it did but I think getting ready for the family made it go fast.

I finished the bag and a few other projects just not all cross stitch.
Image Image

Image Image Image

Not finished but pretty close
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror