Hello from Portugal

Welcome to our forum. This is the place to introduce yourself, if you wish.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Amy Charles

Hello from Portugal

Post by Amy Charles »

Buom dia everyone,

Just moved to Portugal from the UK. I've been addicted to cross-stitch for a very long time and I can't think of anything else I'd rather do during my spare time.

Since I've left all my cross-stitch friends behind in the UK (we used to have a once-a-week session which was fantastic), I thought I should join a forum instead so that I can meet like-minded people to keep my sanity. LOL. It's hard to settle in a new place and I'm still in the process of learning Portuguese so it's a relief to have found this site.

I'm currently working on a pattern for the kitchen - it has spoons, jars, etc. it's something I bought online and everything is written in Chinese but it doesn't matter, I can follow the different codes for the different colours and if I'm not sure, I make it up! - usually, at that time of the year, I would be preparing cross-stitch pieces to put on homemade Christmas cards but since I haven't started yet, I guess this year I will have to send normal cards (or worse, e-mails). Will try to do better next year.

Amy
rcperryls

Re: Hello from Portugal

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: Hi Amy, and welcome to the forum from South Carolina! I know how hard it is to move in the same town let alone moving countries, so I'm glad that you found us so you will still have contact (as much as you want) from other devoted stitchers. There is lots to explore in this forum with our Stitch-a-Long Section, Tips and Tricks and our General section which is filled with all sorts of topics - stitching and non stitching related. What types of projects do you like to stitch? I hope you will post pictures ( This thread, Posting Pictures in a Thread, explains how to do that) for us to see and admire. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
fccs

Post by fccs »

Hello and welcome from Colorado. It's hard enough to sometimes to move within the country, but to move to a different county and have to learn a new language? Wow! I'm glad you have your cross stitch...it's like having an old friend with you all the time. And there're almost always someone on the forum, so you'll probably never have to be without stitching buddies.

I hope you'll share pics of what you're working on.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

:wave: Hello Amy, and welcome to the forum!!
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi Amy and Welcome from me in very warm Brisbane - its great to have you along. Good luck with learning the new language.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your current work. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Oriettait

Post by Oriettait »

Hello and welcome from Italy! :wave:
--
Leave nothing on the beach except footprints
:wip:
HAED World Travel Bookshelf
HAED Tree frog
HAED QS Ladybug
HAED Dragon Rip
Instagram @oriettait
Nimble stitch

Post by Nimble stitch »

Hello and welcome from Cheshire :D
Karen

Work in Progress
Dress Makers Daughter - Nora Corbett
Best of British Street Party - Sandy Littlejohns & Deborah Lester
Santa's Sleigh (Christmas Eve Couriers) - Nora Corbett

Completed
Santa - Mirabillia
Lulu22

Post by Lulu22 »

:wave: Hi Amy welcome to the forum :)
WIPS
Snow
Gamer Nouveau
Clara
Meadow
Amy Charles

Post by Amy Charles »

Thank you everyone for your kind messages... it's not the first time I move country - I'm originally French - but it doesn't get easier with time. LOL. Today we have found our dream house with my husband so hopefully I will be more settled in a month or so - for the meantime, we're renting and I only have one piece of cross-stitch with me (the rest is still packed away).

You're right, cross-stitch is like having a good friend with me all the time! I enjoy doing any work really... well... I don't enjoy big pieces much these days, but small to medium size is fine. I will definitely post some of my 'work' one day.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Have a nice week-end.

Amy