Add your expertise to the Bingo descriptions!

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Add your expertise to the Bingo descriptions!

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Hi everyone, I'm calling on you all to add your knowledge/opinions/experiences to the "Descriptions" list that goes with the Fabrics & Threads bingo. At the moment I'm beginning to feel a bit like the "voice crying in the wilderness" out there :-) -- I write short and undoubtedly incomplete descriptions of the various fabrics and threads, and that's where it ends. But what would be really helpful is if you could all add your ideas as well!

* Have you ever worked on linen? Did you enjoy it? Why or why not?
* Did you learn to cross stitch using soft cotton on Binca? Or have you used it to teach young children? Was it easy to learn/teach?
* Have you used braid, blending filament, Japan thread or other metallics? Which one is the best/easiest/most beautiful -- or do you hate them all equally :-)?
* Is there a clear difference between the various cotton-mix fabrics? Do you prefer cotton/rayons or cotton/modals or are they equally nice (or not) to work on?

And so on and so forth.

There's no substitute for experience, so what you think could help another stitcher decide to try a new fabric or thread, or to work out what would be the best fabric or thread for a particular project they have in mind. Don't be :oops: but share your views in the Fabrics & Threads Descriptions thread!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page