Where has everyone gone?

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Squirrel

Re: Where has everyone gone?

Post by Squirrel »

Great to 'see' you back Corey and to know you are on the right track to great mental health now as well as finding a new outlet for your creativity.

I have promised myself I will have a look at your woodworking site when I get out from under - the washing I brought back with me and the full on happenings of 5 days with eldest son, DIL 3 growing up kids and all sorts of shopping etc.

More when I am more with it :)
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
works4me

Post by works4me »

I think I'm back. The last few years have been interesting and there has been no stitching. We very recently moved from a large house to a condo and I am setting it up so I have multiple places to sit in the sun and stitch, when the sun comes back. :) I am getting eager to start stitching Mind If I Hang Out again. Since the arthritis in my hands is now quite bad it could be tough but I'm going to do it anyway. Maybe the progress won't be as fast as it used to be but that is okay.

I have really missed being on the forum and seeing what everyone is doing.
HAED Mind if I Hang Out -Page 17/36 finished. ?/154,350 stitches
Hang In There - finished, waiting for a decision on framing or turning into a mini quilt
Universal Monsters - finished, waiting in line to frame
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Fast isn't everything - enjoyment is! Welcome back :wave: , and may you find many inspiring places to stitch.
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

I totally agree with Mabel "fast isn't everything". In fact I am slower than a wet week these days . Great to have you back and I look forward to hearing about your search for a good place to stitch - and the stitching of course. Hang in there "works4me" it may prove a bit painful at times when you first start stitching again but hang in there, take is slow and it will soon come back.

WIPS
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

How wonderful to have you back with us! :whoop: Even during the in-between times when you aren't stitching, you can still hang out here, too, you know. :dance:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: :wave: :wave: Welcome back! It is so good to hear from you again! And like Sally, I am looking forward to hearing about your search for good places to stitch. And if speed were a requirement for stitching I think a lot of us wouldn't be here. And I also want to echo Serinde with hanging out with us for those in between times. I've had a few times when my stitchy bug went AWOL for long periods. And some of us are also grappling with arthritis getting in the way. I find that using my Lowry stand helps a lot when stitching large projects and I'll bet there are others who have found ways to cope with aching fingers. I'd like to hear them too.

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
works4me

Post by works4me »

Thank you for the welcomes back. I have finger sleeves that seem to help a lot.

I have set up the living room so there is a nice large area to bring my stand and stitch in front of the window. The craft room has even more light than the living room so I won't have to be right at the window. And when it warms up I can take the stand into the solarium and stitch surrounded by my vegetable garden and flower pots. This all seems great in theory and I hope it pans out. :)

MIIHO has its own shelf in one of the new bookcases in the craft room. All the pattern pages are there as well as extra floss, needles, and highlighters. I am getting closer.

In case no one knows that MIIHO looks like, here it is on the Heaven and Earth page:
https://heavenandearthdesigns.com/index ... 7eb7a2e2e2
I was on page 17 before I stopped so I have the top 3 bats completed as well as a partial dragon and upside down bat. I think coming back here will get me back to it sooner than otherwise. There is enough done in the condo that I can rest a bit more now. When I was stitching it I was doing one page per month. I was working more than full-time so I have no idea how I did that. :shock:

Thanks for the encouragement.
HAED Mind if I Hang Out -Page 17/36 finished. ?/154,350 stitches
Hang In There - finished, waiting for a decision on framing or turning into a mini quilt
Universal Monsters - finished, waiting in line to frame
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I always managed to power through lots of work and other stuff when the children were small. How did I do that? No idea. Displacement activity? 8)

Really like MIIHO. I'll look forward to seeing that develop.
Emmylou

Post by Emmylou »

Oh my goodness, it's been 3 years since I was last on here! Glad to see some familiar names :) I have to admit, I spend a lot of time on facebook groups and instagram. How is everyone? :wub:
Emma Louise
http://emmystitches.com/
Cochonou14 on HAED BB

WIP
Wedding sampler
Café de Paris
HAED TT Kitten 2
Dimension's Travel Memories
HAED Mystic Garden
DMC's Vegetable Basket
HAED Mini Curl up with a good book
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

:wave: :wave: Welcome back! Amazing how much time can go by! I am so glad to see you and hope that you will stay for a good long while. Lots of new people to meet as well as getting reacquainted with those you know. Have you been doing much stitching? I hope that you will show us some of what you've been doing. So good to see you again! :wub:

Carole
:D
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Emmylou! How fab! Many old friends here, and the Stash & Grab has gone from strength to strength. Just don't be too worried by the lions and unicorns in the garden -- all the beasties are quiet friendly. :lol:
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Welcome back :wave:
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

:wave: Hi there Emmylou and Welcome back.

WIPS