2018 Stash & Grab

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Serinde

Re: 2018 Stash & Grab

Post by Serinde »

And we have a treehouse. Don't forget that -- it's in the garden down by the loch. Plus a ball pool (the origins of which are lost in the mists of time -- or the midst of time, as Elder Son used to say). The revolving door takes you directly to St Cross Stitchers, and is plenty big for wheelchairs, of course.

Sapphire, the Stash & Grab was set up originally by Mr X Stitch when he was a visitor here, and we keep it's slightly eccentric and edgy nature intact in his honour! :dance:
sapphire

Post by sapphire »

Thank you Serinde for giving me more facts of S&G. Tree house plus a pool & so close to hospital too. Who could ask for more? Must be great all year round not just in summer as it seems everyone so well cared & you oversee it so have competent person in charge. Loved your eldest son's take on the saying mists of time :) Lovely to remember children's misquotes :)

Heard of Mr. X Stitch. Seen him in one of the x stitch magazines occasionally I seem to recall now he is mentioned.
Maddie :)
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

We shall have a Party organised for you after your move...a House Warming Party!!

:balloons: :grouphug: :mexicanwave: :mexicanwave: :wine: :icecream: :choc: :cake: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

De-fin-ate-ly! (As they might say in Glasgow.)
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, I'm back here in the corner nursing a :tea: (and wishing I could believe it was 5pm somewhere in the world so I could have something stronger) because I just can't face the world of news just at the moment. Sometimes it's more difficult than other times being the only American in the neighbourhood for people to vent their fury and frustration towards... :anotherfrog: :tantrum: :anotherfrog:
fuchsiafairy

Post by fuchsiafairy »

Oh lordy, how awful? Not very nice for people to put you straight as to what they think - always thought politics is a private matter. It's not your fault my lovely. You don't make America's laws. Didn't realise you are from another country, thought you were a Scots lady as your name reminds me of Seren, the Welsh name for star - thought perhaps it was a Scots name from Celtic origins. Us Celts are from a lot of places, isn't it?

(My phraseology does not make sense to some of my English relations but come naturally to me so excuse the odd saying here & there + the occasional LL where it should not be!)

Enjoy some R & R & mind you do not fall out the tree house if you are still there at 5pm imbibing of your favourite drink :lol:
Polly :)
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Some circumstances call for desperate measures, Serinde, and as S&G drinks are guaranteed calorie and hangover-free I'd indulge in whatever you fancy!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Garnet

Post by Garnet »

Oh dear Serinde, people can be cruel sometimes.

I have put your favourite tipple behind the bar and snuck a carrot cake into the display cabinet - calorie free of course being the Stash & Grab :)

Gentle :hug:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I have put your favourite Malt aside for you....in your preferred Waterford Crystal glass. (for when the time is right)

I have had awful comment made in my hearing about Brits being in France especially since the current situation.
So A Big understanding :hug: my friend! :toast:
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

It's perfectly understandable how you feel and I think that it is absolutely allowed to have something extra in your coffee before 5pm. I will be very glad to join you. I am so sorry that you have become the receiver of other people's frustrations. Not fair. I've given up watching the news and have taken to rewatching my extended versions of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogies. Middle Earth is a great place to lose yourself. Also good to spend time in the Marvel and DC and Star Wars Cinematic Universes.

I will be glad to make you an Irish Coffee with freshly made whipped cream. It feels so good going down!

Carole
:tizzy:

added: Wendy you can join us also. I make a good cup of Irish Coffee.
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Thanks, WW and RCP. I think it's probably time, don't you? While I can't remember the last time I was told I couldn't speak (or read or write) English by a Brit, I have clear memories of having to defend the US system in the face of the iniquities of Nixon back in the day and Bush (eg), mostly by explaining (1) the way the impeachment system works (may need to dust that off in the near future :thinks: ) and (2) explain that 'not everything that Bush does is ok by me, by the way'. The iniquities of the present administration... well, I can't be responsible for my actions next time someone hears my accent and then decides that they are going to tell me, personally, to stop locking up babies. :x
fuchsiafairy wrote: Didn't realise you are from another country.
Enjoy some R & R & mind you do not fall out the tree house if you are still there at 5pm imbibing of your favourite drink :lol:
I'm enjoying the view from the treehouse, and I promise I won't fall out. The origins of my online moniker and avatar are in the avatar thread. I left the US a Very Long Time Ago -- pre Reagan! :shock: -- so most of what goes on there is as foreign to me as to you! Believe me, I've lived here for 40 years, and I'll become a Scot at the first available opportunity!
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I haven't had Irish coffee since...well I can't remember when :shock: Quite delicious!

I also enjoyed sipping that good single malt too!
You're right, Serinde. Waterford crystal does wonders for the full flavour.....have another?? :wink:
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

rcperryls wrote: I've given up watching the news and have taken to rewatching my extended versions of the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogies.

I will be glad to make you an Irish Coffee with freshly made whipped cream. It feels so good going down!

Carole
:tizzy:

added: Wendy you can join us also. I make a good cup of Irish Coffee.
At least after much suffering and sacrifice the good guys won in Middle Earth; let's hope and trust the same happens here. Guess what's needed is for all the 'good people' to do 'something'. I see Microsoft employees are pressuring employers to cancel ICE contract, as they don't want to "be complicit". Who'd have thought?
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

wendywombat wrote:I haven't had Irish coffee since...well I can't remember when :shock: Quite delicious!

I also enjoyed sipping that good single malt too!
You're right, Serinde. Waterford crystal does wonders for the full flavour.....have another?? :wink:
Why not? :shamrock: :coffee: :P
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

I'm sitting here under the fan -- can't believe how humid it is! I have put shirts on the line -- more in hope than expectation -- as I'm really wishing for the Rain Gods to take umbrage and let the heaven's open... Meanwhile, I am enjoying my freshly-squeezed lemonade. Very refreshing. :P
Mabel Figworthy

We've just taken MIL to the local reservoir for coffee and watching the boats and water fowl, as the weather forecast says the heavens will open later today (we'd originally intended to take her there for afternoon tea). Here's hoping that we get several hours of gently rain, not an enormous load in 30 minutes - the ground won't cope with that!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

I put my washing out on the line and it started to rain!! By the time I'd un-pegged and put it back in the laundry basket....IT HAD STOPPED! :doh: Still hot here.

Had to have a refreshing iced tea to recuperate!! :lol:
Mabel Figworthy

Usually putting the washing out is an infallible rain dance - this must be a very strong-willed heatwave! We were meant to be having thundery showers by now, and the garden just looks sun-drenched...
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Well, no rain, here either, yesterday... even put YS's work clothes out on the line as extra bait. Nada. Nechevo. Nothing. :lol:
wendywombat

Post by wendywombat »

Serinde wrote:Well, no rain, here either, yesterday... even put YS's work clothes out on the line as extra bait. Nada. Nechevo. Nothing. :lol:
@rotfl: Well it's the Fete National here (Bastille Day) and it ALWAYS rains for the 14th...but not today!! Rien!
We watched the grand parade in the village of the Sapeur -Pompier (Firemen-paramedics) all dressed up in heavy dark uniforms with shiny silver helmets parading in the Sparkling Clean vehicles this morning.
They were doing their best to look cool! The bandsmen looked less than cool too!
It was 30+C I felt for them!