HAPPY 4th JULY EVERYONE IN THE US

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Squirrel

HAPPY 4th JULY EVERYONE IN THE US

Post by Squirrel »

Hope you all have a wonderful day enjoying being together with family where possible and celebrating Independence Day in the US.

:mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave:

:balloons: :wine: :tea: :cake: :coffee: :gift: :driving: :airplane: :coffebreak: :partyhat: :rainbow:
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
MelindaH

Re: HAPPY 4th JULY EVERYONE IN THE US

Post by MelindaH »

Thank you! Celebrations are going on all around me, even though it's still an hour until midnight. So many booms. :lol:
My uncle throws a big party every year. I hate parties, but I don't want my dad driving at night, so I might go to chauffeur my parents. So glad the dog is mostly deaf now. She hates the booms. I usually spend the day comforting her, but she'll be okay this year.

EDIT: No party for me. Mom's staying home and Dad's spending the night at his brother's house. :dance:
Last edited by MelindaH on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :toast:

Happy Independence Day Y'All

:mexicanwave: :mexicanwave:
lavenderbee

Post by lavenderbee »

Enjoy your celebrations everyone in USA :mexicanwave: :balloons:
lavenderbee :-)

stitching is beewitching

Things only become problems if you let them
fccs

Post by fccs »

Thank you! Isn't it nice that we can all still be friends, even after we walked out on England way back when? :-)
Debby

(main) WIPs
Angel of Love
Book of Mythical Creatures
Cache la Poudre
Past Present Forever
Fishing Friends
MelindaH

Post by MelindaH »

fccs wrote:Thank you! Isn't it nice that we can all still be friends, even after we walked out on England way back when? :-)
@rotfl:

There are many booms here. The dog is okay this year, but now the kitty is experiencing her first loud July 4th. Last year, she and I lived in an apartment complex that did not allow fireworks. She's a little stressed.
Nachstenliebe

Post by Nachstenliebe »

fccs wrote:Thank you! Isn't it nice that we can all still be friends, even after we walked out on England way back when? :-)
:lol:
We went to a parade in the morning and then came home and watched Star Trek Deep Space 9 and I stitched... I enjoyed my day!
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Once the "booms" began I had 2 sets of eyes staring at me from under the bed. Then it got louder and Shirley went to a safer spot, under the dresser, behind a clothes basket.

Carole
:doh:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
JazzeyBear

Post by JazzeyBear »

This was Zalan's first 4th and I couldn't have been prouder. We went to a small BBQ put on by our family, in a city that allowed fireworks (where we live it's a $700+ fine if caught shouting them off). Zalan was awake for some of the booms, but slowly fell asleep and stayed asleep throughout the rest of the boom, including his dad's grand finally where the firework tipped on its side while going off, shouting at us, Zalan being picked up in his bouncer chair and me running a safe distance away. I was one protective momma.
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. And whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth."

2013 Big WIPs
HAED Sistine Chapel
HAED 2013 SAL Heather
Blessings
HAED Libra
Forest Chapel