Where do you buy patterns online?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

coachellacanuck

Where do you buy patterns online?

Post by coachellacanuck »

I have designed a series of beginner level cross stitch patterns featuring quotes by strong and sassy women. I am listing them for sale as digital downloads on Amazon, Craftsy, Etsy and developing my own online store. I have also put 6 together in an ebook, each with a different theme.

Can I ask this forum for an opinion on the best place to buy cross stitch patterns online? I seem to be getting few results from Amazon (and lowest revenue per sale) and my best results on Etsy.

Thanks for any feedback you can send my way!
Coachella Canuck
On Twitter: https://twitter.com/womensayXstitch" target="_blank"
On Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/shesaidstitches/" target="_blank"
On Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhatSheSaidStitches" target="_blank"
annamarie23

Re: Where do you buy patterns online?

Post by annamarie23 »

Hi! I must be honest, I didn't realise cross stitch patterns were available on Etsy but after discovering them by accident (more my fault than anything, I've just not used Etsy until recently), I've now bought a few from different sellers as pdf downloads and it's great! I'm sure your own online store will work well too.

Hope the feedback helps. I wish you lots of luck with selling your patterns.

Anna-Marie x
Anna-Marie x

WIP - CSC 'Calligraphy', Janlynn 'Egyptian Pair', Ink Circles 'Woodland Vines'.
Waiting in the wings - Music and violin- Skitzzzzz, SQ 'Midsummer Eve', HAED Mini Camelot plus lots of others.
kandifloss

Post by kandifloss »

I've bought several charts from Etsy, also a few from Sewandso & Leisure Arts. Think Etsy has the most to chose from though & I like looking through their designs. Don't think I've ever bought a chart from Amazon, just kits from them.

Kandi :rainbow:
Kandi

There is always a rainbow somewhere in the world even If you cannot see one
So never give up hope
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

In Jan 2011 I had just decided to take up a hobby that would allow myself to be with the family when doing it. Not having any further idea, as a beginner, my first thought was E-Bay.
Not knowing anything, I wanted a kit that would include most things I needed, so I got a cheap kit. Everything was written in Chinese and I kludged may way through. Must admit I had no idea of the significance of 350 x 240 stitches when I bought the kit. It was only 3 months in that it began to dawn on me.

As a total beginner, having had a 40 year break from when I was taught cross stitch as a 6 yo at school, I wanted a kit, not a chart.
Having had that 59,000 stitch kit, I was then ready to do my own pictures and haven't bought a chart or kit since - just writing my own charting software and converting photos I have taken (I'm a bit into DIY you see).

Just my thoughts,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
AngieR

Post by AngieR »

I buy my kits from Amazon.
Angie

Wips
Colorful Rose (Happy Forever) started May 20th 2016
the eagles wings 3 (Happy Forever) started May 27th 2016
Unicorn Garden (Happy Forever) Jan. 6, 2017
lcamp

Post by lcamp »

I get free patterns from Daily Cross Stitch or Pinterest, then I buy the fabric and floss to do the work.

Linda
Brekkana

Post by Brekkana »

Googling how to do a cross stitch type stitch lead me to you tube. You tube lead me to HAED, upon which I am addicted to. I also buy charts from other people who sell on Facebook (Tilton Crafts, for one). I never looked for it on Ebay, and I never felt the need to look on Etsy because I assumed it was like Pinterest, another website I avoid at all costs. So for people like me, You tube and Facebook ... Good luck!!

~Heather
So many HAEDs I couldn't possibly list them all. Current favorites are Dragon Kin, Sea Unicorns (QS), April Fairy, What's This, Dahlia, and so many starts going on. Love to cross stitch! Find me on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/brekkana.kultiras
RedStitcher108

Post by RedStitcher108 »

I have previously purchased several patterns from various sellers on Etsy as I have found that there is a large variety compared to other places like Amazon and it's like purchasing at a local store instead of a chain which makes me feel better that I'm supporting an independent rather than a mass producer. Not as well known(or popular) is tumblr. There is a budding community of stitchers on there that know of even more sites and people to buy patterns from although sometimes the website isn't necessarily the easiest to navigate.