2018 Stash & Grab

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

laura-rose

Re: 2018 Stash & Grab

Post by laura-rose »

Oh my a tree house, how swish is that? Can just about see puffin burrows as you say, soon it will be busy with nesting, rather digging birds. making their old homes fresh for new chicks. Do they take grass, feathers etc into them as a soft lining for eggs & hatchlings as other birds do?

I take it there are plenty of sumptuous cushions to sit on in the tree house. Lovely cold drinks for summer I suppose & nibbles too. Is it easy to climb up there? Not expecting much am I but as it is a fantasy I suppose each one can have what they want as well as in the main building:D
Laura :)
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

The Tree House has chairs, benches and tables that are Ergonomically and automatically fitted to the User. Everyone who uses the Tree House can use whatever means they like/need to get into the House.

There are Red Squirrels in the Scotch Pines across the water and Barn Owls nesting in the Boat House.
In fact all endangered flora and fauna live in Perfect Harmony within reach of the lake. There's a stream that runs out to sea, which is why you can see Puffins burrows.

If you believe this you can believe anything!! :wink:
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Oh, that's why I could see otters, dolphins, seals & whales playing in the sea near the land where puffin burrows are. Didn't like to mention them before in case members thought I was nuts!! :lol: And, of course there must also be gorgeous colourful parrots & other foreign birds in the vicinity of the owl where the trees are. How wonderful ALL creatures are living peacefully, a real Utopia. You can see sooo much more from a tree house & of course, you won't need binoculars in this particular one. Better stop or you will all think I really am nuts....
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

laura-rose wrote:Oh, that's why I could see otters, dolphins, seals & whales playing in the sea near the land where puffin burrows are. Didn't like to mention them before in case members thought I was nuts!! :lol: And, of course there must also be gorgeous colourful parrots & other foreign birds in the vicinity of the owl where the trees are. How wonderful ALL creatures are living peacefully, a real Utopia. You can see sooo much more from a tree house & of course, you won't need binoculars in this particular one. Better stop or you will all think I really am nuts....
I well I am certainly certifiable!! :roll: Did you see the mountain Gorillas as well??? @rotfl:
laura-rose

Post by laura-rose »

Ooooh no, I did not see mountain gorillas :lol: 'Spec you have mountain goats as well then, do you not? Oh my, must see mountain leopards & snow cats from Himalayas & alpacas, condors from Andes too. It certainly is a most wonderful place to see so many animals.

Is there an I-Spy animal/bird spotters cross stitchers forum book to go through & tick? I take it you are old enough to remember those?
Maybe as its virtual when you see a new creature it is automatically ticked :lol:

Are the waiters in the Stash & Grab like The Chippendales? You'd have a few Bunny Girls too as there are male members on here. Sounds like my imagination is definitely running away with me & not even had a glass of vino yet. Am going to tiptoe out the door before I get banned for being OTT.........

Next time I visit I will behave myself - sit nice & quietly watching wildlife & scenery while in the company of other stitchers.
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Holy Toledo! I go for a walk in the woods and we suddenly have Chippendales and Bunny Girls. I suspect — though don’t know from personal experience — that all that Chippendale oil wreaks havoc with silk threads... :shock: So they’ve been sent off to have showers. The Bunnies have been told that they can have the evening off, and have taken up knitting over there in the corner by the fire — they were feeling a trifle cold... :lol: Not quite sure how this veritable list of animals of the world will make a living here, but I’ve always suspected that the forum was situated pretty close to the Garden of Eden.
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

How's everyone getting on? Can't believe we've nearly reached another weekend! The times just flies by! The good news is I'm a few days from finishing my secret project for Bothy Threads! Thanks in part to being off all week from work! I'm hoping to post him back to Kate by the end of next week :D Looking forward to starting the Vervaco Secret Stitch Along in a few weeks time! I've found a website called Sew-it-All and have been drooling over all their lovely fabrics! Still not 100% on which I'll use for the Secret Stitch. I had kind of decided on using the Lakeside Needlecraft's Lilac Sky in 28 count evenweave but the ones on this website look amazing too!
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Oooh, well done on almost finishing your secret project - it's so exciting.

Nicola, this site is so naughty, that's the second site I've been tempted by today, the fabrics are lovely, they have some beautiful colours I especially like the overdyed fabrics :)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

All welcome to Wendy Wombat's 10000-post-party :partyhat: :toast: !

Have your favourite tipple (all hangover and/or calorie free) and nibbles and raise a glass to the Forum's favourite Wombat!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Nicola Main

Post by Nicola Main »

Wow 10,000+ posts what an achievement Wendy! Here's to the next 10,000 @rotfl: :hug: :whoop:
Work in Progress
Rachel Froud 'Highlander'
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Yo ho! A fab achievement, WW! Here's to 10,000 more! :toast:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

:shock: :shock: Wow! That was Some PARTY!!! :balloons: :balloons: :stars: :icecream: :choc: :choc: :wine: :wine: :partyhat: :partyhat: Loved the bunting around the Tree House and that lighting! :wub:

:toast: :toast: Thanks for making it so Special!! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I've sent in a special clearing up team in so it's all clean and tidy for the Next Party!! :whoop: :whoop: :whoop:
kingfisher2

Post by kingfisher2 »

Was some party Wendy. glad you've got a team to clean up. Those twirly popper things get all over the place. Of course the professional cleaners would be recycling minded too.
Izzi

If you believe you can you will
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

I just sit in some corner, that has good light, and keep stitching and drinking hot chocolate and some buttermilk cake. I celebrate the fact I got done one project of which I did not believe I'd get it done.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Congratulations on the finish - enjoy your celebratory drink!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Sounds like fun in here. Must have a celebration when I finally get to be a regular poster.

When I saw the S&G, I thought it was 'The Star & Garter' pub. :lol: I know that is a name for some of the older pubs. It must be a pun on Grab stitching things & Stash them away for later. Clever to turn it round.

Do you have to book in advance? Where do you get the food & drinks from? Are they already there in large refrigerated rooms to keep them fresh or do you have to bring your own?
Maddie :)
mysterystitcher

Post by mysterystitcher »

Mabel Figworthy wrote:Congratulations on the finish - enjoy your celebratory drink!
Aw, thank you! And you can be sure I will enjoy every drop! I am so relieved. I have 2 small ones to stitch now, and then I must grab a big one again. Let's hope I get that one done too.
Best: MysteryStitcher

My needlepoint blog: http://mysteriousstitching.blogspot.com

My knitting blog: https://mysteriousknitting.blogspot.com
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

sapphire wrote:Do you have to book in advance? Where do you get the food & drinks from? Are they already there in large refrigerated rooms to keep them fresh or do you have to bring your own?
Stash & Grab is open to all members all the time. Never closes. All food, drink and comforts are available whenever you want some. Everything is calorie, fat, glucose free and hypoallergenic. No aftereffects from drinking anything. You don't have to bring anything as it is all here. No need to plan in advance other than giving other members an invitation to a special gathering. Serinde "looks after" the place to make sure the staff are maintaining it properly, which they always are. If you need alone time in a comfy chair by the fireplace, in the garden feel free.

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

rcperryls wrote:
sapphire wrote:Do you have to book in advance? Where do you get the food & drinks from? Are they already there in large refrigerated rooms to keep them fresh or do you have to bring your own?
Stash & Grab is open to all members all the time. Never closes. All food, drink and comforts are available whenever you want some. Everything is calorie, fat, glucose free and hypoallergenic. No aftereffects from drinking anything. You don't have to bring anything as it is all here. No need to plan in advance other than giving other members an invitation to a special gathering. Serinde "looks after" the place to make sure the staff are maintaining it properly, which they always are. If you need alone time in a comfy chair by the fireplace, in the garden feel free.

Carole
:dance:
It's 'Virtual' perfection to put it into 3 words! :dance: :applesauce:
fiddler

HaveRe: 2018 Stash & Grab

Post by fiddler »

Had not posted for a while but the s &get made me laugh especially the mountain gorillas
Got some funny looks on the bus !