Ursula Michael SAL

Please feel free to join in on our SAL

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde

fccs

Re: Ursula Michael SAL

Post by fccs »

Rose wrote:Debby I too was thinking that the raspberry might be a very interesting look for this one. would like to see what it would do on that color. :poke: Do a floss toss and see what you think. It would be very distinctly yours.
Rose, I'm going to toss the floss tomorrow. I have to get up in seven hours...zzzzz...I think I'm going to dream about raspberry and green and yellow fabric tonight. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Brekkana wrote:
karen4bells wrote:
calico wrote:Closing my eyes, closing my eyes, I don't want to look...... :lol:
So Cute! love the sparkly skates!

If I didn't just start my 4th new project this year (with a 5th starting hopefully before the end of the month) I would so join in on this! I Love Ursula's snowmen!!! What FB page did you see this on.....just curious 8)

I first joined Lets Stitch Ursula Michael in facebook and got the information to join the SAL :) I really hope you and any other snowmen lovers (Rose) will join!!
I sent a request to join the FB group, but am not confident they will accept me. This looks like something I could do for my mom, so am keeping my fingers crossed.
I am pretty sure they will accept you---it's a pretty good group from what I've seen and I'm sure it will be a great gift for your mom
Work in Progress
Dimensions Passion Flower Angel
Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL
Various small designs

lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

That is very nice. like the colour Aida too, a nice shade. :D
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

karen4bells wrote: I am pretty sure they will accept you---it's a pretty good group from what I've seen and I'm sure it will be a great gift for your mom

Ok I joined the wrong group. Awaiting approval with the correct group. I didn't pay attention and Facebook had taken me to the machine stitch group. Grrrr at Facebook lol ...
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Brekkana wrote:
karen4bells wrote: I am pretty sure they will accept you---it's a pretty good group from what I've seen and I'm sure it will be a great gift for your mom

Ok I joined the wrong group. Awaiting approval with the correct group. I didn't pay attention and Facebook had taken me to the machine stitch group. Grrrr at Facebook lol ...
Sent a second request. Was denied. I am guessing I don't meet the qualifications? Well, if not, at least I can say I tried. I look forward to seeing all of your posts in the meantime :)
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
Rose

Post by Rose »

:? I don't understand why you would be denied???? That just does not make any sense. They are approving people all the time. You are on the Ursula Michael's facebook page correct???????
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Rose wrote::? I don't understand why you would be denied???? That just does not make any sense. They are approving people all the time. You are on the Ursula Michael's facebook page correct???????
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1388768 ... 3/?fref=ts

This is where I had correctly requested to join, two days ago. Was in "pending" status until this morning, where I had the option to join the group again. Am now again in pending status. Fingers crossed! I hate to be a bother, but I don't join very many groups. I am sort of new at this part of Facebook lol ...
fccs

Post by fccs »

So these are my options for the snowmen SAL (the dark green is in the pic mainly because it was with the other three fabrics). I didn't take a photo of the dove grey Aida because it would just be embarrassed to be next to these beauties. :-) Opinions?

Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

This is where I had correctly requested to join, two days ago. Was in "pending" status until this morning, where I had the option to join the group again. Am now again in pending status. Fingers crossed! I hate to be a bother, but I don't join very many groups. I am sort of new at this part of Facebook lol ...
I do hope that you get accepted---very very odd that you wouldn't---fingers crossed it will happen soon

Debby--wow---all of the fabrics are awesome--- I really like the two in the middle, the raspberry and the greenish tone one---have you tried a floss toss on them yet??? I can't wait to see what you choose!!!
Work in Progress
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

karen4bells wrote: Debby--wow---all of the fabrics are awesome--- I really like the two in the middle, the raspberry and the greenish tone one---have you tried a floss toss on them yet??? I can't wait to see what you choose!!!
I did a quick floss toss when I first dug out the fabrics and I think it would look good on any of them. I do have another project that would look stunning on that yummy raspberry, which kind of narrows it down (until I change my mind again) to the yellow or light green. Sometimes I just hate making decisions! I feel like the one I choose is going to turn to the "losers" and do a neener-neener. :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Sometimes I just hate making decisions! I feel like the one I choose is going to turn to the "losers" and do a neener-neener.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know just what you mean!!
Work in Progress
Various small designs

Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

fccs wrote:So these are my options for the snowmen SAL (the dark green is in the pic mainly because it was with the other three fabrics). I didn't take a photo of the dove grey Aida because it would just be embarrassed to be next to these beauties. :-) Opinions?

After reading your post, I made a visit to Julie's X Stitch site and purchased a few fabrics, just in case ... I am keeping my fingers crossed in the meantime! As for my vote, I really like either the pink or the yellow :)
Rose

Post by Rose »

Brekkana wrote:
Rose wrote::? I don't understand why you would be denied???? That just does not make any sense. They are approving people all the time. You are on the Ursula Michael's facebook page correct???????

That should be the correct place to be accepted.
Rose

Post by Rose »

fccs wrote:So these are my options for the snowmen SAL (the dark green is in the pic mainly because it was with the other three fabrics). I didn't take a photo of the dove grey Aida because it would just be embarrassed to be next to these beauties. :-) Opinions?

Let's see. Yellow and snow..........uuuuhhhhhhh they do not really go together for the obvious reason...... :lol:

So either green or raspberry and of the 2 I am leaning to the green as it is my favorite color. So there you have my very biased opinion. :D
fccs

Post by fccs »

Rose wrote: Let's see. Yellow and snow..........uuuuhhhhhhh they do not really go together for the obvious reason...... :lol:

So either green or raspberry and of the 2 I am leaning to the green as it is my favorite color. So there you have my very biased opinion. :D
@rotfl: @rotfl:

Oh Rose, you're so silly. I hadn't even thought of yellow snow until your comment...and now I don't know if that swayed me away from the yellow or has convinced me to use it because I'll smile with every stitch!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
fccs

Post by fccs »

As of about 15 minutes ago, yellow is the winner. Snowmen on yellow snow...perfect? (Thanks, Rose, for the mental image.) I did a floss toss and the colors really do look pretty on the yellow, with the dark green being a surprising runner-up. I most likely won't be starting this until I get back from my trip to California, so my mind can still change...or I could even come home with some new fabric if I dare visit my old LNS there.
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Either the green or the yellow would be great choices Debby. It will be interesting to see which you choose. :D
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Yay!!! Finally accepted lol :) can't wait to get started!
karen4bells

Post by karen4bells »

Brekkana wrote:Yay!!! Finally accepted lol :) can't wait to get started!
:mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave:

Awesome!!!!!!! :snowman:
Work in Progress
Various small designs

fccs

Post by fccs »

Brekkana wrote:Yay!!! Finally accepted lol :) can't wait to get started!
Yay!!!!!!
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends