"5D Diamond Painting Cross Stitch Embroidery"

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Re: "5D Diamond Painting Cross Stitch Embroidery"

Post by Serinde »

Hi Karen, and welcome to the forum :wave: I can't help you, but I hope someone here on the CSF can.
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

A question to Richard as an engineer: What does 5D mean? What are those additional 2 dimensions? Thank you in advance for your kind explanation.
Lyudmila
richardandtracy

Re: 5d diamond painting

Post by richardandtracy »

Karen wrote:Hi Does anyone know if there is a company in thr uk that can convert a cross stitch pattern or photo into 5D or 3D diamond painting and how much would it cost to have a pattern or photo converted
Thank you karen
Karen

I do apologise for being late on this.
I know someone who can do it - you can. My freebie charting program for PC's (runs in Windows) available through my signature will do the job of photo conversion. I have built in the display style for 5D diamond mockup as shown below as a segment from my current stitching project:
Heartful Diamonds in the US claim to produce the DMC matching diamonds, and my charting program will tell you how many stitches/diamonds a conversion will require having matched, dithered etc the picture.

While the program is aimed at stitching, it is possible to use it for 5D Diamonds at the moment. I am about 1/10th the way through fully updating it so Diamonds, Lego bricks etc can be used as easily as stitches, but I'm afraid that version isn't ready yet - I have been intending to do the changes for nearly a year now, but they are slow in coming due pressures of work leaving me utterly spent of an evening.
Anyway, the way to use the program for 5D diamonds is to set the picture information on the main window to 'The Picture will be stitched using 1 thread, skipping 0 holes on 10 count (tpi) [any material] with a full cross'.
Then when you convert the photo, make sure the 'Blend Thread Colours' tickbox is not ticked. Finally, after creating the chart, the number of 'Stitches' in the key is the number of 5D Diamonds needed. Ignore the 'Approx. Number of Skeins' entry for the colour in the key. Otherwise, follow the chart produced as if it were a cross stitch chart. If the chart is printed at 10tpi, you could possibly cut the chart out, stick it on a backing board and then stick the diamonds to the chart.

Hope this may be of use.

Regards,

Richard
Last edited by richardandtracy on Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
richardandtracy

Post by richardandtracy »

Lyudmilla,

I have no idea whatsoever why they would be called '5D'. Seems like it is something dreamed up by a salesman without reference to any known science.

Regards,

Richard.
http://www.chestnutpens.co.uk
Free Charting Program for PC's Info Zip Installation
Podolyanka

Post by Podolyanka »

Thank you for your answer. I thought they did ask scientists and engineers before using the term.
Lyudmila
cristaltipps

Post by cristaltipps »

I assumed it was to do with the facets on the little diamonds, the ones my daughter has done are a 4 sided pyramid plus base thus 5 dimensions. Just what my head told me nothing scientific in my assumption lol.
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

It seems R has found a way to tame the diamond things. I don't dare to try. Oh no. Needlepoint is my thing now and always.
I have at least 2 huge projects ahead right now, and I can't but hope all goes well.
All the success to R and all of you, who fight with the diamond projects. R's cat project looks awesome!
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com