im in love

For all topics which do not fit in the other categories.

Moderators: rcperryls, Rose, karen4bells, Serinde, Alex

crazycat

im in love

Post by crazycat »

saw a few people mention HAED and im in love i want to do them all are there just charts or do they do kits as well
http://stitchycorner.blogspot.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Wip
Celtic fairy
mags

Re: im in love

Post by mags »

http://www.heavenandearthdesigns.com" target="_blank" target="_blank

They do charts, and there are some freebies - scroll to link at the bottom of the page
mags

WIPs:
Heritage Tower Bridge (yes still :roll: )
various bits and bobs
coffee_freak

Post by coffee_freak »

start w/ a smaller freebie..lol
i'm in love with them too..but when i saw an actual graph and the color key..i ran away screamin..lol
If you get a comment of a :smile:,I must be holding my :coffee:
http://coffeecupcakescrossstitch.blogspot.com/
WIP:
Joan Elliot Spring Fairy
Cupcakes
Snuggle Up
2012 HD's
Bohemia
Fairy Friend
crazycat

Post by crazycat »

just wondering can these be stitched on aida or is it out of the question as i never stitched on anything else
Wip
Celtic fairy
Mabel Figworthy

Post by Mabel Figworthy »

If you really want to use aida I'd say use the finest possible, i.e. 18ct, or better still get some hardanger fabric which like aida is woven in blocks (two threads instead of four, but they're still blocks) but it 22ct so a bit closer to the 25ct evenweave HAED usually recommend. You can get "plain" hardanger, or Oslo which has a bit more sheen to it, but as the whole fabric is usually covered I'd stick to the plain as it's cheaper :-).
You can work them on 14ct aida, but they'll end up huge -- well, even huger than they already are :-), as it makes it nearly twice as high and twice as wide as on 25ct.
Hope this helps
Visit Mabel's Fancies at www.mabelfigworthy.co.uk
WIPs
Elizabethan Beauty, RSN Certificate & Online
Waiting
Soli Deo Gloria, Mechthild, bling unicorn, goldwork & silk shading kits

Flights of Fancy (blog)
Mabel's FB page
nicgoss

Post by nicgoss »

All the designs are gorgeous arn't they? :shock:

I'm using 22ct hardanger for mine and that is as small as i'd like to go. Pleased with the result too, so think I chose the right fabric for me!

Have you got your eye on any design in particular?
Nic x

-----------------
Work in Progress

HAED 'Yes'
HAED 'Ballerina Sisters
HAED 'Swans Song'
HAED 'Shh'
Mystic Stitch 'Dawn's Song'
New York @ Night
Angel

Post by Angel »

Aren't they so pretty?

Yes you can stitch on aida, but remember the smaller the count the larger the piece. And these things are HUGE!
quirkyk

Post by quirkyk »

oh yeah they are all gorgeous...I have started one and now have 3 other charts that I own...heaven only knows when I'll get them done! And you can stitch it on any size fabric but again be warned that the finished piece would be HUGE!!!! My Merlin piece on 25 count is already 24 inches long and 14 inched tall...If I did it on 16 count fabric the finished piece would be 44 inches wide by 29 inches high! NO way would my hubby let me do more than one at that size and actually get to frame it and hang it :):) But that isn't to say it isn't possible...just depends how big you want it....

Here is a link to a Cross Stitch Calculator that may help you decide. You tell it how many stitches it is across and high and pick the size fabric and it tells you the dimensions :)

http://yarntree.com/java/xstitchcal.htm
Namaste,
QuirkyK
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

Crazycat, I'm in the same boat you are. When I first joined the forum, I had to figure out what the HAED patterns were. I fell in love with the landscape ones! :wub: I would like to eventually do one, but right now I have 6 Thomas Kinkades along with other projects. Which ones really caught your eye?
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
Rose

Post by Rose »

Thay are beautiful but I would never attempt one as it would literally drive me to drink. Good luck with your choices and just remember there are no rules when it come to what you want to stitch on just what makes you comfortable.
If you are looking for some one to help change you, look in the mirror
charmagne_capalad

Post by charmagne_capalad »

You're right...you can fall in love with HAED designs...they're really beautiful! Like Busy B I love the landscape designs :wub: ...maybe someday....I still have a lot on my to do pile! :)
charmagne
"As we count our stitches...let us not forget to count our blessings..."
@mayneideas on instagram
kimkat_tkl

Post by kimkat_tkl »

I think that you will be hard pressed to find anyone who stitches and knows what HAED are that doesn't :wub: one of them :D . I already own 4 HAED charts (Top Frog, The Angry Ballerina, QS Snow Family, Merry Christmas to All) and have a wish list of about 20 more.

I decided to stitch the free Vermillion :snowman: (one comes out on their site every month) on 25ct as a test run before I started a HAED and once I finish/catch up them (I am working on April at the moment) I intend to start Merry Xmas, so I am slowly building up the threads and plan on getting the fabric when the craft show hits Brisbane in October (usually get good specials...)

Merry Christmas to all:
Busy_B

Post by Busy_B »

Oh, I really like this Christmas one, too! I also think the one of Santa taking a nap is really cute! If only I had time....
WIPs: There Be Dragons, Feed My Sheep, Canyon Flight HAED, Lotus Flowers HAED, Christmas Cove
sammy_v

Post by sammy_v »

I love that design, there are so many i love but just cant decide which i love the most lol.
AnimaValida

Post by AnimaValida »

Rose wrote:Thay are beautiful but I would never attempt one as it would literally drive me to drink.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Good to know what I'm in for... should make for some interesting results!

They are beautiful patterns though! Thankfully I only have two (so far...)
Amanda
crazycat

Post by crazycat »

i looked at a pattern and think i will go hide for a while till i get more confident. i still want to find something to get my teeth into just not quite that big yet. my current one is 18x13 cm but ive done nearly half since saturday its just not big enough i need something in between.
Wip
Celtic fairy
AnimaValida

Post by AnimaValida »

Have you looked at any of the Quick Stitches from HAED? They are usually smaller details of the patterns.
Amanda
crazycat

Post by crazycat »

thanks i shall go look now
Wip
Celtic fairy
crazycat

Post by crazycat »

ok im a noob i have to admit i dont think im ready for haed as i have only ever stitched on aida and frankly the charts make my head hurt. i do want to do one but i need to develop my skill a bit first. i have only been doing cross stitch again for a little over a week and only on my second kit i think i may be running away with my self(note to self find something slightly challenging but not so complicated)
Wip
Celtic fairy
AnimaValida

Post by AnimaValida »

:lol: They do look a little complicated, don't they?

I'm working on my first and it's the first time I've used anything but Aida cloth and I LOVE the difference! Even if you don't feel up to HAED stuff, have you considered playing around with different fabrics?
Amanda