2018 Stash & Grab

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

Mabel Figworthy

Re: 2018 Stash & Grab

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

Very miserable - but fortunately our Saturday morning walking group did get a walk in (albeit cold and blustery) before the rain started. Hot choc, hmm, with marshmallows? Or I may go for hot milk with honey and a splash of brandy - very soothing and warming!
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hot buttered rum was always a good choice on especially cold and wet days. Or my often suggested Irish Coffee with lots of home made whipped cream. With some scones or freshly baked Christmas Cookies?

Carole
:dance:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Oh, I think we deserve Christmas cookies. They’d be my first of the year! Having finished the first of the Faby Reilly SAL designs, I’m just finishing the beading on the second. Golly, they are even better in real life!

If I’m really bold, there’s nothing like dark rum and Crabbies! (That is, Crabbies Green ginger wine; just don’t have too many...)
Angel

Post by Angel »

:wave: I don't get much time for Cross stitch these days, life has been so hectic since I was last here, but a lovely Christmas message has brought me back to say hello! So I'll take an Irish coffee from the bar and hand out Christmas cookies to anyone else stopping by ^_^
Mabel Figworthy

Hello Angel, lovely to see you :wave: ! Hope you had a great Christmas and wishing you and your family a very happy new year :toast:
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Angel

Post by Angel »

:wave: hi Mabel. We had a very stressful Christmas, but a lovely one. My kid decided that two days before Christmas santa was bringing her a rocket and an aeroplane.... but probably not. He was going to bring her dolls instead and she was going to cry... her presents had no rockets or aeroplanes and were mostly superhero and Star Wars dolls :doh: plus we’re at my parents house! I’ve never had such a frantic Christmas! I’m being taken craft shopping today as therapy lol

How was yours?
Mabel Figworthy

Full of family on Christmas Eve (at eldest and DIL's with her Romanian family) and Boxing Day (at cousins' with youngest), and beautifully quiet and relaxed with just DH and me on Christmas Day. I made fresh garlic butter rolls with avocado and mackerel spreads for lunch and we watched White Christmas and Watership Down, and for dinner we had something that just needed to be put in the oven so I didn't have to cook much, and I did no stitching at all but a lot of stitch-related stuff that I hadn't got round to :-) - it was quite blissful!
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Angel

Post by Angel »

That sounds really relaxed and lovely :D
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

We had our family holiday dinner on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day with old friends -- lots of family, including grandchildren, so very jolly, and then collapsed in a heap on Boxing Day. I vaguely remember making a large pot of soup! 8) Now gearing up for Hogmanay, of course... :lol: Even today I don't think I can face anything "rich", not even a mince pie, virtual or real!
Angel

Post by Angel »

Christmas is so magical when seen through the eyes of a child isn't it? But I am so ready for the holidays to be over.
Mabel Figworthy

*sniffle* *ouch* It was a toss-up between here or St Cross Stitcher's - we were to go down to Devon to visit MIL but I woke up with sickness, muscle ache and a runny tummy, and we decided it was much better not to inflict whatever I have on the old folks in the sheltered accommodation!
So far I've been living off hot water with lime juice and honey :-( - and so many lovely goodies to eat in the house! I'm not even stitching, so it must be bad....
WIPs
Waiting

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
Angel

Post by Angel »

Oh no! we've caught something too, but we don't have to go anywhere.
rcperryls

Post by rcperryls »

Hope your illnesses pass by quickly. Lots of colds going around here. Wishes for a healthy New Year for sure!!!

Carole
:wub:
WIPs
Star Wars Afghan:Chewbaca
HAEDs:
O Kitten Tree
Dancing with the Cat
Everything else "on hold"
2022 Finished: Star Wars Afghan: Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Finn, Rey, Poe, Han Solo,Darth Vader, BB8,Luke Skywalker
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Hope you are both OK by now and ready for whatever the New Year will bring. Keep warm - wish I could send you some of our heat.
Sally in Brisbane Australia

WIPS
Christmas Stocking from World of Cross Stitching mag. 262
Serinde

Post by Serinde »

Eek! Mabel, that sounds rotten. Sorry that Angel and LA (little angel) are also under the weather. Seems to be going around... DH has been down with it since Christmas and we have friends coming for Hogmanay supper... (or not!) Everyone Get Better Soon, please! :)